Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Commander 2015 discussion

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Commander 2015 discussion

http://wpn.wizards.com/en/products/commander-2015

55 new cards, enemy color pairs this time.

Site Contributor

Mar 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Commander 2015 discussion

I'm sure we will get at least a few new eternal goodies in this set. Commander 2k14 brought us True-Name Nemesis, and other offshoot sets brought us stuff like Baleful Strix, Shardless Agent, Toxic Deluge, Council's Judgment, etc. I think these sets are a good way to introduce new Legacy cards without screwing up Standard. I just hope they don't put a chase card in only 1-2 of the decks.

Mar 2007

2k14 brought us Containment Priest (and Titania/Daretti if that was your thing). CJ was from Conspiracy, TNN and Deluge from 2k13.

I fully expect BG to get new toys (it's one of Wizards favorite color pairings) while WR gets jackshit again.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    2k14 brought us Containment Priest (and Titania/Daretti if that was your thing). CJ was from Conspiracy, TNN and Deluge from 2k13.

I fully expect BG to get new toys (it's one of Wizards favorite color pairings) while WR gets jackshit again.
    I have a hard time imagining how good a WR would have to be played in legacy - but at the same time I have a much easier time with every other color pairing. . . I think it's just because Boros feels so combat oriented and unless they print an over powered creature in it I doubt that color pair would get anything game changing.

I'm glad it's the enemy colors, for some reason they've always been much more interesting than ally pairings to me.

Jan 2010
    Germany

5 new decks, each contains 15 new cards, 55 new cards total, meaning 5x15= 55?!? WTF Wizards? lol

Quote Originally Posted by venice View Post
    5 new decks, each contains 15 new cards, 55 new cards total, meaning 5x15= 55?!? WTF Wizards? lol
    Some of the cards are probably just in multiple decks.

Jan 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by supremePINEAPPLE View Post
    Some of the cards are probably just in multiple decks.
    Yep, but somehow irritating verbalized.

Dec 2012
    Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by venice View Post
    They have done this since the beginning of the sets release. Sol ring is the common denominator.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    I have a hard time imagining how good a WR would have to be played in legacy - but at the same time I have a much easier time with every other color pairing. . . I think it's just because Boros feels so combat oriented and unless they print an over powered creature in it I doubt that color pair would get anything game changing.
    Hatebears with combat stats - think Thalia, except a mixture of red and white abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by supremePINEAPPLE View Post
    I'm glad it's the enemy colors, for some reason they've always been much more interesting than ally pairings to me.
    I'm pretty sure they're going to do ally pairings next year.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Hatebears with combat stats - think Thalia, except a mixture of red and white abilities.

One issue though. What does a potential hate bear need to do to be playable in legacy and commander? I loved containment priest, but what effect do you think they could make that isn't already a thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Jan 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by D@N View Post
    Sol ring is the common denominator.
    Sol Ring is not a new card. They have an artifact card in common for sure, but it will definitely not be Sol Ring.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    One issue though. What does a potential hate bear need to do to be playable in legacy and commander? I loved containment priest, but what effect do you think they could make that isn't already a thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    It really is that easy. Although, I'd change the casting cost to , just so it doesn't get splashed where it shouldn't be splashed. Bump up the stats to 5/7. Prolly oughta have first strike too, and firebreathing, and lifelink, and banding. Definitely banding.

Boros one of my favorite color combinations but the direction they took the guild mechanics was boring. "Red and white? Damage and healing together!"
    I'd like to see red disruption with white's lock pieces.
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

Word. Trinisphere-Man, RestInPeace-Man, or NullRod-Man would all be welcome additions. Or a Containment Priest type dude for spells that hates on Storm/Omniscience/etc.

Jan 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by T-101 View Post
    Word. Trinisphere-Man, RestInPeace-Man, or NullRod-Man would all be welcome additions. Or a Containment Priest type dude for spells that hates on Storm/Omniscience/etc.
    +1

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    The intervening "fuck no dude" clause makes him a real all-star against Miracles.

Also holy shit that link...
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

They already did a dude in red that hoses spells - Eidolon of the Great Revel.

I'm secretly hoping - though not very optimistic - that they'll do something with these decks that isn't just the most obvious thing you could do with that color pair. Like, okay, I get it, UR loves instants and sorceries, BG loves the graveyard and sacrificing stuff, RW is full of little attacky dorks with double strike, WB loves it some life bleeding, and UG likes +1/+1 counters and being some sort of generic goodstuff tempo pile. I understand. You do this with literally every draft format ever. Do something creative this time! Make UR an artifact deck, BG an Elf deck, RW a Big Spells control deck, WB an enchantress deck, and UG something other than +1/+1 counters or generic good stuff. I know you can do it, Wizards. You had a unique take on BG in triple Khans draft! You can replicate that success here!

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Octopusman View Post
    Boros one of my favorite color combinations but the direction they took the guild mechanics was boring. "Red and white? Damage and healing together!"
    I'd like to see red disruption with white's lock pieces.
    Moonhold was always a card I loved but was never quite good enough.

Thread Information