Thread: [Article]Eternal Europe: Wishing For Knowledge

[Article]Eternal Europe: Wishing For Knowledge

Well, Dig has stuck around, so so does this deck ;)

http://www.starcitygames.com/article...Knowledge.html

Enjoy!

PS: As I didn't manage to fit the Crystal Vein commentary in: Vein has been quite decent for me, after my limit amount of experiences, I'd still rather play this than accept the awkward mana development of city of traitors. The deck does play out reasonably controlish from time to time and that's when Crystal Vein's ability to just be another land really shines.
    I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else. -Daria

Proud member of Team CAB
    High Priest of the Church of BLA

CAB JaceTM

My articles

Apr 2007
    Leicester, UK

Re: [Article]Eternal Europe: Wishing For Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Mon,Goblin Chief View Post
    Well, Dig has stuck around, so so does this deck ;)
    It is not a deck I want to play but I did enjoy the article. Given that most of the deck is Sorcery speed I prefer having the one Spaghetti Monster just for the extra options.
    My Legacy Decks of choice: Pox, Miracles, D&T or Lands.
    Online Trading Reference Checker

Nice article :).

. Speaking of wasteland, don't you think that basic mountain is needed in this deck ? It think it is, to allow several lines without getting timewalked : wish t2 into show t3 or yp + cantrip t3.

. What about overmaster sb ? Allows to dodge reb.

. Pyroclasm looks weird sb if you want to go control vs tempo.
    A protected young pyromancer often means game and pyroclasm kind of contradicts this game plan. Maybe your plan is to remove 2 Yps to bring pyroclasm in. I tried it in grixis control and wasn't satisfied with it. You should try grim lavamancer + forked bolt/kolaghan's command (which is an instant but can regrowth grim/yp) instead. It allows to keep the yp plan and be as controll-ish as you wanted to be.
    Jemand musste Joseph K. verleumdet haben, denn ohne dass er etwas Böses getan hätte, wurde er eines Morgens verhaftet.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I could definitely see Overmaster being good in the wishboard - it was always a staple in the old Burning Wish omni builds a while back. Its even a reasonable cantrip to play since it makes your opponents decisions really tough.

If Pyroclasming your own guys is a problem, could you play Sudden Demise, although that gets stopped by Gaddock Teeg, which might matter.

Thread Information