Thread: [Podcast] Level Up Legacy Episode 001 - The B&R List

[Podcast] Level Up Legacy Episode 001 - The B&R List

Hi everyone. We've started a brand new legacy podcast and we'd love if you checked it out.

https://soundcloud.com/leveluplegacy...-001-br-update

Topics covered:

Dig Banned 00:7
    Black Vise Unbanned 15:07
    Vancouver Mulligan implications 17:43
    BFZ Legacy implications 20:47
    Shardless BUG vs RUG Delver matchup breakdown 23:26
    Tech of the week: Bitterblossom in Shardless BUG 28:48
    Last edited by LevelUpLegacy; 10-05-2015 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Adding information about the podcast
    Check out our weekly podcast, every Thursday at LevelUpLegacy.com

Re: [Podcast] Level Up Legacy Episode 001 - The B&R List

The plus:
    I like the dynamic of the conversation. You guys seem to play off each other well.

The things to improve:
    Being it's episode 001, would be helpful if you guys open up with introduction of yourselves: the deck(s) you usually play, where you are based/living, the past accomplishments... etc. When you introduce a deck, a card, and a term into the conversation for the first time, explain the concept a bit more would go the long way. For example, term like Grixis is referring the color/clan/guild BRU, the deck dredge is abusing the mechanic.... You could just assume listeners are Legacy newbies.

I haven't listened yet, though I plan to try, but: introduce the podcast a little better. How long is it? What aspects of the format are you going to talk about? Why should anyone care what you think? (At the very least, tell us you've been playing/paying attention for a while, etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Nilla Pac View Post
    I've goldfished with Doomsday decks about twenty times and I still haven't won a game yet.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm very excited to take away as much information as possible from this process and improve the quality of the podcast going forward.

@twndomn We felt it important to prioritize on the banned and restricted list update since it's a topic that's important but will expire if we waited too long. You're definitely right however and we're planning on having a more general legacy philosophy episode for next week that will allow us to speak more on our respective backgrounds. Mike and I discussed whether or not we should assume we'd need to treat our listeners as Legacy newbies as you said but decided that would be boring for a majority of the people likely to listen. We'll definitely revisit the concept though and potentially change our format to accommodate it.

@anwei I definitely think you're right about having more information about the podcast in our posts. Mike and I had a few miscommunications this morning that unfortunately led to not having said info in the OP.

-Matt
    Check out our weekly podcast, every Thursday at LevelUpLegacy.com

Thread Information