Thread: [Legacy Weapon Podcast] Episode 8 - Introduction to Legacy - Who is the Beatdown?

[Legacy Weapon Podcast] Episode 8 - Introduction to Legacy - Who is the Beatdown?

Hello!

Episode 8 of Legacy weapon went live today, and it is a digestible introduction and analysis of the old "who is the Beatdown" game strategy theory, specialized for Legacy and for people new to the concept.

This is a shorter episode, and the first focusing on a specific, narrow strategy topic. Let me know what you think! Feedback is appreciated, but even better is keeping us in mind for anyone you know who is curious about getting into/getting better at the (best) format.

http://www.gatheringmagic.com/legacy...-the-beatdown/

Side topic. And thanks to the people who gave feedback a while back on our audio. Since episode 3 we got new microphones, and I'm happy to give any microphone advice to anyone looking into getting one. :)

Jul 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: [Legacy Weapon Podcast] Episode 8 - Introduction to Legacy - Who is the Beatdown?

You mention that they have announced Legacy Leagues on mtgo... I nearly fell off my bike listening. Is this for real? Link? Searching on WotCs website and Google has not borne fruit so far.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Re: [Legacy Weapon Podcast] Episode 8 - Introduction to Legacy - Who is the Beatdown?

I haven't heard of an official announcement yet. Last update was that they are trying Pauper Leagues to get a feel for whether Legacy Leagues would be worth it. That was in ~December. Since then the Pauper League has grown up to 800 of a max of thousand players. This is incredibly respectable for such a niche format.

I really hope Lee is gonna announce the Legacy Leagues as well as the Legacy Power9 Challenge / Modern Mayhem equivalent soon.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Would give me a solid reason to buy in if they did. Right now there is little moderation for me to do so.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Jul 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Either the host of the podcast was just mistaken or it's true I guess. On the podcast they say, word for word, that legacy leagues for mtgo has been announced (apparently at the same time as the latest B&T announcement).

Quote Originally Posted by nevilshute View Post
    Either the host of the podcast was just mistaken or it's true I guess. On the podcast they say, word for word, that legacy leagues for mtgo has been announced (apparently at the same time as the latest B&T announcement).
    Hey everyone!

I now worry that my use of the word "announced" made it sound more set in stone than it is, as there is no date.

BUT!

Lee Sharp said that it IS being worked on and IS coming.

https://twitter.com/mtg_lee/status/687817803877892096

Heh, if no one else saw his tweet, does that mean our show had an exclusive spoiler? I should have hyped it more. I hear spoilers draw in listeners. ;)

Thread Information