Thread: Recommendations for Magic supplies

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Recommendations for Magic supplies

Hello, fellow Sourcers! For almost six years, I've toted around two deck boxes, a pack of playing cards (for tokens), and a small bin of dice in a foldable cardboard box, but the thing is at the end of its life. The cardboard is actually disintegrating. Ideally, I would like to find a close replacement for it. The dimensions are 7 inches wide by 3.5 inches high by 4.75 inches deep. I've been on the lookout for a while at game stores and UPS, and I have not found anything close, so at this point I'm opening up the floor to recommendations. I read about the Dragon's Egg carrying case a few years ago, but it doesn't look like they're being made anymore. I suppose I might be able to find a secondhand one online. Any testimonials on that? Is there something better out there? What do y'all use to pack around your cards?

Re: Recommendations for Magic supplies

So,am i right in thinking you're looking for something like this?

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

May 2013
    Des Moines, IA

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    All I could think of was this or stuff like the old Beatdown gift box (I think it was roughly the same dimensions as what you have listed OP). I have some items organized in a plain box like what Richard listed but I actually carry all my stuff in a backpack.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Thanks for the replies so far.

@Darkenslight: Thanks for the recommendation. That carrying case looks interesting. Metal frame is really heavy-duty. I can't tell from the picture if those compartments can fit a standard-sized deck box or if they're only big enough for the sleeved cards themselves. Are you based in the U.K.? That page says the seller doesn't deliver to the U.S., but maybe there's an equivalent product here. Do you have one of these that you use?

@Richard Cheese: No, my box has different dimensions than the regular long boxes: a little wider and a little deeper than those. I think vitamins or medicine originally came in this box. I had hoped I would find a similar shipping box through UPS, but they didn't have anything close.

@KaiSchafroth: I used to have several of those Beatdown boxes, which were a little wider and I think taller, than the box I have, but, yeah, those would probably work as a substitute. I'll add that to a list of things to look for to compare and/or try out.

I browsed some threads elsewhere online, and someone suggested a DSLR camera bag. I might look into that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    Thanks for the replies so far.

@Darkenslight: Thanks for the recommendation. That carrying case looks interesting. Metal frame is really heavy-duty. I can't tell from the picture if those compartments can fit a standard-sized deck box or if they're only big enough for the sleeved cards themselves. Are you based in the U.K.? That page says the seller doesn't deliver to the U.S., but maybe there's an equivalent product here. Do you have one of these that you use?
    Not at the moment, but it's something I'm defintiely looking into.

Thread Information