Thread: [Podcast] Legacy Weapon Podcast is BACK!

[Podcast] Legacy Weapon Podcast is BACK!

The Legacy Weapon Podcast went on an unplanned 6 month hiatus early in its life, but it is BACK!

We decided, since we had been gone longer than we had initially existed, to reboot the show from episode one. Now we can fix some sound editing problems and be more topical (RIP Dig Through Time).

The goal of the show is still to introduce new players to the format (ie we explain in episode one what a non-rotating format is and episode two we explain what Force of Will is) but it should be a fun and helpful ride for experienced players too, especially as we ramp up the expertise and difficulty into deck techs, strategy, etc.

I welcome comments, questions, suggestions etc. Even more than reviews or listens, I would love it if you remember us for the next time anyone expresses an interest or curiosity in Legacy.

LINKS!

ITunes: https://t.co/gzL6YWQjXM

GatheringMagic.com: http://www.gatheringmagic.com/author/legacy-weapon/

RSS Feed: http://www.gatheringmagic.com/author...y-weapon/feed/
    Last edited by jamie7keller; 10-16-2015 at 01:22 PM. Reason: didn't title correctly

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Re: [Podcast] Legacy Weapon Podcast is BACK!

I listened. Basically fine, but your description of the differences between deck archetypes left me a bit puzzled and not impressed. I have never heard of the idea that the three nodes are aggro, midrange, and control. That shit is the result of wotc fucking standard up the ass with a "no combo" cattle prod. By describing the game in those terms you are not doing noobs any favors. They will not be prepared for how combo decks can make your jaw drop when they go in thinking that aggro-midrange-control is the basis of the game. It ain't. Not in Legacy. And also, aggro is defined by its redundancy more than any other facet of its strategy. No mention of that. Combo is faster, but built like a house of cards. Control is inevitable. And aggro is relentless.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Thanks for the feedback!

We wanted to start in terms that standard only players would understand, but you may be completely right that we went too far in that direction. We talked about combo, but perhaps not prominently enough. I'll make sure to keep that more explicit in the future. Rest assured that one of our first two deck techs is planned to be a combo deck. no promises on schedule, but it's the plan.

Yeah, aggro is largely redundancy if you mean pure aggro, like burn or even merfolk. But aggro (or decks that are aggro AND something else) are broader, at least in my mind. You may disagree but I think of delver as aggro/control. You could maybe say it's redundant, since it has lots of draw and lots of removal and lots of counters, but I wouldn't describe it as particularly "redundant". Maybe semantics.

We will explicitly talk about redundancy on merfolk, burn, and lots of other decks (mostly aggro) when we get to them. Hard to give each archetype the time it needs in the first, broad outline of the format.

Sincerely, I welcome all feedback especially as we try to decide what from our initial (poor sound quality) episodes to keep and what to improve on. It may be too basic for you for a while, but if you listen to more, either now when we are still doing intro or later when we are into more detailed and mature analysis, please hit me up with your thoughts.

Cheers!

It's fine.

The plus:
    The pacing is pretty relaxing. Some podcasts gets very excited and went over a topic rather quickly, your cast seems to go at its own pace. Some casts are going for the comedic entertainment value; you guys seem to be all business, which is fine.

The things to improve on:
    Sound quality, noise canceling would be nice.
    Direction, it's tempted to go on and on about things related to the original topic. You dappled a bit into the rock-paper-scissor theory, then you started on a budget/entry barrier issue. I assume you guys have index cards and/or show notes before the recording.

Thread Information