Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: [DECK] Eldrazi Stompy

Re: [DECK] Eldrazi Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by Manroe View Post
    Good read, glad to see you've had success. What do you think about world breaker? Would it be worth any effort to try to play him or would it be too difficult to manipulate the deck to do so?
    I like the colorless version of this deck. to exile permanents you got ulamog, warping wail, karn and ugin. this should be enough. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by josch6083 View Post
    I like the colorless version of this deck. to exile permanents you got ulamog, warping wail, karn and ugin. this should be enough. :-)
    Fantastic post and congrats on going 4-0.

I agree with you that this deck is a real contender in legacy and your build is probably close to the best approach to take.

I'm curious to see what your list looks like today based on your experience playing the deck since the FNM.

Here's my most current list as of 2/6/16

4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cloudpost
    3 Glimmerpost
    3 Eye of Ugin
    3 City of Traitors
    3 Crystal Vein
    1 Vesuva
    1 Thespian's Stage

4 Endless One
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Kozilek's Channeler
    4 Conduit of Ruin

4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Trinisphere

2 Endbringer
    1 Eldrazi Mimic
    1 Ulamog's Crusher
    1 Void Winnower
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    Last edited by Captain Hammer; 02-05-2016 at 11:07 PM.

Jul 2011
    Germany

Gratz! Nice run (we can also discuss it at our german community: mtg-forum.de, i created a thread)

@your post:

Quote Originally Posted by josch6083 View Post
    - warping wail
    Agree here - Playset seems right, at worst it is a rampspell for the following turn. I even block+sac against Batterskull with Jitte vs DnT one Game.
    - mind stone: a boost in the first few rounds
    I thought a lot about it, because it seems one of the early manastones that are usefull enough, however i don't have space at my current Eldrazi.dec to run it (justify it) over other cards...
    - thought knot seer: I think there is no question about it!! amazing card
    Full agree - love that guy!
    - ulamog:
    Yeap, that "exile on cast" is the reason i also test 1 (main or side), but casting him with moon in play seems like a hard task without enough lands/mana artifacts around.
    kozilek:
    I currently run a build with 24-25 lands and no artifact-ramp, so 1 titan is enough and in this case i like Ulamog over Kozilek
    - all is dust:
    As i mentioned - this spell is bonkers with all the lands, i run 3 main and it feels good to "Sweep" almost anything your opponent can have on the field.

- eldrazi mimic:
    Unsure about him - Yes if you chain Knot, Smasher etc. into this guy it seems really good, but if you can't (wastelands, counters, bad draws etc.) he is only a 2/1...i think you are right, everybody must decide a) build with Mimic b) build with Reshaper c) build without both, the little Eldrazi are not good enought together, for me the Reshaper is still usefull, because "curves out" with Trinisphere and more value against BGx.dec because blocking a gofy and profit is better with Reshaper than with Mimic, attacking for 3 without any "support" is also good enough at legacy (delver )

reality smasher is also a must have. 5/5 trample haste for 5 mana and resistent to spells (unless you discard). besides endbringer the card I killed most with
    Sure! Both cards should be at main, Smasher clearly as a playset and Endbringer should be ok at 2-3, because most of the time he is only for the long run (and some matchups with nasty big creatures^^)

- cloudpost/glimmerpost/vesuva are good cards. glimmerpost can often safe you with its effect of gaining life. but I agree that sometimes cloudpost is just a one mana land. but I still couldnt think of a better mana acceleration
    Yep, Mana mana mana, Postlands are still ok, slower but more powerfull (and the deck is full of Wasteland targets, so it doesnt matter)
    - chalice of the void: bacause it shuts down 80 percent of the legacy spells, you have to play it
    Agree!

