Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: [COMM] Commander 2015 Spoiler Discussion

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: [COMM] Commander 2015 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    But obviously they do because they banned both...?
    They took an entire year to ban DTT, although it was crystal clear that the card was busted immediately after the TC ban.

Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    I'm pretty sure their care level is just slightly above 'lets kill it.' Lets be honest here, its 2015 and they still print way more good blue cards than any other color, they only 'test' for a meta they think will exist a year down the road, and a limited environment, but still print things like pack rat. I think they've also established that they don't care about what is happening to prices, and that any actual reprint is probably just a happy accident that happens to alleviate prices. I expect nothing positive from current WOTC.
    Legacy isn't as well-supported as it used to be on MTGO, too.

As for the promo thing, you might be right. It took them 15 months to reprint another decent MOCS promo (GP Art Griselbrand). In the meantime, we got mediocre or downright terrible cards like a reprinted Vindicate (it uses the old art instead of the new Judge promo art) which still isn't worth more than 3$. All while Rishadan Port is now 175$ and the most expensive card on MTGO while the Judge promo variant rots in their database since January.

I look at this product and from an EDh perspective don't see any new legendaries that I'm keen on brewing with. From a Legacy perspective, still nothing I'm keen on using.

I'll just pretend this product didn't happen.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

I dunno, I'll grab a copy of Meren of Clan Nel Toth and fiddle with it in BUG pod nic fit and maybe some GSZ decks.
    Cockatrice: Bosque

Dec 2011
    Norway

Another (small thing): Melen of Clan Nel Toth plays well with Dryad Arbor (another card you're likely to play if you have Green Sun's Zenith in your deck): Dryad Arbor is a creature that has a casting cost of 0. Even if you don't have any experience counters, Meren will always return Dryad Arbor directly to the battlefield.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Unsurprisingly Mystic Confluence is preselling for the highest amount ($7.99). Karlov of the Ghost Council is 2nd at $4.99.
    Eldrazi Monument is the most valuable card in all 5 decks at $9.99.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Would mizzex mastery allows a player to pay additional costs such as replicate and multikicker as many times as they want?

so if mizzex master was cast on pyromatics you could instantly kill someone right?

117.8. Some spells and abilities have additional costs. An additional cost is a cost listed in a spell’s rules text, or applied to a spell or ability from another effect, that its controller must pay at the same time that player pays the spell’s mana cost or the ability’s activation cost. A cost is an additional cost only if it’s phrased using the word “additional.” Note that some additional costs are listed in keywords; see rule 702.

117.8a Any number of additional costs may be applied to a spell as it’s being cast or to an ability as it’s being activated. The controller of the spell or ability announces his or her intentions to pay any or all of those costs as described in rule 601.2b.
    Last edited by apple713; 11-09-2015 at 04:08 PM.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    Would mizzex mastery allows a player to pay additional costs such as replicate and multikicker as many times as they want?

so if mizzex master was cast on pyromatics you could instantly kill someone right?
    I don't believe so, but don't quote me on that
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post

Additional costs like that can be paid, but they're not part of the "mana cost of the spell" for effects like Mizzix's Mastery, so they cost mana.

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

To clarify further, Replicate is like Storm; A triggered ability. So you paid all the mana up front for the initial spell (via Mizzix) and then you got the trigger asking for 34-38 more mana to finish the job; which all are copies and all have to paid for in one go (the copies don't trigger more IIRC)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Additional costs like that can be paid, but they're not part of the "mana cost of the spell" for effects like Mizzix's Mastery, so they cost mana.

thanks

I found it

117.8d Additional costs don’t change a spell’s mana cost, only what its controller has to pay to cast it. Spells and abilities that ask for that spell’s mana cost still see the original value.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Just realized this:

Sword of War and Peace + Magus of the Wheel - swing with an equipped creature, put the trigger on the stack, activate Magus of the Wheel to ideally gain 7 and deal 7 extra damage. That's extremely brutal. If put on a double striker like Mirran Crusader, that's a total of 22 damage which should be an instagib against the vast majority of decks.

Even in the worst case scenario of fearing your opponent's newly drawn removal, you can do this:
    Swing, first strike 4 damage ---> trigger, deal damage depending on cards, 4 normal damage, trigger on stack, Magus in response, still deal ~5-7 extra damage. Even 15 damage for playing it save can still be extremely lethal.

Thread Information