Thread: Reasons to love a particular magic format (and especially legacy)

Reasons to love a particular magic format (and especially legacy)

Hello everyone. My name is Peer Oke Richelsen and together with our team #Bordifies we started our own blog featuring magic related articles. We will be introducing some of the best decks of the current legacy meta game, give reasons to play the recommended deck, talk about decklists, card choices and more.

In this article I tried my best to explain how I got involved in the game and why exactly I only play legacy for most of the time.

Go to article: https://bordifies.com/articles/reasons-to-love-a-particular-magic-format-and-especially-legacy/

At the very end of the article you can vote in the article-related Straw Poll by answering the question:
    I only play a particular magic format, because..
    Vote now: http://strawpoll.me/5894282/

Reminder: This is my first "non-tournament, non-deck review" article and I tried my best to be not to superficial.

Kind regards, looking forward for your feedback.

P.S: If you’re interested in writing articles for Team #Bordifies contact us here.

Re: Reasons to love a particular magic format (and especially legacy)

Would be nice if there was an option like:

I play legacy because I can't afford to keep up with Standard.

or

I play legacy because I like a deep format with as many archtypes as possible.

To be honest none of the options really apply to me as I only play legacy. They seem to assume that if you only play one format it is standard.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Re: Reasons to love a particular magic format (and especially legacy)

Quote Originally Posted by Tantarus View Post
    Would be nice if there was an option like:

I play legacy because I can't afford to keep up with Standard.

or

I play legacy because I like a deep format with as many archtypes as possible.

To be honest none of the options really apply to me as I only play legacy. They seem to assume that if you only play one format it is standard.
    Seconded on both of your points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Thread Information