Things I would change:
    - 4 Endbringers are to much. Three of them is enough
    see above
    - now I play 3 Cavern to be more consistent against blue decks
    i run 3-4, depends if i want 2-3 Vesuva
    - therefor I took out 2 Cities and the crystal vein. cities are really bad with vesuva and against wasteland-decks
    as i mentioned the last page - City is very risky - too much for me.
    - I´m not sure about the grim monoliths. up to now my experience with it is good. and the question is: is there a better mana accelerator than monolith?
    Nope - you named them all, Grim Monolith, Mind Stone and Thran Dynamo - all have their pro's and con's
    - now I play 4 warping wail in the mainboard. its just to good
    see above
    - I´m not sure about my sideboard. all is dust is an important slot. Needle against wasteland (thinking of taking 4), karn against control, crypt against dregde or reanimator (maybe cages would be better), thorn and trinisphere against combo. maybe a crucible??
    Depends a lot of the field/main config, i currently run:
    3 Faerie Macabre (like it over crypt because it is free, turn 0, uncounterable and your opponent will use his spells for his plan - so you profit more!
    3 Ratchet Bomb (kills a lot of stuff)
    3 Thorn of Amethyst (or Mindbreak Trap vs Storm, but Thorn is important vs Burn i feel, because Price of Progress will kill us!)
    2 Maze of Ith (Fast Aggro, Infect etc.)
    2 Wastes (Blood Moon, Mana Denial etc.)
    1 Umezawa's Jitte (unsure here, Jitte is never a bad choice, but it can also be a 3rd Endbringer if i fear more "big ones")
    1 Crucible of Worlds (Mostly vs Lands, Loam)

- maybe you could take out Ugin. I got the "all is dust". therefor I dropped it for another eldrazi spell
    I like Ugin, but All is Dust profit way better from all the lands, even an Eldrazi Titan can easier be cast with the right lands compared to Ugin.
    - I played 2 eye of ugin and thinking of a third. Problem: you dont want to start with 2 vesuva and eye of ugin or the other way round.
    For me 2 Eyes are right, you never want to see more than one and your Opponent will Waste other lands most of the time (because Eye can't be used for Chalice, Warping etc.)

Other Things:
    - Problems: Decks, that attack your manabase are very hard to beat, eg maverick => thanks armin ;-) it´s hard to stabilze the manabase. any suggestions?
    Crucible, more lands and/or mana artifacts - Graveyard Hate if they use Loam etc.
    - I dont like endless one because it got no extra value like endbringer, thought knot seer or ulamog
    The value it has is: Cast it every time, because it is a 1/1 or 10/10 depends on your mana, in this case he is very good because he is never dead or useless in hand/topdeck (and if you like Mimic, Endless One can be a good friend)
    - I thought about Thran Dynamo: but, wouldn´t I rather play a creature for 4 mana than an artifact? on the other hand it´s more consistent than grim monolith.
    see above
    Overall - liked your post, good discussion here so far!
    TEAM MtG Berlin

Does anyone have the list that josch6083 played? It doesn't show up for me in any of the posts in this thread.

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

its post #93, its like a copy/paste of a list.
    ''The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.'' Lord Eddard Stark - A Game of Thrones

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Overall - liked your post, good discussion here so far![/QUOTE]

Hey MD Ghost: Danke für deine Ergänzungen! Ich sehe, wir haben viele Leute, die das Deck richtig gut sehen möchten.

Hier mal meine aktuelle Liste:

Creatures:
    4x Eldrazi Mimic
    4x Thought Knot seer
    4x Reality smasher
    3x Endbringer
    1x Ulamog, the ceaseless Hunger
    1x Kozilek Great distortion

Mana:
    4x Mindstone
    4x Grim Monolith

Spells:
    4x Warping Wail
    2x All is dust
    4x Chalice of the void

Lands:
    4x Eldrazi Temple
    4x Ancient tomb
    4x Cloudpost
    4x Glimmerpost
    3x Vesuva
    2x Eye of Ugin
    3x Cavern of Souls

Gedanken:
    1 „Endbringer“ out => 1 land oder artefakt ramp mehr oder Phrexian Metamorph (kann als Mindstone Kopie oder als Beater kommen, je nach Bedarf)

gedanken zum Sideboard:
    Ratchet bomb => finde ich super => werde ich spielen
    Crypt, Cage oder Faeries => Geschmackssache
    Pithing needle => finde ich sehr wichtig gegen Mana denial. Revoker machen leider nichts gegen wasteland
    All is dust => eine weitere Kopie ist ausreichend. mehr als 3 braucht man insgesamt nicht
    Thorn of Amethyst => ein muss => gegen Combo und anderen Quatsch
    Karn Liberated => habe beim Turnier 2 Gespielt, vll reicht auch einer im sb
    Crucible: könnte zu langsam sein gegen mana denial. Hab ich im mud immer gespielt, aber dann muss eigentlich auch selber wastelands spielen, damit man crucible auch aggressiv verwenden kann

Das sideboard ist echt tricky. bin gespannt, welche Ideen noch von euch kommen.

