Thread: #4 with U/B Reanimator at eternal-clash.com!

#4 with U/B Reanimator at eternal-clash.com!

Eternal-Clash the 19th of September 2015

Hey this is my first tournament report. I’m rather new to the legacy scene. I started playing +/- a year ago, i’ve played burn, RUG Delver, UR Delver, RUG Delver, Grixis Delver, Grixis Pyromancer and now Reanimator.

Here is my tournament report. It’s not going to be the most well written, since i’m writing a lot of this from memory. Overall i am happy about how the deck performed.

Decklist in end of thread.

Round 1: Grixis Standstill.

This is a deck i’ve never played against. I’m familiar with standstill and how it works. I won the die roll.

Game one i fetch go, he plays a fetch, and i fetch + entomb in response.

Turn 2 i go for exhume on Griselbrand, the game is conceded the following turn.

Game 2 i get rekt by my lacking knowledge of the deck playing black and playing deathrite shaman.
    His turn 1 is swamp + DRS, i kept a hand with some trips, some shows and a fatty.

I’m not able to answer DRS and i end up losing to a wasteland on my boseiju and beats by Mishra’s Factory.

Game 3 i’m back on the play, i mull to 6 i think and keep a turn 2 griselbrand with daze.
    This eventually wins me the game on 33 to 0, i didn’t use griselbrand since he didn’t try to resolve anything else that ponders.

Round 2: Infect.
    i’m on the draw

He goes turn 1; Trop, go.

Game 1;
    An early Griselbrand finds an Elesh Norn that then get’s a concession + i had lethal.
    I had counters for when i needed them, overall my plan of an early threat into a silver bullet came along perfect.

Game 2;
    His 3rd turn ends with me having 10+ poison counters. I don’t see any real business that could keep up with his permission and beats from blighted agent.

Game 3;
    We fight a bit over some spells i make a turn 2 Grave titan off a careful study, it’s not optimal but it’s a clock, and it’s able to make a good amount of blockers to take care of his elfs.

In one of the turns i’m able to put a Blazing Archon in my graveyard (had Elesh on my hand) and i even try to reanimate it after attacking with grave titan, i loose the counter war because he chose not to play a noble (he told me) since i only had daze and he had 1 mana open.

He then tries to go for the kill the turn after. Here my daze put up an insane amount of work since it’s able to counter a 2nd berserk on an elf. I had 3 zombie’s to block. And i reanimate Blazing Archon the turn after, that is game.

Round 3; Grixis Delver.
    Game 1; His clock was so fast i couldn’t keep up with him.
    Game 2; He got a slow start and i find a turn 2 gravetitan, which then matches his young pyro + 1 token by a mile. Needle on DRS. Made a brainstorm fumble tho where i missed out on Grave Titan for a turn.
    Game 3; This was one of the best and worst games i’ve ever played. He has turn 1 DRS. I got next to no business. Early on end of his 3rd turn i bait out a force with an echo on drs.
    I then play boseiju go. It get’s wasted, and another DRS comes into play. From a thoughtseize i now know his only card is a young pyromancer, i then slap a show on the table with elesh norn in the grip. This wins me the game.

Round 4; RUG Delver
    My only loss, game one ends 20 to 0 in his favor all my business get countered and i attempt a dumb fight over a jace activation, which uses up all my permission on nothing.

Game 2 i cast 3 or 4 reanimate spells, none of these resolves.

0 - 2, first loss.

Round 5: Mentor Miracles

Game 1; i make a turn 1 thoughtseize turn 3 griselbrand with force backup, i win the card advantage race. Turn 2 i play a Jace, turn 3 i activate him, then flips him, then he win the game by being a snapcaster mage.

Game 2; long grind where i cast several exhume’s with boseiju, play and replay elesh norn to stop mentor, draws most of my deck, he goes to 1 for surgical, i force back with force + boseiju. I then draw and hardcast a grave titan in turn 1000 ish, which he finds no terminus for. I had an early Griselbrand i couldn’t protect but i kept on putting up pressure in total i got the following into play before i won. Griselbrand, Elesh Norn, Tidespout Tyrant, Elesh Norn, Grave Titan. I was able to bounce elesh on a swords attempt then to SnT her the turn after with boseiju. The grind was a real grind.

Round 6: RUG
    I knew he was on RUG. I won the die roll.
    Game 1; I go for a turn 1 Grave Titan (First and only turn 1 in this Tournament), the reanimate does not resolve, but i’m then able to go for it twice in my following turn.

Game 2 he slams a turn 3 cage, i sandbagged a petal and go land into petal into show into blazing archon, he burns me to 4. But i win the game by beating with blazing and watching his goyf stay back.

At this point i got the 2nd place the only one better than me being my only loss and the 3rd place being max. My breakers are pretty good, and i’m then able to draw into top 8 with 16 points.

Round 7; ID against a friend of mine on miracles. We then go out to get something to eat.

My first round in top 8 is against Max from earlier.
    I throw game 1. Game 2 i stick a jace to the table, which flashbacks a brainstorm that get’s me a show and tell kill after he “surgically” removed my my Sphinx. Game 3 he keeps a way to sketchy hand, his turn 1 play is probe for life and then it’s my turn, so he kept a no lander. Luckily for me i’m able to punish him for this by making a turn 2 or 3 gravetitan. The only land i see from him is a wasteland and all i play is basics. I thoughtseize him before my first reanimate and see his keep was something like “3x Cabal Therapy, Probe, Young, Wasteland and something i don’t remember.” I didn’t bother to write his hand down since i saw he got a hand full of nothing.

My second round is against RUG from earlier.

I might as well copy paste what i wrote from round 4, i get a bad beating in both games. When i concede to him in game 2 i see he still had, 2x Force, 1x Flusterstorm, 1x Spell Snare and a back up delver. I wish i could pull this amount of permission.

Overall i’m very happy with my performance and my deck. It was my first large tournament with the deck. I apologize for any funky english in the above text :D

MVP of the deck: Jace, Vryn's Prodigy - An absolute beast.

Decklist:
    Creatures (8)
    1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    1 Grave Titan
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    1 Jace, Vryn’s Prodigy
    1 Tidespout Tyrant
    3 Griselbrand

Instants (16)
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Daze
    4 Entomb
    4 Force of Will

Sorceries (17)
    1 Show And Tell
    2 Ponder
    2 Thoughtseize
    4 Careful Study
    4 Exhume
    4 Reanimate

Artifacts (3)
    3 Lotus Petal

Lands (16)
    2 Flooded Strand
    2 Island
    2 Swamp
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    3 Underground Sea
    4 Polluted Delta
    Sideboard (15)
    3 Show And Tell
    2 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    2 Echoing Truth
    2 Pithing Needle
    1 Massacre
    1 Dread Of NIght
    1 Sphinx Of The Steel Wind
    1 Ashen Rider
    1 Blazing Archon
    1 Coffin Purge

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Re: #4 with U/B Reanimator at eternal-clash.com!

Congratulations in the finish!

You should also post this in the Reanimator thread, there's a few guys there who would be interested to hear more on your thoughts running baby Jace.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Re: #4 with U/B Reanimator at eternal-clash.com!

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Congratulations in the finish!

You should also post this in the Reanimator thread, there's a few guys there who would be interested to hear more on your thoughts running baby Jace.
    Thank you :)

I'm very new to this forum, where do i find "the Reanimator" thread?

Thread Information