Thread: Foils and legality

Foils and legality

So I just completed a deck but accidentally ordered two foil cards instead of non-foil. They'd be the only foil cards in my deck (two Knight of the Reliquary). They are (to my surprise) totally flat.

When do people generally call a judge to complain about certain cards only being foil in a deck? Am I at risk of a warning/game/match loss by only having two foils in my deck?

I read this article: http://www.channelfireball.com/artic...-and-cheating/
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

Re: Foils and legality

Quote Originally Posted by Octopusman View Post
    Am I at risk of a warning/game/match loss by only having two foils in my deck?
    No.

Foils are legal cards, and you will never get in trouble just for using legal cards.

Foils are at somewhat greater risk of becoming distinguishable (marked) than other cards, but that is up to you to watch out for - you will never be penalized just for playing with foils.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information