Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SCD] Goblin Dark-Dweller

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: [SCD] Goblin Dark-Dweller

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I think the trigger goes on the stack before SnT finishes resolving, so you'd need a second one in the graveyard for that to work.
    No, it triggers while S&T is resolving, but it doesn't go on the stack until someone has priority, at which point S&T is already in the yard.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    No, it triggers while S&T is resolving, but it doesn't go on the stack until someone has priority, at which point S&T is already in the yard.
    Yeah, I got it confused with stuff like Epic Experiment where one spell is cast while another is resolving.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I think the trigger goes on the stack before SnT finishes resolving, so you'd need a second one in the graveyard for that to work.
    It can't go on the stack during resolution.

1. I cast Show and Tell.
    2. Show and Tell resolves.
    3. During resolution, we put our permanents on the board.
    4. Gobbo's trigger happens, and so it wants to put its ability on the stack. It cannot yet because no one has priority.
    5. Show and Tell finishes resolving and goes into the graveyard.
    6. All ETB triggers (including Gobbos) now go on the stack in ANAP order.

So yeah, you can do your Show and Tell trick.

Honestly, though, I think this dork is best seen as another 5-cc bomb Goblin the likes of which we haven't seen since Seige-Gang Commander. This card isn't good just because it's a 5-drop Tiago, and it's not good as a SnT target. If it's good, it's because it gives Lackey (and his mentally challenged brother from Zendikar) something else bomby to do.

EDIT: Imagine this line:
    t1: Lackey
    t2: Night's Whisper, swing with Lackey, Put Dark-Dwellers out, Recast Whisper

Replace Whisper with Hymn to Torach, Boros Charm, or whatever for similar silliness.

You: I Hymn you twice and have a 4/4 on Turn 2.
    Opp: I am going to lose this game.

And, on top of that, during the late game this guy does not suck to cast.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumC View Post
    Imagine this line:
    t1: Lackey
    t2: Night's Whisper, swing with Lackey, Put Dark-Dwellers out, Recast Whisper
    Except that will never happen because no Goblins pilot will dilute their deck with those non-goblin cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Except that will never happen because no Goblins pilot will dilute their deck with those non-goblin cards.
    Eh, I dunno, I had this fun Goblins Grixis deck I ran in Vintage once. An aggro core of Warchief, Lackey, Tinkerer, Welder, and Prowl with good grixis control cards. Why can't you dip into black like Modern does?

Gobbos (22)
    4x Goblin Lackey
    4x Goblin Warchief
    4x Goblin Piledriver
    4x Goblin Matron
    3x Earwig Squad
    3x Goblin Dark-Dwellers
    Awesome Stuff (17)
    4x Hymn to Torach
    4x Thoughtseize
    4x Warren Weirding
    4x Ancestral Visions
    1x Tarfire
    Manas (21)
    4x Scalding Tarn
    4x Bloodstained Mire
    2x Volcanic Island
    4x Badlands
    4x Mountain
    1x Swamp

Give up Wasteland/Port for discard, removal, and card draw awesomesauce? Is it crap? MAYBE!

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

FYI, I tried playtesting that cascade deck I posted a little while ago. . . it's not great but when it worked . . . man it was ridiculous. You haven't lived till you cast Ancesteral Visions three turns in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    FYI, I tried playtesting that cascade deck I posted a little while ago. . . it's not great but when it worked . . . man it was ridiculous. You haven't lived till you cast Ancesteral Visions three turns in a row.
    I want to see the self-mill / reanimator deck that chains Breaking // Enterings and Ghostly Flickers with this guy.

Thread Information