3x mox diamond
    2x raven's crime
    3x cabal therapy
    4x vindicate
    2x toxic deluge
    2x bottomless pit
    2x pox
    4x bloodghast

This is a modified version of mono black pox tuned for extra land destruction. bloodghasts create a decent clock, turn on cabal therapy, and combo very well with smallpox and flagstones of trokair. (since smallpox order matters it is possible to discard and/or sacrifice bloodghast and have him re-enter play via landfall generated by flagstones destruction. since the deck is geared towards land destruction magus of the tabernacle and ghostly prison seem to work pretty well. I noticed in mono black builds the hand hate (inquisition of kozilek and hymn to tourach) were dead late game. so instead i chose to use bottomless pit to try and clear out any potential answers they may try to hold until they have enough mana to cast them.

please give me any suggestions you may have
    thanks!

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Re: B/W Vindictive POX

Interesting take on Pox, not sure if it needs it's own thread. You should ask the guys at the Pox-thread for their opinion. I know one thong though: back at Salvation there were people trying B/W Pox, nicknamed 'Holy Pox'. Maybe get some information and inspiration from there?
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

I tried using the search bar and it didn't find a pox thread. After looking closer I did find it thanks. Mods please move thread to pox primer thanks!

As far as BW Pox goes I run an effective aggro build along the lines of Stoneblade and Dead Guy Ale that is ridiculously effective. Vindicates are on the side. Here's my list:

//Beatdown 16
    4x Bloodghast
    4x Dark Confidant
    2x Lingering Souls
    4x Stoneforge Mystic
    1x Batterskull
    1x Umezawa's Jitte

//Disruption / Removal 22
    4x Cabal Therapy
    4x Inquisition of Kozilek
    4x Sinkhole
    4x Smallpox
    4x Swords to Plowshares
    2x Liliana of the Veil

//Land 22
    4x Wasteland
    2x Mishra's Factory
    4x Scrubland
    2x Godless Shrine
    4x Marsh Flats
    3x Verdant Catacombs
    1x Swamp
    2x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

//Sideboard 15
    4x Extirpate
    4x Leyline of the Void
    2x Pithing Needle
    3x Vindicate
    2x Zealous Persecution
    "WaaaauuugghhhaaaauuugghhhaauuugghhhaaauuugghhhW" -Chewbacca

Smarter than your average Bear Deck
    Jan 2009

Quote Originally Posted by reddead38 View Post
    23 lands

4x Mishra's Factory
    2x wasteland/ ghost quarter for budget
    3x urborg, tomb of yawgmoth
    2x Dakmor salvage
    2x scrubland
    3x flagstones or trokair
    2x plains
    1x shambling vent
    4x swamp

2x innocent blood
    2x ghostly prison
    1x syphon life
    2x magus of the tabernacle
    4x sinkhole
    4x smallpox
    3x mox diamond
    2x raven's crime
    3x cabal therapy
    4x vindicate
    2x toxic deluge
    2x bottomless pit
    2x pox
    4x bloodghast

This is a modified version of mono black pox tuned for extra land destruction. bloodghasts create a decent clock, turn on cabal therapy, and combo very well with smallpox and flagstones of trokair. (since smallpox order matters it is possible to discard and/or sacrifice bloodghast and have him re-enter play via landfall generated by flagstones destruction. since the deck is geared towards land destruction magus of the tabernacle and ghostly prison seem to work pretty well. I noticed in mono black builds the hand hate (inquisition of kozilek and hymn to tourach) were dead late game. so instead i chose to use bottomless pit to try and clear out any potential answers they may try to hold until they have enough mana to cast them.

please give me any suggestions you may have
    thanks!
    I actually have an interesting take and suggestion for you, since I tried a B/W deck back in the day that was almost like a cross between Geddon Stax/Pox/Deadguy, it was interesting. I played it in one local tourney and went 2-2 and never ended up playing it again sadly.

The idea is similar to what you're doing with Mox Diamond, ghasts, Flagstones, etc. BUT instead of running Pox you run 2-3 Cataclysm. I also ran Stoneforge Mystic 'cause after Cata you just need that and an equipment to swing through to victory. And if you need another reason why Cataclysm is awesome, it hoses planeswalkers, and if you're not running them already that's a sweet perk.

One thing I didn't like when I used to run traditional Pox was the life loss, I felt like way back in the day when I was facing a lot of Thresh, Burn, and Zoo, it'd sorta "accidentally" throw a "won game" away, what I realized is that you really don't want to be losing too much life if you don't have to. Another added bonus of running Cataclysm is that it really screws over Lands... and I mean it royally screws them over lol.

One idea I never really got to test was adding a few Land Tax, add kind of a Parfait style to the deck. Since I saw you mentioned Ghost Quarter, and Land Tax gives you tremendous CA. I know I'm kinda puking out ideas left and right, but another thought I'd had too was running something like Trinisphere because after you Cata you can recover faster than them with Flagstones/Mox Diamond, Vindicate their lands, drop a 3sphere... gg beyoch lol.
    May your suffering equal your weakness
    --Ihsan's Shade

Thread Information