Thread: [Lincoln, RI] 9/19 DHG Legacy for a Lotus!

Sep 2006
    www.dhgri.com

[Lincoln, RI] 9/19 DHG Legacy for a Lotus!

UPDATES:

Doors now opening at 11am and registration will be available in 2 different rooms!

With our addiitional space a few doors down so we can now seat up to 150 players!!! =D

------

September 19th Die Hard Games presents...

Legacy for a Lotus! :-o

Format: Legacy (competitive REL, decklists/way to keep track of life required)

Decklists filled out ahead of time are encouraged
    http://wpn.wizards.com/sites/wpn/fil...heet_pdf11.pdf

Head Judge: Amin Younes

Entry: $50 (Cash preferred, CC accepted but will have additional fee to cover merchant transaction cost)

Prizes:

1st = Unlimited Black Lotus in gorgeous condition!! Guaranteed regardless of turnout!

2nd - 4th to receive store credit based on attendance at less than 50 players

At 50 or more players...

2nd = 2 boxes of Modern Masters 2015!!

3rd/4th = 1 Box ea. of MM2015!

5th - 8th half box ea. of MM2015!

At 70 or more players 5th - 8th will each get a full box of MM2015!

At 80 or more players 9th - 12th will each receive a box of From the Vault: Angels!
    Also at 80 players will be a free side event for an Italian Abyss!

At 100 or more players there will be a free side event for a highly played Tundra!
    Also at 100 players+ Top 16 will receive prize and dual lands will be added to the prize pool!

We sincerely hope you'll join our Legacy for a Lotus at DHG on 9/19!

P.S. we have a $500 cash standard PPTQ the next day on Sunday 9/20. There is a discount if you play in both events :)
    Last edited by Dxfiler; 09-17-2015 at 07:11 PM.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Re: [Lincoln, RI] 9/19 DHG Legacy for a Lotus!

Quote Originally Posted by Dxfiler View Post
    :-o
    Indeed!

Sep 2006
    www.dhgri.com

Hello again! 9th - 12th prizes changed to From the Vault: Angels, as I advertised a wee too much MM2015 than I actually have in stock
    Also added free side event for an ITALIAN ABYSS! Both these things happen at 80+ players, which I believe we'll breeze by. Hope to see you 9/19!

Sep 2006
    www.dhgri.com

I was able to secure additional space for this event a few doors down and can now seat 150 players comfortably

The fear of this overflowing is now erased and my judge staff is excellent so we are good to go.

Doors open at 11:30am please come by 12:30pm if possible. Tourney will be starting at 1pm sharp.

Looking forward to seeing everyone for one more big Legacy event on 9/19!

- Dave

Sep 2006
    www.dhgri.com

Doors now opening at 11am. Registration will be available in both the store and the adjacent room we're using for more space. Posted constructed decklist you can use for reg ahead of time. Not required, but encouraged to have your own printed decklist. Helps save everyone time for registration.

The additional room I'm using will be setup with registration and you will be able to pay with credit card and cash in both rooms. Players will be directed to both rooms for registration and hanging out. Refreshments will be available in both rooms as well as judge staff at all times making sure rounds go up and are timed simultaneously.

Doors open at 11am, making it a 2 hours early you can show and give yourself time to do whatever you need to if necessary.

Should be a very fun day and we hope you join us for it

See you 9/19!

- Dave

P.S. We have a PPTQ the following day on 9/20 standard $500 cash prizes to top 4 and FTV to top 8! $5 discount if you played in the lotus event!

Jul 2013
    Texas

Any more updates on sides?

I have a business trip to Boston that Monday, want to leave early for this, but want to get a full day of legacy in even if I scrub!

Sep 2006
    www.dhgri.com

Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Any more updates on sides?

I have a business trip to Boston that Monday, want to leave early for this, but want to get a full day of legacy in even if I scrub!
    Hi

We will have a full slate of side events planned between paid and free ones. For free we will have one for an Italian Abyss at 80 or more players, then another one for a highly played Tundra at 100 or more players. I expect both of these to fire. Also at 100 or more players I will be paying out top 16. Will likely add some low end dual lands to the prize pool at over 100 players. 9th - 12th will be able to pick a dual land or a FTV: Angels, and 13th-16th will get whatever they didn't take. Prizes will keep scaling also with attendance. Paid side event schedule I don't know just yet, but we will have plenty of good $10 side events available should the main not go your way.

I will be steering people to the additional room for registration before the event starts, so don't panic if you can't initially get in the main room (the store). The event will be run out of both rooms, so players will be in both rooms throughout the day between main and side events. Refreshments/AC/bathroom and staff will be in both rooms. The room I rented next door is very nice (and I have to keep it that way ).

Obviously I'm expecting a very large turnout for this and I'm taking many steps to ensure a smooth day. My staff is excellent and includes many judges who have worked my 150-200 person PTQ's in the past. I'm treating this event on that level, even though I don't expect the attendance to quite reach that level.

It is very exciting to be able to run an event like this again and I enjoy the legacy community very much, hence why I picked this format for the event. The Lotus is the best condition one I've seen in recent memory so I'm excited to be able to give away a prize this big. I expect everyone to have respect for their opponents at all times. I expect all cards to be real and obviously no cheating will be tolerated, although our Legacy events have had next to no shenanigans over the years and that's thanks to the professionalism of the community. I expect that same standard again this weekend.

Above all I hope everyone has fun. I will do everything in my power to ensure a good event and hope to see everyone this Saturday! =)

- Dave

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

Bump so that everyone knows that no matter how many of you show up, I am walking home with the lotus.

Let the trash talk commence.

Jul 2013
    Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    Bump so that everyone knows that no matter how many of you show up, I am walking home with the lotus.

Let the trash talk commence.
    You mean you'll be walking home because you sold your car to buy one after going 0-3?

OHHHHHHHH

What Would Ravenous Baloth Do?
    May 2008
    Connecticut

So who ended up taking the lotus home? Top 8?

Sadly, I went 2-2-1 > drop
    Fools dig for water, corpses or gold
    The ice in my teeth keep the Cristal cold
    I be shoot'n lava around like an uzi
    Watch me turn this glacier into a jacuzzi
    I'm so hot people standing around me, just to stay warm
    Castin' so many spells looks like I'm playin' Storm
    I fuck all your creatures without any lotion
    Skeet in yo face, Erratic Explosion
    Every time you look I'm doing 2 to your dome!
    So scoop up your cards and take your broke ass home

-G.L.M.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
    Sadly, I went 2-2-1 > drop
    RIP.

I wasn't able to make it due to awful and unforgivable coworkers, but I know a few people who made it far (I hear SplinterTwin did pretty well :V) and I would love to find out the final standings.

Apr 2015
    United States, New England

I don't know the full standings, but I know Rich Shay (Grixis Control) and Taylor Pratt (Miracles) split the finals.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thread Information