Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OGW leaks & massive Judge suspensions

Re: OGW leaks & massive Judge suspensions

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Honest question: How many people do actually read the spoiler articles? I either go to a summary site or I skim over it to look for the card image without reading the rest. All while Adblock is enabled. Sure makes a difference for their hype engine/ad revenue.
    I'm a pretty atypical player (or so I think), but I do not read any spoiler articles (dribel), much less their (wotc) fantasy fiction which is absolutely appalling. I also do not check any websites, just check the MTG salvation header where they conveniently have all the spoiled cards. And because I would not touch Standard with a long pole, I don't give a toss about how new cards integrate into the standard environment which what most spoiler articles seem to be about.

*rant below*

In fact, most articles on MtG suffer from the same issue, for every good one, you have 99 (if not more) crap ones. Most of the guys writing them seem to need to write regular pieces and they suffer from the classic 'what is there more to write about?' syndrome. One of the best recent examples I've seen is this article:

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/articl...r=Craig+Wescoe

Adds crap all over the 1345885 articles previously wrote on this, makes dodgy groupings of decks, provides nothing new.

Even if you're writing on world news for a newspaper you struggle with this syndrome, much more if you're writing on a flipping card game in competition with 345768 other online writers.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    What is the reasoning behind letting judges know of cards before they are announced? How does that benefit WotC? Do the judges provide some form of useful feedback? I'm under the impression these cards are already printed and in packs by the time they are being leaked to the public at large.
    Exactly. This is the next coming of the New Phyrexia godbook spoiling except that WotC gave it to judges instead of a writer (and world champion). So they lied then they said they stop the practice of handing out these advanced info. Even more ridiculous, that they shit on the playerbase with their hate-article in regards to spoilers, but now they shit on the volunteers who keep the game running as well, simply because these fucktards hand out the info to start the shit themselves.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    ... I also do not check any websites, just check the MTG salvation header where they conveniently have all the spoiled cards. ...
    The only real annoyance with that approach is that sometimes cards end up on in a discussion (and without rules text) before they're at the salvation spoiler.

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Exactly. This is the next coming of the New Phyrexia godbook spoiling except that WotC gave it to judges instead of a writer (and world champion). So they lied then they said they stop the practice of handing out these advanced info. Even more ridiculous, that they shit on the playerbase with their hate-article in regards to spoilers, but now they shit on the volunteers who keep the game running as well, simply because these fucktards hand out the info to start the shit themselves.
    No, judges do not get spoilers in advance. This is not a godbook scenerio, this is someone from WotC leaking info.
    Matt Bevenour in real life

Yeah, I think we've reached the end of productive discussion here.

The Source: Your Source for Reflexive Rants About Why Wizards of the Coast Is Literally the Worst Company on Earth

Thread Information