Conduit of Ruin seems highly underrated in a list like the above playing Ulamog and Kozilek. It not only tutors up the silver bullet you most want right when you finally have the mana to ramp into it, but it makes it much much easier to cast as well. Basically an Eye of Ugin with a 5/5 body. Eye of Ugin you have to wait till you have 7 mana (and you can't use eldarazi cost reducers like eye of ugin or eldirazi temple) to use the ability, assuming you have an Eye of Ugin and Eldarzi Temple in play to lower Conduit of Ruin's casting cost, you can cast Conduit of Ruin when you have 3-4 fewer lands than you would need to use Eye of Ugin's tutoring ability.

I think both Conduit of Ruin and Oblivion Sower will be key to helping ramp up to mana needed for Ulamog and Kozilek. I would probably also play Void Winnower as a one of silver bullet to tutor up with Conduit of Ruin due to it's synergy with chalice at 1 to lock people out completely.

Ultimately though, the Conduit of Ruin and Oblivion Sower route may be better when paired with faster ramping lands like City of Traitors or Crystal Vein instead of utility lands like Cavern of Souls.

Especially since Oblivion Sower's ability doesn't blow up City of Traitors.

City of Traitors also works reasonably well with Conduit of Ruin. Once you tutor up Kozilek with Conduit and draw it, you can tap the City of Traitors for 2 mana, then play the Eldarazi Temple or Ancient Tomb that's been stuck in your hand for 2 more mana and you will have enough mana to hard cast either Kozilek and draw yourself a fist full of lands.

For example:
    Turn 1 - Ancient Tomb or Eldrazi Temple - Chalice at 1 or cast a Mimic
    Turn 2 - Eye of Ugin or Ancient Tomb or Eldrazi Temple - Thought Knot Seer
    Turn 3 - City of Traitors - Conduit of Ruin to tutor up Kozilek
    Turn 4 - Tap city for 2 mana, play Ancient Tomb or Crystal Vein and sac it for 2 more mana - cast Kozilek and draw a fistful of cards even if it gets countered.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    Conduit of Ruin seems highly underrated in a list like the above playing Ulamog and Kozilek. It not only tutors up the silver bullet you most want right when you finally have the mana to ramp into it, but it makes it much much easier to cast as well. Basically an Eye of Ugin with a 5/5 body. Eye of Ugin you have to wait till you have 7 mana (and you can't use eldarazi cost reducers like eye of ugin or eldirazi temple) to use the ability, assuming you have an Eye of Ugin and Eldarzi Temple in play to lower Conduit of Ruin's casting cost, you can cast Conduit of Ruin when you have 3-4 fewer lands than you would need to use Eye of Ugin's tutoring ability.

I think both Conduit of Ruin and Oblivion Sower will be key to helping ramp up to mana needed for Ulamog and Kozilek. I would probably also play Void Winnower as a one of silver bullet to tutor up with Conduit of Ruin due to it's synergy with chalice at 1 to lock people out completely.

Ultimately though, the Conduit of Ruin and Oblivion Sower route may be better when paired with faster ramping lands like City of Traitors or Crystal Vein instead of utility lands like Cavern of Souls.

Especially since Oblivion Sower's ability doesn't blow up City of Traitors.

City of Traitors also works reasonably well with Conduit of Ruin. Once you tutor up Kozilek with Conduit and draw it, you can tap the City of Traitors for 2 mana, then play the Eldarazi Temple or Ancient Tomb that's been stuck in your hand for 2 more mana and you will have enough mana to hard cast either Kozilek and draw yourself a fist full of lands.

For example:
    Turn 1 - Ancient Tomb or Eldrazi Temple - Chalice at 1 or cast a Mimic
    Turn 2 - Eye of Ugin or Ancient Tomb or Eldrazi Temple - Thought Knot Seer
    Turn 3 - City of Traitors - Conduit of Ruin to tutor up Kozilek
    Turn 4 - Tap city for 2 mana, play Ancient Tomb or Crystal Vein and sac it for 2 more mana - cast Kozilek and draw a fistful of cards even if it gets countered.

