Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selling out - Which deck to keep?

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Re: Selling out - Which deck to keep?

Quote Originally Posted by Zupponn View Post
    I have no idea where that $840 price comes from.
    June 30th, 2011
    source

That's still a low valuation according to mtggoldfish ($1265.40 for Unlimited, 6/30/11).

Re: Selling out - Which deck to keep?

If you enjoy playing ANT, you should keep that. It's a self-contained combo deck that isn't going to need any significant updates over time, it doesn't require you to keep track of every small meta change, and it's not as likely as Miracles to get hit by a ban or warp over time. Also, your Miracles skills aren't going to get better if you barely ever get to play Legacy.

I read somewhere that a combo deck is a good choice for someone who only plays Legacy once every now and then. I think there's something to it. I'm not at all saying that combo decks are inherently easy (and definitely not storm decks), but you mostly just care about the cards your opponent might have that can stop your combo, while as a Miracles player you probably want to know every single small thing about your opponent's 75. I think Miracles is a good deck for someone that plays often and puts a lot of effort into it. Keeping track of the top decks over time sounds like a bigger engagement than you're interested in.

However: If you think you'll ever fall in love with the game all over again, Miracles should be a good deck to take out and go all-in on. So many people think they're done with the game, only to get sucked back in a few years later. If that happens, playing only ANT might not be fulfilling over time. So I guess the real question is if you want to keep that door open, or if you're confident that you'll be content with having a deck to break out a few times a year and that's that. Because that deck sounds like ANT to me.

Thread Information