Thread: Jace, Vryn's Prodigy and Worldgorger Dragon

Jace, Vryn's Prodigy and Worldgorger Dragon

So, I noticed some guy over at The Mana Drain using Jace as Bazaar 5-8 in a WGD combo deck... but it seems to me that this doesn't work? I'm very confused. Hoping it works, but it seems like Jace would come back into play with summoning sickness, and even if he didn't, he'd flip after a couple activations anyways, therefore not letting you dump your whole deck in the graveyard and win. And yet over at TMD everyone was talking about how synergistic Jace is with WGD and an animate dead effect... anyone want to clue me in on what's going on? Is he merely a useful discard outlet that doesn't act as a full-on bazaar, or am I missing some interaction?

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Re: Jace, Vryn's Prodigy and Worldgorger Dragon

If WGD exiles a flipped Jace, I'm pretty sure the card comes back on the creature side. WGD doesn't care that the graveyard trigger flipped him earlier or not.

My question (besides why use the GY over just going infinite mana + Stroke of Genius) when thinking about this is, how do they give Jace haste?

Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post
    why use the GY over just going infinite mana + Stroke of Genius
    That's one I do know the answer to. Jace serves as a discard outlet before you combo, enabling you to get WGD into the graveyard. And then it wins you the game (in combination with 1 Tasigur and 1 Lightning Bolt somewhere in your deck) when you do combo. Plus, it's not half bad by itself.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

There is no way to give him haste. He isn't there to win once you are in the Dragon loop, he is there to get you to the Dragon loop.

From Matt on tMD: "the looting ability is really good but so is the flashback ability especially in long, complex games where the card disadvantage from Bazaar is prohibitive. Jace enables an early combo and gives the deck resilience plus facilitates a transformational sideboard as he is perfectly playable (great, actually) in those games."
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post
    My question (besides why use the GY over just going infinite mana + Stroke of Genius) when thinking about this is, how do they give Jace haste?
    In principle Anger could work, but I think it's not a great line of play.

Thread Information