Thread: Which criteria should be fulfill by New Legacy Deck to be worth testing

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: Which criteria should be fulfill by New Legacy Deck to be worth testing

As it has been explained to me what you need is:

A good primer.
    Proof of testing, a write up of the testing and matches
    The deck must have reached a point where you are sure that the decks development is complete and tweaking is all that is left to do.

Once this has been done you PM one of the Mod team and it gets moved if it's in a ready state.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Looking at what Fatal's doing, it would seem one could take a systems engineering kind of approach.

This would start with the most accomplished deckbuilders working together to write a System Requirement Specification - a formal document which outlines the requirements a deck that could be perceived as competitive should be able to fulfill. This SRS then would get stickied in the new deck section as a guide for aspiring deckbuilders. The SRS could also contain a list of deliverables that need to be present in a new thread. This would also give deckbuilders the possibility of pointing out which card or combination of cards tends to what requirement and so on, which would make discussing a new deck a lot easier and smoother.

Great, Magic just turned into another day at the office. OMG, lol.
    Historically there have been numerous decks which became successful without undergoing this process. Tell me do guys like Gerry Thompson or Caleb Durward who design decks for a living even follow a certain SRS?

Give me a list of these 'most accomplished' deckbuilders that would give two shits about protocols. Aside from emidln, Hollywood, and Lejay who consistently put fresh ideas on the table, I can think of no one else.

When Dream Halls, Time Spiral, and Worldgorger Dragon were unbanned, and when Emrakul and Mizzix's Mastery were spoiled nobody here at TheSource had a fucjing clue what they were doing, and they call themselves deckbuilders.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSettler View Post
    Jesus H Cardsheet died for your NFC sins.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by death View Post
    Give me a list of these 'most accomplished' deckbuilders that would give two shits about protocols. Aside from emidln, Hollywood, and Lejay who consistently put fresh ideas on the table, I can think of no one else.
    They don't have to give a shit about protocols for protocols to have significance. Also, the fact that it isn't being done does not mean that it cannot or should not be done. With that kind of thinking there wouldn't be a DTB-section - someone had to be the first to combine SDT, CB & Terminus for instance. It's also not supposed to be some holy grail but rather another helpful tool for deckbuilding.

I guess SE & requirements management aren't for everyone.
    Last edited by Echelon; 01-04-2016 at 06:53 AM.

Thread Information