Thread: [Article] B&R + Storm

Bryant Cook

[Article] B&R + Storm

My thoughts on the B&R Announcement and their effects on storm: http://www.theepicstorm.com/septembe...-announcement/

Site Contributor
    Feb 2010
    Denver, CO

Re: [Article] B&R + Storm

Seems like a good analysis overall, with one exception. I wouldn't call Lands the worst matchup for Miracles, or even a bad matchup at that - the matchup is ever-so-slightly unfavorable for Lands preboard, although postboard games vary a lot based on who has what.
    Lord of the Chalice

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

Jul 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    Seems like a good analysis overall, with one exception. I wouldn't call Lands the worst matchup for Miracles, or even a bad matchup at that - the matchup is ever-so-slightly unfavorable for Lands preboard, although postboard games vary a lot based on who has what.
    +1

Bryant Cook

Fair enough, thanks for the feedback.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2010

I think it is dependent on which lands deck you are talking about, I would say RG lands has an even to slightly unfavorable matchup against miracles but blue lands does have a favorable miracles matchup.

I'm also not sure if Dig's banning is good for Lands. Miracles and Omnitell were pretty manageable postboard with 4x Trini and Kgrip, but SneakShow isn't truly dealt with by that 8-some (and it has its own postboard hate in bloodmoon). ALso, will DTT's banning result in more RIPs being played?

Death & Taxes - Now that the format's premier Show and Tell deck is Sneak & Show, Death& Taxes is able to fight the combo deck much easier. It was very difficult for them to combat Omniscience, but Emrakul, the Aeon's Torn and Griselbrand can be dealt with in a number of ways that are more common in that color. In fact, I would say they just went from having a bad match-up to a positive one over night - dig out your Containment Priest and Karakas! (See what I did there?)
    Unfortunately... no, I don't. What am I missing?

EDIT: Never mind, I finally got it (Dig Through Time reference).

Quote Originally Posted by Rivfader View Post
    I'm also not sure if Dig's banning is good for Lands. Miracles and Omnitell were pretty manageable postboard with 4x Trini and Kgrip, but SneakShow isn't truly dealt with by that 8-some (and it has its own postboard hate in bloodmoon). ALso, will DTT's banning result in more RIPs being played?
    Omnitell was anything but manageable for poor old Lands.
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Apr 2008
    Hayden, AL

I would also address Black Vise and it's effect on the meta and how it can warp some matches drastically.

Also how it spawns a new deck all by itself to take on the meta and how you should play against 20 counters.dek
    Team Shit Sandwich; smelling bad so you don't have to.

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Quote Originally Posted by Shax View Post
    I would also address Black Vise and it's effect on the meta and how it can warp some matches drastically.

Also how it spawns a new deck all by itself to take on the meta and how you should play against 20 counters.dek
    It should be confirmed whether Vise would join landtax and worldgorger dragon, before any conclusion.
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

I think the only card we'll see coming back is RiP in Miracles and Stoneblade variants. I don't think this is entirely a problem because Ad Nauseam tends to be good vs those decks as well as winning through tutor chain or natural Tendrils (I play ANT). I find the hatebears in Miracles' sb are more problematic

RUG and BUG delver will make a return with the typical surgicals/cage sb. Grixis Delver was a better matchup for storm than either of these so I'll be missing it. With the return of Stifle/Hymns/Thoughtseize I think it's time to include Flusterstorm in my sb.

Thread Information