Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243 LastLast

Thread: [DECK] Eldrazi Stompy

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: [DECK] Eldrazi Stompy

I'll test the list posted above (except with 3 Factories instead of Wastelands - for budget reasons and because I'm intrigued by the Factory + equipment plan). What I do like about SFM SB package so far is that you can customize alot of match-ups in an actual helpful manner.

I do wonder what equipment configurations I should run for certain match-ups. Keep in mind, my 75 have Jitte, SoFaI, SoWaP & SoFaF each. My thoughts so far:

Miracles:
    SoFaI, SoWaP

Eldrazi:
    Jitte, maybe something else

Grixis Delver:
    Jitte, SoFaI, maybe SoWaP?

Shardless BUG:
    SoFaF, SoFaI (?), Jitte (?)

Storm:
    SoFaI, SoWaP

Elves:
    Jitte, SoFaF, maybe something else?

BUG Delver:
    SoFaF, SoFaI (?), Jitte (?)

Sneak & Show:
    If anything, SoFaI, maybe SoWaP for a fast clock

D&T:
    Jitte, SoWaP, maybe SoFaI

Lands:
    ???

Dredge:
    Jitte (?), SoFaF for ignoring Zombie tokens (maybe due to being also an discard outlet for them, but from what I've seen so far, they don't like it)

Burn:
    Jitte, SoFaI, SoWaP

Infect:
    Jitte, maybe SoFaF?

Reanimator:
    If anything, SoFaI/SoWaP for clock

I'd appreciate feedback regarding the equipment boarding strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    in a deck were you can play Conduit of Ruin/Eye of Ugin into Emrakul you have mana that you complain of?

if you get to 13 mana quickly, cast immediatly your Emrakul through Conduit or Eye of Ugin.

I'd go for the 12 post mana base with 4 Conduit of Ruin and no Eyes

You lose explosivity, yes. Be bigger on the lock cards. 4 CotV 3 Thorns 3 Trinisphere MD

you can chain a turn 3 Conduit into a turn 4 Kozilek 1.0 or Ulamog 2.0..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    That sounds like it's own deck. If it is going to be a thing, it would be something that exists alongside this build not replacing it.
    Yes it is it's own deck, and a rather powerful one at that. Here is the thread for that deck... http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...o-Feat-10-Post

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

It's not quite what he is looking for. His claim is that Temple and Eye are wasted space in an Eldrazi deck, a claim that is in a word, idiotic.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

My opinion is that the most important cards of this deck are the lock pieces: Chalice, 3sphere, Thorn.

If you have a stellar turn 1 and 2 with lock pieces, normally you can win with a TKS and nothing else.
    If you don't see a lock piece, normally you lose also with 4 creatures because the opponent can dig to Bridge/Moon or Terminus.

Neither Temple or Eye allow you to cast lock pieces so, yes, my first choice is the post-mana.

This said: this deck needs 25 lands, so after the first 10 posts, you have to add the 6 Sol Lands and Cavern of Souls, and, then, as a residual choice, Eye and Temple.

I have to play them because they are necessary, but, to me, they are a third choice.

Also, I much prefer Ugin over All is Dust, and for obvious reason. That's also a win condition under Bridge.

Without Ugin or Karn how do you get out of a Meddling Mage on Ulamog and Bridge on the field? Really. All your removal is confined to "anticolor" removals.

How do we win against a Forcefield or a Bridge? Just Ulamog? Planeswalkers give you a new attack angle. It's just too easy to block a deck if he is focused on just 1 strategy.

Mar 2007

3-0 in Leagues so far with my new "Xenoblade" list from page 41

The SB Swords were especially helpful G2 and G3 after losing rather uneventfully to a mull to 5 into T1 Thoughtseize. The Swords really shined G3 where I had to weather a hail of removal (4 StPs + 1 Council's Judgment) since everything (including my SFMs and Factory) became must-answer threats.

I'll investigate this list further, as I might be on to something here.

that's exactly what I'm talking about. He untaps, Ensaring Bridge, and do you shake your hands?

Ugin and Karn give you an answear to that as well as card advantage in a neutral case

Additionally, post mana base helps you to cast efficiently all the equipments and Revokers while you can't with Temple, Eye of Ugin, Wasteland, Factories, ecc.