What do you guys think?
    If you're going with the longer game Eldrazi deck, Conduit seems awesome. Having both Kozilek and NUlamog (and possibly other stuff, like Void Winnower) allows you to set up for good positions against many likely situations.

There still seems to be two distinct decks being discussed in this thread. One of them is a more traditional Stompy deck with cheaper creatures, and then there's also an Eldrazi value deck that wants to go long.

A manabase similar to the below is able to support both explosiveness and a long game...

4x Eldrazi Temple
    4x Ancient Tomb
    4x Cloudpost
    3x Glimmerpost
    3x City of Traitors
    3x Eye of Ugin
    3x Crystal Vein
    2x Vesuva

Vesuva can always copy an Eldrazi Temple if a Cloudpost isn't in play, or can even copy an Ancient Tomb if you're really desperate for mana. Thus, effectively, every single land above with the exception of Glimmerpost (this is why I cut it to 3) is capable of tapping for two mana by itself. This effectively lets the deck cut chaff like Mind Stones and Grim Monoliths and go very threat dense.

With a manabase as above, I would play no more than 10 Non Eldarazi cards at most.

Here's the build I'm playing around with...

Here's my most current list as of 2/6/16

4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cloudpost
    3 Glimmerpost
    3 Eye of Ugin
    3 City of Traitors
    3 Crystal Vein
    1 Vesuva
    1 Thespian's Stage

4 Endless One
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Kozilek's Channeler
    4 Conduit of Ruin

4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Trinisphere

2 Endbringer
    1 Eldrazi Mimic
    1 Ulamog's Crusher
    1 Void Winnower
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth

I really love the way this list is performing.
    Last edited by Captain Hammer; 02-05-2016 at 11:09 PM.

I've been testing a version of the Eldrazi Stompy deck. By the way, I like the Hammer's build too. I think the 3 Flex Slots should be Revoker.

Overall it is quite powerful, but there's still room for improvement.
    Something like Coercive Portal would be nice.

Here's my current list, it will be changing soon.

2 Conduit of Ruin
    3 Endbringer
    4 Phyrexian Revoker
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    1 Void Winnower

2 Spatial Contortion
    4 Warping Wail
    3 All Is Dust

4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Grim Monolith

4 Ancient Tomb
    3 Cavern of Souls
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Wasteland
    2 Eye of Ugin

SB

4 Pithing Needle
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    3 Tormod's Crypt
    3 Trinisphere
    1 All Is Dust

Fun to play, Reality Smasher is amazing. I prefer Revoker over Mimic because it shuts off stuff like Jace and Sneak Attack and Top and DRS, etc.

Jul 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    A manabase similar to the below is able to support both explosiveness and a long game...

4x Eldrazi Temple
    4x Ancient Tomb
    4x Cloudpost
    4x Vesuva
    3x Glimmerpost
    3x City of Traitors
    3x Eye of Ugin
    2x Crystal Vein

With a manabase as above, I would play no more than 10 Non Eldarazi cards at most.

"Only" 10 Non Eldrazi is a hard task, because you will miss a lot of good "colorless" stuff which can be an issue. With that Manabase i would try 2 Crucible, because (besides Wastelands - a problem we all mentioned) with City, Crystal and 3 Eye of Ugin (which is one more than common) you will struggle with your mana (without interaction from your opponent). What i still like is the "cut" of all Mana Artifacts, because they tend to be worst topdecks and i would play more lands (currently 25) instead of Mana Artifacts with my current build.

Here's the build I'm playing around with...

@Build: For me it is too "top heavy" which means, more clunky starting hands, more vulnerable to Manadenial/Softcounters (even a daze can ruin a day i learned the last days). I don't see any situation where it is necessary to play more than one Titan (even one might be "win more" most of the time). Sure it is spicy to use all the Eldrazi Bombs and living the Dream with access to a lot of mana. For me the new Ulamog is enough, because he acts like a good "removal" (like all is dust) with a hard hitting body and both are only relevant, if the opponent managed to survive long enough (which only a few decks should be able) - with only a 2 Trinisphere and Warping Wail, Combo will still "steam roll" you in most "Game 1 Situations". Even in a long grindy game, a "little" Smasher is a hard task for most decks, so i would chain them if i can use Eye of Ugin (with 10 Mana you can tutor, cast, attack - which is better than "tutor", wait a turn, cast, wait a turn).

