Thread: Casual Deck Animar + Elves+ Eldrazi

Apr 2014
    Council Bluffs Ia

Casual Deck Animar + Elves+ Eldrazi

I have an Nath Deck that I am taking apart and had the idea to take all the green elves, and the eldrazi(Emrakul, Ulamog both versions, and some lesser Eldrazi and build into Animar to take advantage of the creature spell reduction cost from Animar to power out Eldrazi early. Does anyone have any thoughts? I would use the R/U for counter and burn spells.

I will post a deck list once I get it built, but any input on (budget is low to non-existent) inclusions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by MarineRaider; 01-08-2016 at 12:50 PM.

May 2011
    Albany, NY

Re: Casual Deck Animar + Elves+ Eldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by MarineRaider View Post
    I have an Nath Deck that I am taking apart and had the idea to take all the green elves, and the eldrazi(Emrakul, Ulamog both versions, and some lesser Eldrazi and build into Animar to take advantage of the creature spell reduction cost from Animar to power out Eldrazi early. Does anyone have any thoughts? I would use the R/U for counter and burn spells.

I will post a deck list once I get it built, but any input on (budget is low to non-existent) inclusions would be appreciated.
    Well for starters, Emrakul is banned in multiplayer...so unless your group is cool with you running it she'll have to sit this one out.

Otherwise, Animar is a fairly popular general...so a quick search should get you some decks to look at. You'll obviously want to tend toward creatures wherever possible to keep the counters flowing onto Animar.

Apr 2014
    Council Bluffs Ia

Re: Casual Deck Animar + Elves+ Eldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by Davran View Post
    Well for starters, Emrakul is banned in multiplayer...so unless your group is cool with you running it she'll have to sit this one out.

Otherwise, Animar is a fairly popular general...so a quick search should get you some decks to look at. You'll obviously want to tend toward creatures wherever possible to keep the counters flowing onto Animar.

Yeah it is only casual and we don't use the banned list :-) That is why I was thinking elves-generate more mana and lower casting costs for the creatures themselves.

Thanks

Thread Information