Thread: Legacy mtgo Swiss - weekly magic online tournament - (Thursday 1/14)

Legacy mtgo Swiss - weekly magic online tournament - (Thursday 1/28)

This recurring tournament is an attempt at a player run event that aims to provide an alternative to the typical structure of official Legacy events on mtgo. There will be a number of rounds based on attendance, 3 @ less than or eight players, 4 @ nine to sixteen players, and 5 @ seventeen to thirty-two players.

Hosted by: No_Outs @ mtgo
    Co-host: mikedevoe @ mtgo

Time -->
    Upcoming events are as follow:

Thursday (1/28) - 6:30pm EST
    Thursday (2/4) - 7:30pm EST
    Thursday (2/11) - 7:30pm EST
    Thursday (2/18) - 7:30pm EST

Location -->
    Games will be played in the mtgo Constructed Open Play > Getting Serious room. Pairings will be handled through gatherling.com

Register via gatherling.com, see the bottom of this post for more detailed registration information. Click the "CHAT \/" tab --> "Join/New Chat Session...", and type #legacyswiss in the text field. Click the button to the right to enter the room. Any issues, message the tournament organizer for assistance. Players are asked to have this room open, as pairings and other announcements will be made here.

When registering, please submit a copy of your deck list on gatherling.com for later publication, they will not be viewed prior to the conclusion of the event.

Cost -->
    This is a free event, with no stakes or cost of any kind to play. After the final round has been played, final standings and deck lists will be available.

( Sponsorship for Legacy mtgo Swiss is still pending, so we'll just be playing for fun initially. The better attended these events are, the easier it will be to secure prizes for future events! )

ties are broken via standard tie breakers // intentional draws not allowed

Information -->
    > Your deck must remain consistent between all rounds.

> Games must be set as Legacy, 25 minutes, watchable, best 2 of 3.

> First paired player creates game table. Ten minutes are provided to allow time to create and join games. Please message the tournament organizer if you're having trouble starting your game.

> Kibitzing other players matches is not allowed.

> Results should be reported in the legacyswiss room on mtgo.

Suggestions for improvement warmly welcomed.

Our next event is quickly approaching on Thursday (1/28) - 6:30pm EST. If you intend to participate, please create an account at gatherling.com and register for Legacy MTGO Swiss 1.04. So that the event can start in a timely manner, registration closes 30 minuets prior to the start of play.

Players without a legal deck list registered at gatherling.com will be dropped before the start of the first round of play.

Players not present on mtgo at the starting time of the event will be dropped before the start of the first round of play.

Please be present in the legacyswiss room on mtgo, however I will also make an attempt to contact you on the client privately to make certain you are not experiencing technical difficulties.

In the event you don't understand any of the instructions for registration, or have any other issues or questions, don't hesitate to contact me via PM, or message No_Outs @ mtgo.
    Last edited by Dice_Box; 01-25-2016 at 11:08 PM.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Re: Legacy mtgo Swiss - weekly magic online tournament - (Thursday 1/7)

This is cool; unfortunately my LGS does Legacy Thursday nights as well.

Sounds like a fun idea, I plan on being in for this week. Future dates will depend on how soon I can get out of work since 5:30 central time is cutting it close for me.

This is just a friendly reminder that our first event starts in about 40 minuets. We're online now in MTGO #legacyswiss with 8 players signed up already! If you're around, why not come join the fun this evening?

If you'd like to play but are having any difficulties, PM No_Outs either here, or on MTGO.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Outs View Post
    This is just a friendly reminder that our first event starts in about 40 minuets. We're online now in MTGO #legacyswiss with 8 players signed up already! If you're around, why not come join the fun this evening?

If you'd like to play but are having any difficulties, PM No_Outs either here, or on MTGO.
    Great initiative! I'll join the next one. You can add me (Truckis) on mtgo.

Legacy mtgo Swiss - (Thursday 1/7)

Congratulations to Negator77 on Hex Depths, finishing first with a record of 4-0.