This still leaves me with 3 flex slots that I can't pin down. I've tried everything from a 2nd Ulamog to a 3rd Warping Wail or a 3rd Trinisphere or a 3rd Endbringer or a 3rd Crystal Vein to Urza's Incubator, Eldrazi Mimic, Rachet Bomb, Jitte, Blight Herder, Oblivion Sower and Endless One and each has been good at times. There doesn't seem to be any one right answer for the 3 flex slots from what I can see.

I have 3 Revoker Main and they perform very well (besides "non Eldrazi" issues") - the real deal is that you can interact with your Opponent instead of only "beat him down" - because for the Beats the deck has more than enough stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by TTX View Post
    I've been testing a version of the Eldrazi Stompy deck. By the way, I like the Hammer's build too. I think the 3 Flex Slots should be Revoker.

As i mentioned above

Overall it is quite powerful, but there's still room for improvement.
    Something like Coercive Portal would be nice.

I testet Portal and it is only good as a "draw" vs Control, but against Control (Miracle) we have so many other good cards - don't think Portal is the deal, because the "Wipe the field" Stuff will not happen often enough.

Here's my current list, it will be changing soon.

@Build: Wastelands without Trinisphere and/or Crucible? Yeah a Wasteland can win the game, but the Eldrazi deck will need a lot of mana for itself, so you only will use Wastelands if you are in a good position, i think in a Stompy Shell which aims for dropping a lot of spicy bombs (Eldrazis and Prision Stuff) we should avoid to hamper ourselves without the right support (for Wastelands: Crucible and/or Trinisphere to really lock out the Opponent) - mainy (mostly blue) legacy decks can operate with only 1-2 lands, sure if you count "Sollands" for Eldrazi this can be true for Eldrazi too, but in this case Thought-Knot Seer is still "the end of the line" with 4 Mana.
    @Pithing Needle or the Wasteland Case:

I don't like the idea to play a 1 Mana Solution in a deck with Chalice and Trinisphere (which overall are much better vs most Wasteland decks). I am now playing 25 lands (without any Mana Artifact), and 2 Wastes and 2 Maze at Side - for me this is stable enough, because they can't Waste all of your lands, i faced many situations were my first 1-2 Lands got Wasted (try to put the "right" one as a target on the field), but i simply follow with enough other lands - and if an opponent use Wasteland without any field position, they will hamper themselves a lot.

Note i also use 1 Crucible at Side vs Loam-Based-Wastelands (a long with 3 Faerie as Graveyard Hate) - if Lands and/or Aggro Loam are a problem, i can also see the 4 Slots as a Playset Leyline of the Void, which will also kill real Graveyard decks etc. Crypt has the big disadvantage, that you can't use it on the draw, it can be countered and once on the field, your opponent can try to play around it.
    Last edited by MD.Ghost; 02-04-2016 at 07:07 AM.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

My current list:

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    3 Cavern of Souls
    4 Mind Stone
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Trinisphere
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Conduit of Ruin
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    4 Oblivion Sower
    4 Warping Wail
    1 Void Winnower
    1 All Is Dust
    1 Ulamog's Crusher
    SB: 3 Spatial Contortion
    SB: 1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    SB: 3 Eldrazi Mimic
    SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 3 Thorn of Amethyst
    SB: 2 All Is Dust
    SB: 1 Ruin Processor

Runs smooth and wins a lot on cockatrice. Will bring it to my next local tournament and tell you how it went^^

Apr 2005
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Asgar View Post
    My current list:

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    3 Cavern of Souls
    4 Mind Stone
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Trinisphere
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Conduit of Ruin
    4 Oblivion Sower
    4 Warping Wail
    1 Void Winnower
    1 All Is Dust
    1 Ulamog's Crusher
    SB: 3 Spatial Contortion
    SB: 1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    SB: 3 Eldrazi Mimic
    SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 3 Thorn of Amethyst
    SB: 2 All Is Dust
    SB: 1 Ruin Processor

Runs smooth and wins a lot on cockatrice. Will bring it to my next local tournament and tell you how it went^^
    You seem to have a lot of unusual choices (as far as anything can be labelled "unusual" in a developing deck), would you mind sharing your thoughts on the Crusher, which seems very underwhelming? on 4 Sowers, whose purpose I still have a difficult time spotting? on the 4 Eyes of ugin which seems to have a very high risk of being cluncky seeing as they are legendary? and finally the sb, where I have trouble understanding the mimics and the ruin processer?