In the end I am suggesting 10 post mana base in place of 4 Wastelands, 3 Factories, and some Canopies, Karakas or whatever fancy you're playing.

I keep my 4 Eldrazi Temple and 3 Eyes

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Fish Dies to Moat and Bridge, people stop playing Fish. DnT hurts when you cast Dread of night so it is time to stop playing DnT. Elves hurts badly if someone drops Night of Souls' Betrayal, time to stop playing that too. Oh and AnT has a rough time with Chalice, time to stop playing Ant. Oh oh and while we are at it, Lands almost folds to Moon, let's stop playing Lands.

Everyone, Fish, DnT, Elves, AnT and Lands suck because there are answers to these decks, stop playing these decks, they are shit now.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    He untaps, Ensaring Bridge, and do you shake your hands?
    Or I just cast an uncounterable World Breaker and laugh at his misery.

While I do agree that the colorless version, while effective, is pretty easy to counter, I don't think that the very expensive Planeswalkers are the correct answer. Since you can't tutor for your Cloudposts due to running Chalice, you're at the mercy of random draws while also having to deal with random hiccups from ETB tapped lands. If it works, it's great, but when it doesn't, not so much.

May 2015
    PDX

It's not quite what he is looking for. His claim is that Temple and Eye are wasted space in an Eldrazi deck, a claim that is in a word, idiotic.
    The argument is certainly valid as it pertains to Temple, but it requires a deckbuilding shift away from any mimics in deck. The whole point here would be to have half [literally] of your land base able to make 2mana on turn one, and ~16-18 plays at 2 mana [lock pieces]. Followup being metamorphs, crucible, TKS (and maybe lodestone...maybe), then the bigger guys with eye tutoring (some copies of smasher, endbringer, and a 1x ulamog).
    There's two ways to go with colorless Eldrazi; either you're powering up a modern deck (going for the mimic smasher alpha strike) or you're more ideologically similar to other Eye inevitability decks [like 12-post] except that you get there by opening more like a Shops deck.

@poron chalice, thorn, and thorn [aka metamorph]. Trinisphere is pretty suspect in eldrazi, you're going to get wasted under it giving opponents time to stabilize. You should not need 3-ball on top of all the other hate to beat storm. The deck you are talking about isn't eldrazi, it's classic MUD with TKS added (and it's a good addition). The two approaches to eldrazi outlined above try to do very different things than MUD, and that plan does not include playing lands that come in tapped, especially since they generally incorporate Winter Orb.

Mar 2007

And I finished the league 5-0 - not too shabby for the first run of my new list.

R1: Storm (no idea if ANT or TES, didn't see enough, probably ANT) - got wrecked by my lock pieces
    R2: Infect - Displacer MVP
    R3: Esper Stoneblade - MVP: Stoneforge equipment plan post-board
    R4: Aggro Eldrazi - MVP - Displacer: Killed 2 Endless One G1 and won me G3 thanks to the combo with Priest
    R5: Bantblade - MVP - Chalice + Displacer/Priest: This match-up was nothing short of a nightmare - Wasteland, SFM, KotR, TNN, you name it. Still pulled through thanks to T1 Chalice with Priest + Displacer combo follow-up G2 and G3

Overall, I'm very pleased with my new list since it still contains all the high impact white cards that I loved in my original GW build, but also has more speed due to Petals, City & Mimic. The post-board Stoneforge plan is definitely something I'll keep testing as it looks very promising due its high impact and amount of customization. The amount of white mana I run seems stable enough.

One thing I noticed is that the Esper & Bant Stoneblade and the Eldrazi match were all decisively decided by white SB cards.