The top four winners appear below:
    1st Hex Depths by Negator77
    2nd Lands by No_Outs
    3rd Esper Stoneblade by seaandrhythm
    4th Shardless BUG by mikedevoe

...full event details and lists...

Please join us next time, Thursday (1/14) - 6:30pm EST, create an account at gatherling.com and register for Legacy MTGO Swiss 1.02.

Summon Legend
    Oct 2009
    Lisbon, Portugal

Re: Legacy mtgo Swiss - weekly magic online tournament - (Thursday 1/14)

Hey!

Thinking in joining the tournament's, any problem in playing in a Budget on MTGO? Only accept Tier 1 decks?

Cheers
    Currently Playing

[Legacy]
    - Now You Can See Me

[Pauper]
    - Poor Burn
    - Bughhhhhhh
    - Slivers

"Yes, I think 'toast' is an appropriate description!"

Dec 2015
    Bensalem, PA

Quote Originally Posted by SNight View Post
    Hey!

Thinking in joining the tournament's, any problem in playing in a Budget on MTGO? Only accept Tier 1 decks?

Cheers
    I doubt that is an issue.... Pretty sure the vintage version awards a prize for the highest placing budget deck.

^^ Budget decks are most certainly welcome. Once a sponsor is secured for this event, there's a good possibility we work to crate some sort of budget prize as well!

Summon Legend
    Oct 2009
    Lisbon, Portugal

Thanks for the answers! :)

Will be preparing my things for being able to join you guys on the next one!

Cheers
    Currently Playing

[Legacy]
    - Now You Can See Me

[Pauper]
    - Poor Burn
    - Bughhhhhhh
    - Slivers

"Yes, I think 'toast' is an appropriate description!"

Legacy mtgo Swiss - (Thursday 1/14)

Congratulations to No_Outs on Lands, finishing first with a record of 4-0.

1st Lands by No_Outs
    2nd Shardless BUG by seaandrhythm
    3rd Esper Stoneblade by pkengen25
    4th Miracles by mikedevoe

Legacy mtgo Swiss - (Thursday 1/21)

Congratulations to Negator77 on Hex Depths, finishing first with a record of 4-0.

1st Hex Depths by Negator77
    2nd Goblins by Rakura
    3rd Shardless BUG by mikedevoe
    4th Dredge by slagel79

Please join us next time, Thursday (1/28) - 6:30pm EST, create an account at gatherling.com and register for Legacy MTGO Swiss 1.04.

Any way we could do these tournaments on Monday or Tuesday? Wednesday through Sunday, there are already dailies close to the same time.

Re: Legacy mtgo Swiss - weekly magic online tournament

Hi all,

I am a big fan of legacy, it is my favourite format of all.

Robin and I joined the queue today, but there were no others who joined.

I will try to encourage my friends to join us, although until there is prize support (even if small), I think it will be hard to convince them to come, because it involves being ready at a particular time. I doubt that anyone will set an alarm clock if the event has no prize support.

I will do my part by trying to encourage others to join.

Cheers,
    Michelle

Dec 2015
    Bensalem, PA

Re: Legacy mtgo Swiss - weekly magic online tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle_Wong View Post
    Hi all,

I am a big fan of legacy, it is my favourite format of all.

Robin and I joined the queue today, but there were no others who joined.

I will try to encourage my friends to join us, although until there is prize support (even if small), I think it will be hard to convince them to come, because it involves being ready at a particular time. I doubt that anyone will set an alarm clock if the event has no prize support.

I will do my part by trying to encourage others to join.

Cheers,
    Michelle
    Its a catch 22. They can't get sponsors unless they show they have a good/steady amount of players.... but have a hard time getting players without prizes.

I played in a bunch of these a while back, but have had conflicts come up constantly the past month or two on Thursday nights. It was always a good time and I'll play whenever I get the chance going forward.

Kindly noted, Negator77.

Thread Information