Thread: OmniPresents (UW Omnitell)

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

OmniPresents (UW Omnitell)

Had been meaning to build this for a while now due to my hatred of sometimes just spinning my wheels with cantrips and holding onto uncastable cards. This also made me happy about the DTT ban as it helped with card choices. 3 game plans that work together opening up options. So far I have only been able to test against death and taxes and miracles, but the results have been promising. Not sure what else to say at this point, but comments and questions are appreciated.

1 emrakul, the Aeons torn
    1 griselbrand
    1 snapcaster Mage
    3 monestary mentor

4 show and tell
    4 omniscience
    2 gifts ungiven
    1 unburial rites
    1 noxious revival
    1 impulse
    1 split decision
    1 daze
    1 counterspell
    4 force of will
    2 spell pierce
    3 cunning wish

4 brainstorm
    4 ponder
    3 preordain

6 island
    2 tundra
    1 scrubland
    4 flooded strand
    2 polluted delta
    2 ancient tomb
    1 city of traitors

Sideboard
    1 rushing river
    1 release the ants
    1 firemind's foresight
    1 eladamri's call
    1 trickbind
    1 tidespout tyrant
    1 elesh norn, grand cenobite
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Re: OmniPresents (UW Omnitell)

1. What are your typical piles before/after omni?
    2. Is the extra card from gifts better than the straight tutor effect of intuition?

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

Honestly I haven't had to make to many varied piles. The main idea behind gifts was that I can put a griselbrand into play and because of the heavier protection in the deck just tide him to victory. Gris and rites is therefore the main pile and better then what intuition does. Snapcaster and revival do open up piles to get most things however.

Omni can make for weirder piles. Having a brainstorm in hand I made a Gris, Emmy, snapcaster ,revival pile to get an emrakul before the shuffle trigger resolved. I suspect some of the 1 of's will change as I explore the deck though.

Not sure how helpful that is right now for you.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

That was fairly helpful. Its hard to know what the exact intricacies are when looking at a gifts list's one ofs imo.

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

That's fair. I only experienced the 4 pile emrakul one in game. In fact that wasn't the only weird thing to happen during testing. I fully admit that there will probably be a lot for me to figure out as well as it has only been due to being put in a situation that I look for answers beyond the obvious line I intended.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Jul 2013
    Rhode Island

No Intuition? You have access to an infinite combo and you don't play it? This has been done before when people thought Spirit of the Labyrinth was the tits in Legacy.

-Get Omniscence in to play and cast either Gifts or Intuition.
    -With Gifts: Your pile is Emrakul, Gifts, Intuition, and any cantrip
    -With Intuition: 2 Gifts and Emrakul
    -Get your cards, shuffle the deck. You have netted 1 card.
    -Go wild
    -Cast Emrakul. Yay.

That's it. You don't have to get cute and play bad cards like Revival and Unburial Rites when you can just win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    To be fair, you're supposed to build a sizable pyre underneath it and light it with an arrow from afar.

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

That's fine, but that does assume an omniscience in play already. The reason to play gifts is so you can win without omniscience and show and tell. By adding snapcaster and revival you gain a tutor. I'm not sold on adding intuition for an infinite combo when I should be winning anyway with an omniscience in play. However if I only need one intuition it could be worth a sideboard slot for sure.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Jul 2013
    Rhode Island

You literally cut off so much work. Just play Show and Tell and win. Stop durdling around and just win the game.
    To be fair, you're supposed to build a sizable pyre underneath it and light it with an arrow from afar.

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

But I am winning if I play show and tell already. That's why I don't follow the reasoning behind win more at that point with intuition.

Edit:
    Also taking into account my current list if I gifts with your piles and am given intuition and gifts I can no longer make either pile.
    Last edited by Weapon X; 10-04-2015 at 11:14 PM.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Jul 2013
    Rhode Island

Intuition for 2 Gifts and Emrakul--your opponent breaks it by giving you Emrakul. You cast her and win?

Gifts pile (Emrakul, Gifts, Intuition, any cantrip [lets say brainstorm]). Your opponent breaks it by giving you Intuition and Gifts. The Gifts you cast goes into your graveyard with Emrakul and cantrip, you shuffle. Now you have Intuition and Gifts in hand. The UB version would go Inutition for 2 Griselbrand and Emrakul. You either get Griselbrand or Emrakul--cast either one and win? With Griselbrand you can draw into Emrakul with his Yawgs Bargain and cantrips until you get Emrakul and then 22 them on your extra turn.

Your deck as it stands can't beat an active DRS, let alone 2.

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

As my deck stands it ignores a DRS right now. The only choke point being a reanimate Griselbrand gifts pile. Otherwise show and tell along side mentor beatdown could care less.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Thread Information