Hi Guys,

I am typically an Elves player in Legacy but am thinking of having another deckbox with a few cards in so I can make a transition into a Vintage deck when the opportunity arises, which is rare in these parts. I would love your input because I am inexperienced in the format:

4 Glimpse of Nature
4 Skullclamp
1 Grapeshot
1 Fastbond
1 Vampiric Tutor

4 Llanowar Elves
4 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Birchlore Rangers
4 Quirion Ranger
3 Wirewood Symbiote
4 Heritage Druid
4 Nettle Sentinel
2 Reclamation Sage
1 Elvish Spirit Guide
1 Craterhoof Behemoth

4 Gaea's Cradle
4 Forest
2 Bayou
6 Fetch
2 Cavern of Souls

SB:
2 Reclamation Sage
2 Abrupt Decay
3 Ravenous Trap
4 Grafdigger's Cage
2 Elvish Visionary
2 Nature's Claim

To Power up I would remove Vampiric Tutor and a Fetch to put in Black Lotus and Mox Emerald.

I have tried to focus the list on drawing most of your deck. Whilst drawing a second 'Clamp is a blank if the first hasn't been countered/destroyed I want to maximise having one of Glimpse or 'Clamp. I am toying with a couple of Visionaries in the board for when I do want to slow down a bit and grind, typically against Delver or BUG Fish but I want to be quick out of the gates G1.

Some of the match-ups (just theoretical at the moment):

'Shops
Recurring Rec. Sage with Symbiote seems like a beating and it is nice that Thorn does nothing here. Plenty of Basics should be strong and destroying artifacts can come almost incidentally to the game plan so I hope this would be a decent match-up.

Delver
Potentially problematic. To go fast I am trying to resolve a key spell and it doesn't help that the majority of the deck is 1CMC. My plan is to bring in Decays and Visionaries and try to grind.

Oath
The plan is Cavern > Rec. Sage. Unlike Legacy Elves, this deck isn't hampered by Cage so that becomes the go to here.

Dredge
Graveyard hate. Plenty of it.

Merfolk
Should be a decent match-up with my mono-Forests and Fog ability with Symbiote. Hammer home enough Glimpses / Skullclamps to get one through what countermagic they have.