Thread: [Article] A look back at GP Lille

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

[Article] A look back at GP Lille

Hey guys,

here is my new article!

Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Re: [Article] A look back at GP Lille

Rough not making day two.

Enjoyed the read. I'm looking forward towards your 4cLoam article, as chalice sure kicks some butt these days.

May 2011
    Noricum

Quote Originally Posted by snorlaxcom View Post
    Rough not making day two.
    Life isn't always kind and embracing variance one way or another is necessary in this very game. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    Enjoyed the read. I'm looking forward towards your 4cLoam article, as chalice sure kicks some butt these days.
    Thank you very much. The article on AggroLoam should be out next Wednesday. It'll include interviews with the deck designer Niklas Kronberger and GP Lille Top8 competitor Christoph Alsheimer.

Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Site Contributor
    Feb 2010
    Denver, CO

Good read, definitely looking forward to articles on the different decks you wanted to spotlight.
    Lord of the Chalice

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

May 2011
    Noricum

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    Good read, definitely looking forward to articles on the different decks you wanted to spotlight.
    Thank you very much, Sir.

Yeah I felt that it was pretty important that I start exploring and covering more in Legacy than... well... Miracles, Miracles, Miracles and... hmm Miracles. :)

If you have a very specific topic that you'd like to see covered and think that it might be of good use for the community itself, make sure to let me know.

Greetings

Site Contributor
    Feb 2010
    Denver, CO

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post

Yeah I felt that it was pretty important that I start exploring and covering more in Legacy than... well... Miracles, Miracles, Miracles and... hmm Miracles. :)

If you have a very specific topic that you'd like to see covered and think that it might be of good use for the community itself, make sure to let me know.

Greetings
    Haha yeah. I mean, I enjoyed them even as somebody who never plays Miracles - imbibing all the theory and experience still helps me as someone who has to play against it all the time ;). I think in-depth reviews of other decks will help a lot of people in the community though, especially fringe archetypes that are suddenly good like Aggro Loam (very few people are familiar with that deck).
    Lord of the Chalice

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

May 2011
    Noricum

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    Haha yeah. I mean, I enjoyed them even as somebody who never plays Miracles - imbibing all the theory and experience still helps me as someone who has to play against it all the time ;). I think in-depth reviews of other decks will help a lot of people in the community though, especially fringe archetypes that are suddenly good like Aggro Loam (very few people are familiar with that deck).
    Yeah but still, I have surely lost many potential readers when the title was "Miracle #132"... :D

Yes, that's my goal with the AggroLoam article. This deck needs spotlight! :)

Greetings

Site Contributor

Jan 2015
    Seattle

Thanks for a great article and perspective on the metagame.

Very fine, and also optimistic article on the state of Legacy.
    I agree with your views on Dig Through Time. The card is insane, yes, but is has also opened some new doors in the format (and maybe closed a few, too, for the time being).

Dec 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

A good read, thank you. Great to see that not everyone is spouting doom and gloom about the current meta.

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

I like how you announce roughly 200 upcoming articles. And one thing I've noticed over several articles on mtgmintcard, they really need an editor.
    That being said, I realise covering the entire top 16 is a process that can easily fry your brain, and I do appreciate the effort.
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

May 2011
    Noricum

Quote Originally Posted by TooOld4Magic View Post
    Thanks for a great article and perspective on the metagame.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartesian View Post
    Very fine, and also optimistic article on the state of Legacy.
    I agree with your views on Dig Through Time. The card is insane, yes, but is has also opened some new doors in the format (and maybe closed a few, too, for the time being).
    Optimism is important! All the other things just destroy our hobby. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Dosferra View Post
    A good read, thank you. Great to see that not everyone is spouting doom and gloom about the current meta.
    Thank you very much! Yeah, it's important to also spread some positivity. We've all heard the complaints far too often now. Why ruin our hobby?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Alexander View Post
    I like how you announce roughly 200 upcoming articles. And one thing I've noticed over several articles on mtgmintcard, they really need an editor.
    That being said, I realise covering the entire top 16 is a process that can easily fry your brain, and I do appreciate the effort.
    Yes, roughly 200. I already have 2015 planned out. :P

Thanks. :)

Greetings

Mar 2010
    Amsterdam

Nice article, thanks :). Looking forward to the storm article!
    37th GP Ams'11 | 80th GP Stras '13 | 5th BoM Paris '13 | 12th GP Lille '15

May 2011
    Noricum

Quote Originally Posted by JamieW89 View Post
    Nice article, thanks :). Looking forward to the storm article!
    Thank you very much!

Well done, again! :)

I'll give my best to not disappoint seasoned Storm Masters. :)

Greetings

Nice article.

I think it would be even better if you went over your matches in the GP in brief form so we can see how your Miracles list did on a matchup by matchup basis, as well.

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

nice article, but id prefer to stay to the real names of the decks and not use grixis, sultai or whatever stupid names wotc tried to shove down our throats and i refuse to learn or use them.
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

I think you're really improving as a writer (at least in English, sorry that I haven't read anything you've written in German) and that this article was by far your most engaging and interesting.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    nice article, but id prefer to stay to the real names of the decks and not use grixis, sultai or whatever stupid names wotc tried to shove down our throats and i refuse to learn or use them.
    Those are the real names now. BUG and RUG are the only ones that really flow off the tongue well enough for the old name to stick. Quit being an old stick in the mud. We're playing a game that changes over time and it's dumb to fight that.

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post
    Those are the real names now. BUG and RUG are the only ones that really flow off the tongue well enough for the old name to stick. Quit being an old stick in the mud. We're playing a game that changes over time and it's dumb to fight that.
    no, theyre not. first of all, its much easier to know the colorcombination by just naming the colors it uses. also in the article he uses the actual names of the decks like canadian and team america but in the metabreakdown he uses sultai and shit.

also i never heard anybody using ceta-, raka-, ana-delver, although its even more fluid than the new wedgecrap.
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

Thread Information