Before people ask, here's the list again:

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    2 City of Traitors
    2 Eye of Ugin
    3 Mishra's Factory
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Brushland
    2 Karakas

4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Eldrazi Displacer
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    1 Conduit of Ruin
    2 World Breaker

2 Mox Diamond
    3 Lotus Petal
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Thorn of Amethyst
    3 Dismember
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

Sideboard:
    2 All Is Dust
    3 Rest in Peace
    3 Containment Priest
    1 Karakas
    1 Dismember
    2 Stoneforge Mystic
    1 Sword of Feast and Famine
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Sword of War and Peace

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Overall, I'm very pleased with my new list since it still contains all the high impact white cards that I loved in my original GW build, but also has more speed due to Petals, City & Mimic. The post-board Stoneforge plan is definitely something I'll keep testing as it looks very promising due its high impact and amount of customization. The amount of white mana I run seems stable enough.
    Out of curiosity, is the equipment plan really helping against non-SFM decks? If not, you may consider saving slots and just copying their SFMs with Metamorphs?

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Out of curiosity, is the equipment plan really helping against non-SFM decks?
    I do think so, although it's debatable which equipment is necessary against which deck (see my post on top of the page). I won't be able to do extensive testing before next week, but my theory behind the whole SFM plan is adaption against any colored strategy via the Swords. Thus, Metamorph doesn't really fit into this plan.

First post ever so here we go.

Haven’t been playing legacy for more than bit over a month now (limit has been my thing). Got excited about constructed Magic in general after playing in a local modern tournament a while ago. So now playing 95% modo preparing for GP Prague.

Had a lot of success with mono color Eldrazi for some time and after it started feeling not a great choice (at least for me) I started tinkering with GR version (still need to test W(x) version).

My current build is below. I’ve been doing quite well with it (several 4-1) but 5-0 has eluded me still. I feel like it has potential but thought more experienced players could give some feedback perhaps. I’ll write my own analysis and experiences then.

4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Endless One
    1 Endbringer
    1 World Breaker
    2 Phyrexian Metamorph

4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Trinisphere
    3 Mox Diamond

2 Warping Wail
    2 Dismember
    2 Punishing Fire

4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cavern of Souls
    3 City of Traitors
    3 Wasteland
    4 Grove of the Burnwillows

4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Krosan Grip
    2 Kozilek’s Return
    1 Dismember
    1 Warping Wail
    2 Pithing Needle
    3 Sphere of Resistance

As a few guys in here mentioned, I think to build a adequite SB is a really tricky.
    What really sucks are Goyfs, Anglers, Knights, flipped delvers .... I really would love to play Toxic deluge. But how to realize the needed mana. What about playing 2 Urborg and 1 Bojuka Bog main and another 1-2 Bojuka Bog in the SB.
    This way we got enough black sources and additionally hate against Goyf (Bojuka bog) and Reanimator/Dredge ...
    I think playing black gives us new possibilities.
    - dismember becomes less harmful
    - Toxic deluge is playable (fantastic against a lot of decks)
    - infest (against elves or Dnt) => the 2 black could be a problem though
    - perish (against Maverick and Elves) => maybe not good enough in the current meta

Mana Base: 25-26 Lands
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 Cities
    3 Wastelands
    4 Cavern of souls
    2 Urborg
    1 Bojuka Bog
    3-4 Eye of Ugin

would appreciate comments. thanks

Jul 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by josch6083 View Post
    As a few guys in here mentioned, I think to build a adequite SB is a really tricky.
    What really sucks are Goyfs, Anglers, Knights, flipped delvers .... I really would love to play Toxic deluge. But how to realize the needed mana. What about playing 2 Urborg and 1 Bojuka Bog main and another 1-2 Bojuka Bog in the SB.
    This way we got enough black sources and additionally hate against Goyf (Bojuka bog) and Reanimator/Dredge ...
    I think playing black gives us new possibilities.
    - dismember becomes less harmful
    - Toxic deluge is playable (fantastic against a lot of decks)
    - infest (against elves or Dnt) => the 2 black could be a problem though
    - perish (against Maverick and Elves) => maybe not good enough in the current meta

Mana Base: 25-26 Lands
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 Cities
    3 Wastelands
    4 Cavern of souls
    2 Urborg
    1 Bojuka Bog
    3-4 Eye of Ugin

would appreciate comments. thanks
    Currently i tinker with a Junk-Build: gbW-Devoid with Displacer, Bearer and World Breaker (and Dismember etc.) looks solid so far and addresses a wide range of problematic creatures from Mirror-Stuff, Gofy, Angler, Knights, TNN to BigOnes like Emrakul or Marit Lage.

