Thread: Sylvan Library and Life from the Loam

Jun 2014
    L.A., CA

Sylvan Library and Life from the Loam

Hey there, just wanted to see if I understand how Life from the Loam in the graveyard and Sylvan Library works.

- Draw step, I acknowledge the Library trigger.
    - I have the option to replace any of the three cards I would draw with a dredged Loam.
    - Since I don't actually "draw" Loam - it's a replacement effect, right? - I must keep it in my hand. I can then either place the other two cards I drew back on top of my library or pay 4 life for each one I'd like to keep.

Is that right?

Thanks!

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Re: Sylvan Library and Life from the Loam

If I am understanding your description, this is how it works, yes. You did not draw Loam, so you can not put it on top. Bonus: have three Loams in your graveyard and dredge up all three. Put zero back, lose zero life.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Re: Sylvan Library and Life from the Loam

Here's an older thread that should answer most questions about Sylvan Library. The information there is still accurate.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information