Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Classic Art Tokens - Legacy Token Collection

Classic Art Tokens - Legacy Token Collection

Hey everybody, Josh here with something that I'm excited to show you all.

On February 2nd, I will be launching the Classic Art Token project on Kickstarter. If you follow me on twitter/facebook you're probably sick of hearing about it by now, but if you are new to the project, I highly recommend checking it out:

Classic Art Token Kickstarter

One of the reward levels for the project is a collection of tokens specifically built for Legacy players. Here is the breakdown of what tokens are in the Legacy Collection:
    • 4/4 Angel x3
    • 3/3 Beast x1
    • 2/2 Bird x1
    • 1/1 Elemental x6
    • 0/0 Germ x1
    • 1/1 Goblin x6
    • 2/2 Manifest x2
    • 1/1 Monk x4
    • 20/20 Mr. Lage x1
    • Poison Counter x1
    • 1/1 Spirit x4
    • Storm Counter x1
    • 1/1 Thopter x4
    • 2/2 Wolf x2
    • 1/1 Wolf x1
    • 3/3 Wurm DT x1
    • 3/3 Wurm LL x1
    • 2/2 Zombie x8

I built the collection to provide a comprehensive set of tokens for anyone playing competitive Legacy.

If the project is able to hit its Stretch Goals, the Collections will increased to 54 cards. I was planning on adding 1 Elf Warrior and 4 Robot Tokens, but that still leaves one slot undecided.

Take a look at the project, join the Thunderclap if you really like it, and let me know what you think the last Stretch Goal token in the Legacy collection should be.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

Re: Classic Art Tokens - Legacy Token Collection

These are great - I'll pledge. The Great Wave playmat is the shit; Hokusai would be flattered.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I get why you shortened it, but Mr Lage just feels wrong.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Can I get a Faerie Rogue?!

Nov 2011
    Krems an der Donau, Austria

The tokens are awesome!!!!
    The idea is great!!
    I think I need such tokens!

But one thing! The beast token rabbit should be Albrecht Dürers Feldhase:

:P :D

You might not be looking for feedback at this stage, but if you don`t mind…

Marit Lage shortened to Mr. Lage ruins that token for me. Marit is a woman`s name, and I read "Mr." as "Mister".

Also, I loved how the art on the Wurm tokens reflected their abilities until I read closer and discovered that the one with the white sphere had deathtouch and the one with the black sphere had lifelink. I intuitively thought it was the other way around, and I`d swap them if it`s not too late.

Other than those two things, I dig a lot of these. I like that the Bird is a swan for Swan Song, I love the black and white Germ token, and I love how the Manifest token conveys mystery.

^This, completely. I hope it's not too late to change them. Just make Marit lage an "Avatar" or whatever if it's copyrighted, no one actually cares about the name.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Noticed you have a Storm counter in your Legacy kit. If your going to go down that path, consider tokens for Mana too. They are useful.

As a TES player (when I play storm) I sleeve up Goblins in different colour sleeves and flip them once I am done. But I would like these more if you made them.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Jun 2014
    The Arctic

Noticed you have a Storm counter in your Legacy kit. If your going to go down that path, consider tokens for Mana too. They are useful.
    Seconded.
    As a TES player (when I play storm) I sleeve up Goblins in different colour sleeves and flip them once I am done. But I would like these more if you made them.
    Persionally, I normally just use a spin down of each color. I also tried colored beads, which are prettier to look at, but they are hard to count.

I know these are geared for legacy, but as an EDH player, I will totally get in on this. Can I blast this over on the commander forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    It's like arguing your way out of a speeding ticket by saying "it's not like I'm wearing oven mitts, officer."
    Twenty Kavus and a Dream is NOT a Legacy deck.

Oct 2013
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Havrekjex View Post
    You might not be looking for feedback at this stage, but if you don`t mind…

Marit Lage shortened to Mr. Lage ruins that token for me. Marit is a woman`s name, and I read "Mr." as "Mister".

Also, I loved how the art on the Wurm tokens reflected their abilities until I read closer and discovered that the one with the white sphere had deathtouch and the one with the black sphere had lifelink. I intuitively thought it was the other way around, and I`d swap them if it`s not too late.

Other than those two things, I dig a lot of these. I like that the Bird is a swan for Swan Song, I love the black and white Germ token, and I love how the Manifest token conveys mystery.
    If I am not mistaken, it was cut due to copyright stuff

What if you changed it to "Mary J. Lage"? Although that would not fit the theme, so never mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    It's like arguing your way out of a speeding ticket by saying "it's not like I'm wearing oven mitts, officer."
    Twenty Kavus and a Dream is NOT a Legacy deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilhas View Post
    If I am not mistaken, it was cut due to copyright stuff
    if so, it should be "Ms. Lage" (don't like that either, but correct gender at least), or even better, just "Lage", "M. Lage" or "Avatar". She is no "Mister".

Not to nitpick over one small thing in this otherwise completely awesome set of tokens, of course...

Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post
    Can I get a Faerie Rogue?!
    There is one included in the main set. You can see them here: www.classicarttokens.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    The beast token rabbit should be Albrecht Dürers Feldhase:
    Good pick! I certainly considered it. There's always next time (assuming the projec

Quote Originally Posted by Havrekjex

Good point. Ms. Lage is just as copyright friendly and is a better in joke. Consider it done.

I'll have to think on switching the Wurms. I do like the current set up, but am open to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box
    If your going to go down that path, consider tokens for Mana too. They are useful.
    I have roughed out tokens for the colors, but haven't found the right ones yet. That might have to wait until Classic Art Tokens 2 Electric Boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by kirkusjones
    Can I blast this over on the commander forum?
    Please do! The more backers we can get for the project the more tokens and playmat designs I can include in the project. Spread the word. Tell your friends.

Oct 2015
    Paris

The tokens are amazing !
    If you create new playmats, just create one with The Night Watch by Rembrandt or The Allegory of Painting by Vermeer, it should be splendid.
    Also, could we see a picture of the uncut sheet ?

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

I'm not familiar with how Kickstarter works (Being jewish while studying etc), but I do love this.

How does it work, when it launches?

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

^I do agree with the previous post. It's interresting, but I have no idea on how it will work exactly. What happens if i donate 50$?
    What will it be used for and what do I get in return (Except the pleasure to be a patron)?

Oct 2015
    Paris

Basically, the project has X days to get the first goal which is here, 5k$. If they reach the first goal, you will receive the stuffs you donate for. If they do not reach the first goal, people who have contributed to the project will receive back their money. If they reach the other goals (6k, 7k5 and 10k), it will unlock new stuffs.

Normally this is how kickstarter and other variants work but correct me if I am wrong.

(Sorry for my bad english)

edit :

@Tylert if you donate 50$ you will receive, if they reach 5k$, " 1 Basic Set, 1 Token Collection of your Choice & 1 Playmat of your Choice.".
    Your contribution will help the project's funding and in return you will receive tokens/playmats according to your donation.

That is the long and short of it. If the project meets the funding goal, I make the tokens and playmats and send them out. If it doesn't make the goal, you get your money back and I... cry into my cereal.

I have stretch goals planned out well past 10k but didn't want to be too presumptuous. I have hopes that it will do very well, but you never know.

Glad to hear you like the tokens!

I'm sad to see no Elephants, though I suppose everyone will have their niche token that they'd like to have. What? Terastodon is a card...in legacy...

Thread Information