Barook and i already mentioned, that it isn't easy to include Non-Eldrazi cards with a color. 2 Urborg and 1 Bojuka Bog is not enough to support cards like Toxic Deluge, unless you are really lucky.
    For reference:
    http://www.channelfireball.com/artic...t-your-spells/
    http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...ase-2014-11-24 (little more casual from Wizards^^)

If we only talk about Devoid-Spells, Corrupted Crossroads is an option (with the common 4 of Cavern!) otherwise you have to mix Mox Diamond, stuff like Brushland or follow Barooks Ideas for (g)W with spicy lands like Karakas.

Yesterday i faced Miracle with Maindeck Moat+Moon+EE and Side Humility - i was capable to stay in the game, but it was very grindy and i needed a lot of Answer vs the Hate. I expect we see more adjustments like this, so (as i always mentioned) playing with a strict colorless build can be problematic once the meta full adapt to Eldrazi.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

Soulless Eldrazi Player
    Aug 2015
    Special place in Hell

I tried out GerryT's 75 from two weeks ago on Friday. I lost the first round against Esper Stoneblade by drawing infinite lands. In both games, I got to a point where I had about four or five turns to draw a significant Eldrazi and win, and drew nothing but lands - including THREE Reshaper death triggers which flipped lands. Hell, Eye of Ugin would have been live for three of those turns, but that was like the one land in the deck I didn't draw.

So I tilted pretty badly. Told my friends in no uncertain terms I was tired of this deck doing that to me.

I then went 2-0-1 for the rest of the tournament, drawing against a slow Merfolk player who is new to the format, and I had the winning card on the top of my library at the end of extra turns. My wins were against Miracles and Grixis Delver, both of which I sort of just crushed.

This deck is so frustrating. Just when I thought it was time to put it down...

I liked Gerry's build. I think it's pretty well-built, although it could use some tuning. One thing I will say: I'm really tempted to start playing World Breakers as time ticks by. A lot of people are trying to use lock pieces to shut down the deck, and these lock pieces tend to take the form of artifacts and enchantments. I'm not sure if World Breaker is the answer, because it costs a lot of mana, but I do think we need to start playing some kind of dedicated answer to these cards (Bridge, Moat, Moon, etc).
    Roses are colorless.
    Violets are colorless.
    Everything is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Delvis View Post
    I liked Gerry's build. I think it's pretty well-built, although it could use some tuning.
    You need to mulligan aggressively with this deck.Flooding is normal with a 24/25 lands deck.
    Your starting hand makes the difference between winning and loosing the game.

Soulless Eldrazi Player
    Aug 2015
    Special place in Hell

Quote Originally Posted by janluis1 View Post
    You need to mulligan aggressively with this deck.Flooding is normal with a 24/25 lands deck.
    Your starting hand makes the difference between winning and loosing the game.
    I know. I did.

It was an excessive amount of flooding, concentrated in two specific games. I've played Stompy (both Eldrazi and Angel) basically every week for the past two months or so, so I have some experience with it now, and I've experienced my fair share of flooding and drought. It's the drawback of not playing Brainstorm and Ponder.

What I was saying is, that drawback was occurring too frequently for me to justify continuing to play the deck, and I was ready to put it down. And then it ran hot.

I don't know why you snipped out that part of my post. I wasn't saying his deck could use tuning in the mana department, although I suppose I could see how you would think that. The sideboard was a little clunky, and some of the maindeck counts were sort of awkward.
    Roses are colorless.
    Violets are colorless.
    Everything is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Delvis View Post

What I was saying is, that drawback was occurring too frequently for me to justify continuing to play the deck, and I was ready to put it down. And then it ran hot.

I understand your frustration, I also had bad draws in 2 rounds during the BOM event 2 weeks ago, determining my exclusion from top 8.
    If you prefer piloting a deck with less variance I suggest you playing blue I guess. Playing eldrazi is like playing poker. You can get an Ace king hand or a 7/2 and you have to deal with it.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

That 's why i like 2 traitors /ugin and 4 factories+ 4 wastelands. Feel like while u lose a bit of explosiveness you always do something with your lands. Haven' t wanted to change my manabase anymore after trying that configuration (with 4 ssg)

Thread Information