Thread: Card Kingdom to announce Legacy 1Ks

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Card Kingdom to announce Legacy 1Ks

At the 71-person Legacy weekly tournament at Card Kingdom a few hours ago, there was an announcement in reaction to Star City Games' announcement. Card Kingdom is planning to start Legacy 1Ks with the possibility of bigger things in the future, depending on turnout and community response. The events would probably be Seattle-area in the near-term. I don't have details, as those are still being worked out, and this is early in the planning stages. Those of you who are upset at Star City Games and want to take your business elsewhere, well, you can! Card Kingdom has a large online store, competitive prices, and great customer service. Eternal formats have strong support here, and I fully expect the Legacy GP this weekend to sell out.
    Last edited by ESG; 11-06-2015 at 12:44 AM.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Re: Card Kingdom to announce Legacy 1Ks

If anything, I really hopes it makes Dan not sell out. Even though I never met him, ever since reading his SCG Top8 report I feel he's one of the most amazing people in the game. We need more people like him; reproduce already!
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    If anything, I really hopes it makes Dan not sell out. Even though I never met him, ever since reading his SCG Top8 report I feel he's one of the most amazing people in the game. We need more people like him; reproduce already!
    +1

His reports are amazing. :)

Jan 2015
    Portland, OR

This is awesome news! If we can get one in Portland, and one in Seattle, the PNW will be covered!

Quote Originally Posted by Emrakul503 View Post
    This is awesome news! If we can get one in Portland, and one in Seattle, the PNW will be covered!
    Next year will be a testing period for TimeVaultGames running 1k &or 5k LEG/STD/MOD events in the NW for 2016 dates & locations TBD. Legacy will not die in the NW.

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

Yeah CK is stepping up. They are even talking about possibly running a tournament circuit along the PNW area. All of this stuff is in the "we just thought of this, let's see if we can make it happen" phase though. But it's all a good sign of things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    +1

His reports are amazing. :)
    I appreciate the kind words.

I'm 95% done with the game for reasons unrelated to SCG. That was just the thing that pushed me over the edge. I'm not trying to threadjack here, but I think I've just outgrown MTG. It was a fun ride. I'm glad the folks over at Card Kingdom are willing and able to keep Legacy going strong in our little corner of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

You are the global Legacy community's Peter Pan. Our Bastian Balthazar Bux. If you leave us, Fantasia dies

The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

I LOL'd.

Jan 2013
    Bend, OR

I am so glad 2 of these store in the PNW have stepped up and filled this void. I wish they would have done it sooner!

I'm super glad to see Card Kingdom stepping up in your area. Since star city made their announcement I've seen lots of LGS stepping up and beginning to make plans to fill those voids in different areas. Good to see the community still moving forward.

May 2011
    Dalian, China

This is excellent, I'm really excited to see these events happen.

Awesome news! Any city getting dual 50+ weeklies should have no trouble making money on these. In Atlanta just a few hours ago, a local store has stepped up with quarterly Legacies for 10ups of revised duals. With the weeklies feeding the quarterly with byes to encourage folks to come out to the locals.

https://www.facebook.com/events/916404678396209/

This is great news. I have always preferred CK to SCG anyhow. The mox is a great store with weekly legacy as well. I just hope they use a venue with good parking, Because parking is brutal at there Ballard store.

Can't wait for these to start otherwise. I really hope SCG takes a hit on sales over these choices. I miss weekly legacy coverage.

Jan 2014
    Portland

I am very excited to see Card Kingdom and Time Vault Games ready to keep these large tournament options in place. I look forward to playing both. Thank you guys so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

I live in NYC but this makes me very happy. Good for you PNW dudes.

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Card Kingdom is the best shop I have ever been to, and they certainly have the capacity to run more ambitious events if they can convince ownership to take this on. Having an extra evening to play a weekly at Card Kingdom means more to mean than qualifying for anything like a Pro Tour or an Invitational would, so the fact that they might be running more regular events on weekends has me absolutely ecstatic. Regular events held at Card Kingdom or their sister store in MBH would more than fill the void left by SCG. Traveling to Ballard or Bellevue into a nice store with an associated cafe is much more pleasant than stumbling your way into Lynnwood, Tacoma, Portland, Las Vegas or wherever the hell SCG would move the Seattle event to next and stumbling around for 20 minutes so you could spend $15 minutes to park. Waking up at 11 am for a noon event (or thereabouts) is much more pleasant than waking up at 5 am to drive your way to a 9 am event, or even worse, having to get a hotel the night before. And the local community here is really awesome!

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

Oh I'll stay friends with these nubs. But it will be a friendship wrought with ultimatums and unreasonable demands. So nothing out of the ordinary. Also, last I heard, the first CK 1K will happen sometime in December.

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    Oh I'll stay friends with these nubs. But it will be a friendship wrought with ultimatums and unreasonable demands. So nothing out of the ordinary. Also, last I heard, the first CK 1K will happen sometime in December.
    Have fun getting bounced by Stampeding Wildebeests instead of Wirewood Symbiotes.

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthepit View Post
    Have fun getting bounced by Stampeding Wildebeests instead of Wirewood Symbiotes.
    Lemme borrow your Elves deck sometime booboo.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

The first 1K event is coming up soon. See the post in the Legacy Tournament Announcements and Results thread or the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1074314219279925/

Thread Information