I actually really like the singleton Ulamog's Crusher. It works really well with Conduit of Ruin. Good Call. I'm going to make room for one in my build.

Hi,

I think we should focus on which direction we´re going. I think the most important thing is to follow a certain strategy. You cannot be an aggressive Stompy deck, and trying to be a control deck with revoker, trinisphere and wastelands as well. Then there is no synergy.

Of course revoker is a powerful creature but we also give up power to destroy our opponent. Wastelands are similar. If I want to play wasteland then I have to play crucible, too. and if we continue to put more and more control spells into the deck, the first idea is obsolete.

I like the idea of a crazy beat down stompy with ulamog and kozilek backup. I think that´s the right direction. :-)
    Maze of Ith sounds good at first, but if I was the opponent I would rather destroy the mana-lands first and build up my own board. And later I can focus on the maze. This is where death and texas, maverick and co. will go. And they got more than 2 creatures anyway. so the profit of maze is questionable.

Conduit of ruin is an interesting card. I´m thinking about 1 main. Then you only need 2 Eye of ugin and can use conduit as a third tutor for ulamog or kozilek.

The idea of 25 lands without any further mana artifacts is too risky in my opinion. Especially against decks with wasteland, rishadan port, thalia ... You can only drop one land per turn. it can be a long way to cast a fatty against these disruptive cards.

bruizar

Man, I'm running 4 conduits. Eye of Ugin is legendary and the cost reduction of conduit + eye makes a big difference. Also, why sink mana into an Eye activation when you can have a 5/5 that reduces the cost of the game ending card for 1 less mana?

May 2011
    Canada

I have been running the following list in the last 3 events I have went to, with some minor modifications each time, and it was been running beautifully. I chose to go a more controlling route than most.

//Artifact (15)
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Mind Stone
    3 Trinisphere

//Artifact Creature (3)
    3 Phyrexian Revoker

//Creature (10)
    3 Oblivion Sower
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

//Instant (3)
    3 Warping Wail

//Planeswalker (3)
    3 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

//Tribal Sorcery (2)
    2 All Is Dust

//Land (24)
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    2 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Mystifying Maze
    1 Sea Gate Wreckage
    2 Thespian's Stage

SB: 1 Grafdigger's Cage
    SB: 1 Orbs of Warding
    SB: 2 Pithing Needle
    SB: 2 Ratchet Bomb
    SB: 2 Spatial Contortion
    SB: 2 Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 1 Trinisphere
    SB: 1 Warping Wail
    SB: 2 Wurmcoil Engine
    SB: 1 Cursed Totem

These are the matchups so far:
    20$ event - Jan. 31st
    Rnd 1 - Miracles - 2-1
    Rnd 2 - Storm - 2-0
    Rnd 3 - D&T - 2-0
    Rnd 4 - Merfolk - ID (to be 1st seed in top 4)
    QTRs - Lands - 0-2

8$ event - Feb. 2nd
    Rnd 1 - Miracles - 2-0
    Rnd 2 - Maverick - 2-1
    Rnd 3 - Tin Fins - 2-0
    Rnd 4 - Goblin Stompy - 2-0

5$ event - Feb. 3rd
    Rnd 1 - Reanimator - 2-0
    Rnd 2 - Storm - 2-0
    Rnd 3 - D&T - 2-0

Other than lands every match up felt really good.
    Last edited by Krasman; 02-05-2016 at 12:17 AM.

Sup mates!

So today there was another Tourny at my local store, and same as last Thursday, i went 5-0.

Im now 10-0 in rounds
    20-2 in games over all.

My list is alot more aggro oriented than most of yours. im not play any post lands, im going all out on City of traitors, ancient tombs, and even Crystal veils so i can power my dudes through early.

