Thread: [Podcast] Everyday Eternal 41: GP Seattle Preparation

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

[Podcast] Everyday Eternal 41: GP Seattle Preparation

Link!

iTunes link
    Universal feed link
    Note: We are on our own site now, so you may need to update your podcast subscription!
    Weekend before last, we had a smattering of large legacy tournaments. With GP Seattle coming up this weekend, Sam Craven, Bob Huang, and Matt Pavlic analyze these results and make some predictions about what players should expect to see at the Grand Prix.

Time stamps:
    0:34 The results!
    3:12 Banning Dig Through Time seems to have resulted in increased deck diversity
    8:43 What we expect to see in Seattle
    12:39 Question from @cchauvet: What deck are you playing?
    21:33 Question from @cchauvet: What’s the one sideboard card you have to bring to Seattle?
    25:24 Question from Sean: Would you bring in Surgical Extraction against a Miracles deck that’s playing Snapcaster Mage?
    28:54 Question from Sean: Would you rather have Pithing Needle or Null Rod in your sideboard?
    31:11 Question from @Heads_O_R_Tails: Do we expect to see an up-tick in RUG Delver?
    34:32 Question from @r4wk5t4r: How will the regional metagame affect the meta in Seattle?
    38:17 Question from @JPLVector: Is OmniTell still tier 1?
    38:49 Question from @thisisallcrazy: How prevalent will lands be? Is it tier 1?

Links:
    GP Seattle Fact Sheet from WotC
    Grand Prix Seattle-Tacoma official website
    SCG St. Louis Decklists
    BIGMAGIC Legacy Decklists
    MKM Prague Legacy Decklists
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Re: [Podcast] Everyday Eternal 41: GP Seattle Preparation

Great podcast. One thing I'd like to point out about Surgical Extraction. If they have a Terminus or Entreat with the Miracle trigger on the stack and another already in the GY, you can surgical the one in the yard in response to the trigger. Which stops the trigger from happening, stopping it. I've only done this a couple of times but it sure feels good to "counter" it since I don't play blue.

Dec 2011
    USA

Re: [Podcast] Everyday Eternal 41: GP Seattle Preparation

Good luck to you all, it is interesting that this weekend is the same weekend, the only weekend out of the whole year, that I have to do real life stuff. But if it works out, I might be doing something different in my life next year. The interesting part being that I will have to start choosing between Magic & essentially, a "new job."

Again, best of luck to all in Seattle, I look forward to seeing the results at the end of it all! If anyone's playing High Tide, ya know someone's rooting for ya!
    Primary legacy deck High Tide primer

Thread Information