Thread: [EDH] Sliver Overlord

[EDH] Sliver Overlord

I built this deck so that it would be legal in both WotC rules and French EDH rules so I don't have to go about switching it around depending on which store I'm going to or the type of tournament that I'm playing at.

Wins via aggro as often as it does combo out. I am extremely creature heavy on purpose to stay on theme of the sliver horde.

Any advice on any recommended changes is most welcome! (:

//Commander (1)
    5 Sliver Overlord

//Lands (36)
    0 Plains
    0 Forest
    0 Island
    0 Swamp
    0 Mountain
    0 Cavern of Souls
    0 Command Tower
    0 Sliver Hive
    0 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    0 Mutavault
    0 Flooded Strand
    0 Polluted Delta
    0 Bloodstained Mire
    0 Wooded Foothills
    0 Windswept Heath
    0 Misty Rainforest
    0 Arid Mesa
    0 Scalding Tarn
    0 Hallowed Fountain
    0 Watery Grave
    0 Stomping Ground
    0 Temple Garden
    0 Steam Vents
    0 Overgrown Tomb
    0 Breeding Pool
    0 Godless Shrine
    0 Tundra
    0 Underground Sea
    0 Badlands
    0 Taiga
    0 Savannah
    0 Scrubland
    0 Volcanic Island
    0 Bayou
    0 Plateau
    0 Tropical Island

//Creatures (46)
    1 Virulent Sliver
    1 Striking Sliver
    1 Plated Sliver
    1 Galerider Sliver
    2 Quick Sliver
    2 Venom Sliver
    2 Muscle Sliver
    2 Gemhide Sliver
    2 Manaweft Sliver
    2 Predator Sliver
    2 Heart Sliver
    2 Hunter Sliver
    2 Sentinel Sliver
    2 Sinew Sliver
    2 Diffusion Sliver
    2 Winged Sliver
    2 Crystalline Sliver
    2 Hibernation Sliver
    2 Darkheart Sliver
    3 Sedge Sliver
    3 Blur Sliver
    3 Homing Sliver
    3 Syphon Sliver
    3 Basal Sliver
    3 Harmonic Sliver
    3 Necrotic Sliver
    3 Frenetic Sliver
    3 Firewake Sliver
    4 Root Sliver
    4 Essence Sliver
    4 Bonescythe Sliver
    4 Shifting Sliver
    5 Brood Sliver
    5 Might Sliver
    5 Thorncaster Sliver
    5 Ward Sliver
    5 Synapse Sliver
    5 Sliver Legion
    5 Sliver Queen
    5 Sliver Hivelord
    6 Megantic Sliver
    2 Amoeboid Changeling
    3 Mirror Entity
    4 Phyrexian Metamorph
    5 Karametra, God of Harvests
    5 Seedborn Muse
    5 Prophet of Kruphix

//Mana Assist/Filtering (6)
    1 Mirri's Guile
    2 Sylvan Library
    3 Crystal Ball
    4 Ranger's Path
    4 Skyshroud Claim
    5 Mirari's Wake

//Other (10)
    1 Training Grounds
    1x Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Unnatural Selection
    3 Aggravated Assault
    3 Crib Swap
    3x Chord of Calling
    3x Wargate
    4 Mana Echoes
    5 Living Death
    5 Patriarch's Bidding
    8 Decree of Pain
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

Re: [EDH] Sliver Overlord

So I know this is kind of late, but I built Sliver Overlord and thought maybe I could help:

Crib Swap seems kind of random. Do you use it to hit your own things, or do you really like giving your opponents decently sized creatures since a good portion of your slivers affect every other sliver? I'm just wondering if that would be better as Swords to Plowshares or Beast Within. Also, if you want to be on-theme with a lot of creatures, how would you feel about Constricting Sliver?

One card I greatly enjoy in my build is Intruder Alarm. Due to the nature of Overlord's tutoring, getting Gemhide or Manaweft is a cinch. Pretty much, landing Intruder Alarm with Gemhide/Manaweft and at least four other Slivers out means you get to pull all of the Slivers from your library and cast them. 3 into Overlord to tutor out Heart Sliver, cast Heart, creatures untap, then continue doing this with every other Sliver card in your deck, working your way up the mana costs as you go. Then just alpha strike and win, steal or exile all of your opponent's creatures, destroy any enchantments or artifacts that may hinder you, etc.. Drawing that card with Sliver Overlord means you win, a lot of the time.

Re: [EDH] Sliver Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Pook and Pie View Post
    So I know this is kind of late, but I built Sliver Overlord and thought maybe I could help:

Crib Swap seems kind of random. Do you use it to hit your own things, or do you really like giving your opponents decently sized creatures since a good portion of your slivers affect every other sliver? I'm just wondering if that would be better as Swords to Plowshares or Beast Within. Also, if you want to be on-theme with a lot of creatures, how would you feel about Constricting Sliver?

One card I greatly enjoy in my build is Intruder Alarm. Due to the nature of Overlord's tutoring, getting Gemhide or Manaweft is a cinch. Pretty much, landing Intruder Alarm with Gemhide/Manaweft and at least four other Slivers out means you get to pull all of the Slivers from your library and cast them. 3 into Overlord to tutor out Heart Sliver, cast Heart, creatures untap, then continue doing this with every other Sliver card in your deck, working your way up the mana costs as you go. Then just alpha strike and win, steal or exile all of your opponent's creatures, destroy any enchantments or artifacts that may hinder you, etc.. Drawing that card with Sliver Overlord means you win, a lot of the time.
    Crib Swap is just tutorable creature removal since it is a changeling spell. I had StP in there. Constricting was too expensive and I typically would be winning by the time I'm dropping him on the battlefield or have a semi-empty hand - he was just someone I never wanted to tutor for.

I'll give Intruder Alarm a try though. I kinda thought about it and ended up going without it, but that was probably a mistake - you are making a great point.

Any decklist to share? Curious to see the different directions people take the deck. (:
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

Thread Information