4x Seer
    4x Smasher
    4x Mimic
    4x Reshaper
    3x Endbringer
    1x Ulamog

4x Chalice
    4x trinisphere
    3x Veil
    2x Spartial
    2x Mind stone
    1x All is dust

4x temple
    4x City of traitors
    4x Ancient tomb
    4x Crystal Veil
    3x Cavern
    3x Eye of ugin
    1x Wastes
    1x Urborg

Sideboard:

4x Thorn
    3x Revoker
    2x Tormods crypt
    2x Rachet bomb
    1x Jitte
    1x Crucible
    1xTsabos web

and something i cant remmeber right now.

Matches was against:

2-0 Bug delver
    2-0 Bug delver
    2-0 Death and taxes
    2-1 Burn
    2-0 Grixis control

At the moment there is nothing i would consider swappin out other than the Ulamog, i have hard time casting it, but then again its nice to have a bomb later in the game, and it can remove annoying stuff like blood moons, and what so ever.

Heres a little showcase of what this build can do.

im playing against Death and taxes, its game one and im starting. my hand is the following

1x Mimic
    2x reshaper
    1x seer
    1x Eye of ugin
    1x smasher
    1x Crystal vein

Turn one: Eye - mimic - go

Turn two: Draw temple - play temple - double reshaper - hit for 3 with mimic

Turn three: Draw Crystal vein - play Crystal vein - Play smasher - Attack with everything for a total of 16

Turn four: Draw Smasher - play smasher - attack with everything for 21.

I mean, i've played this deck 2 times now, and it feels like a monster, ofc people aint ready for it and so on, but this really feels like "the real deal"

Oxide.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by Krasman View Post
    I have been running the following list in the last 3 events I have went to, with some minor modifications each time, and it was been running beautifully. I chose to go a more controlling route than most.

//Artifact (15)
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Mind Stone
    3 Trinisphere

//Artifact Creature (3)
    3 Phyrexian Revoker

//Creature (10)
    3 Oblivion Sower
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

//Instant (3)
    3 Warping Wail

//Planeswalker (3)
    3 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

//Tribal Sorcery (2)
    2 All Is Dust

//Land (24)
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    2 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmervoid
    1 Mystifying Maze
    1 Sea Gate Wreckage
    2 Thespian's Stage

SB: 1 Grafdigger's Cage
    SB: 1 Orbs of Warding
    SB: 2 Pithing Needle
    SB: 2 Ratchet Bomb
    SB: 2 Spatial Contortion
    SB: 2 Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 1 Trinisphere
    SB: 1 Warping Wail
    SB: 2 Wurmcoil Engine
    SB: 1 Cursed Totem

These are the matchups so far:
    20$ event - Jan. 31st
    Rnd 1 - Miracles - 2-1
    Rnd 2 - Storm - 2-0
    Rnd 3 - D&T - 2-0
    Rnd 4 - Merfolk - ID (to be 1st seed in top 4)
    QTRs - Lands - 0-2

8$ event - Feb. 2nd
    Rnd 1 - Miracles - 2-0
    Rnd 2 - Maverick - 2-1
    Rnd 3 - Tin Fins - 2-0
    Rnd 4 - Goblin Stompy - 2-0

5$ event - Feb. 3rd
    Rnd 1 - Reanimator - 2-0
    Rnd 2 - Storm - 2-0
    Rnd 3 - D&T - 2-0

Other than lands every match up felt really good.
    glimmervoid = glimmerpost
    -rob

In regards to mana artifacts, I think we really need to establish which of the 4 options is the best route to go...

Mind Stone - Cheap and cantrips so it's not a horrible late game but makes very little mana
    Grim Monolith - Cheap and Explosive but one time use and crappy late game
    Thran Dynamo - Explosive and reusable but crappy late game and not cheap
    Hedron Archive - Not Cheap but it's semiexplosive, reusable and draws two so it's okay late game

Looking at the comparison, I'm actually leaning most strongly towards Hedron Archive over the other three alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    glimmervoid = glimmerpost
    That makes a lot more sense.

I'm more curious about your decision to play Thespian's Stage in lieu of Vesuva. Did you try Thespian's Stage. Just curious if there was a specific factor that made you go with Thespian's Stage instead of Vesuva.

If they're both good, I'm tempted to try out a controllish build that plays eye of ugin/temple + cloudpost + glimmerpost + vesuva + thespian's stage + urborg + dark depths

Thread Information