Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Classic Art Tokens - Legacy Token Collection

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

Re: Classic Art Tokens - Legacy Token Collection

This project looks fantastic! I'd throw $79 at it! How about some Dali clocks for a suspend counter?
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    Be a part of the magic! OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

I will definitely donate; I love this concept, and I LOVE the choice of angels. I'm definitely getting this playmat.

I'm sad this won't be shipped before GP Prague (Legacy gp in Europe).

Jun 2014
    The Arctic

Quote Originally Posted by the Thin White Duke View Post
    This project looks fantastic! I'd throw $79 at it! How about some Dali clocks for a suspend counter?
    Suspend is kind of like +1/+1 counters in that they are placed on an actual card, and as such would need to be allot smaller then these are going to be.

Now a bunch of dime/nickle sized Dali clocks for suspend tokens would probably be awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post
    I'm sad to see no Elephants, though I suppose everyone will have their niche token that they'd like to have. What? Terastodon is a card...in legacy...
    If we can hit the $10,000 stretch goal, the Elephant token will added to the full set, along with 17 other tokens, bringing the total up to 72.

Quote Originally Posted by the Thin White Duke
    How about some Dali clocks for a suspend counter?
    That would be amazing indeed. Unfortunately, Dali's art does not enter the public domain until 2060, so... it'll be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff
    I'm sad this won't be shipped before GP Prague (Legacy gp in Europe)
    I hope to be able to beat my planned ship date, but that would be an aggressive goal to meet.

I just updated the preview page with the video for the project.

www.classicarttokens.com

Would be very interested to hear what you all think of the video, and the page itself for that matter.

Thanks for all the feedback so far, I really want to make this the best project it can be.

Beautiful tokens! I'm confused by Manifest in the Legacy batch. But it looks very nice. Maybe one Manifest and a fourth Angel token instead? Entreat for greater than three is fairly common.

Jun 2014
    The Arctic

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSettler View Post
    I'm confused by Manifest in the Legacy batch.
    Same, I am not aware of and cards with the ability that see Legacy play. Heck, I do not think any of them made it to Modern. Keep thinking that either it is a typo or the Legacy is also meant to cover EDH (which should be there as a category).

When I was looking through the most recent Top 8 Legacy decks on SCG I saw several D&T decks with 1-2 Mastery of the Unseen in the Board.

It's definitely a corner case, but it does see play from time to time

Jun 2014
    The Arctic

Quote Originally Posted by krauserkrauser View Post
    When I was looking through the most recent Top 8 Legacy decks on SCG I saw several D&T decks with 1-2 Mastery of the Unseen in the Board.

It's definitely a corner case, but it does see play from time to time
    That might be an understatement. SCG is not the sum total of Legacy. It is one metageme only. Really you shoul be checking something that collects data from more of the format.

I just checked the data according to MTGGoldfsh (which is not perfect but bettthen then nothing) D&T was the 16th biggest deck in their data and the sideboard card %'s ended at 33% with it not being listed. On MTGTop 8 I could not find any reference for it in Legacy play. The card might see play, but the play is so negligible it is a waste to put the token in the Legacy section.

The whole Legacy section feels like it needs to be re-balanced to me, Entreat for Angels is probably one of the biggest token producers in the format, and you only have 3 tokens for it. Really if any pack tailored to a format should be set up so anyone familiar with the major decks in the format can look at it and tel what makes each token. There should not be any thinking "Where does this go" as that leads to people thinking there are wasted cards. Now I am not perfectly familiar with the metagame, but when I look at the list I have trouble thinking about cards that see notable use in the format and produce the following
    • 3/3 Beast
    • 2/2 Manifest
    • 1/1 Spirit
    • 2/2 Wolf
    • 1/1 Wolf

Though I did check MTG top 8 and found cards for the Wolf and Spirit tokens that were present in under 3% of deck lists (with the wolf tokens being primarially sideboard) though I am not saying I founds every card. This is kind of bad for angel tokens since you have more Spirit tokens, but the Angel token producer if more then 3X as common to encounter, and has a tendency to produce Angels in batched of 5+,and the only deck I am aware of that would reliable produce enough Zombies to justify 8 tokens in Dredge, the only others I can think of are not going to product that many most games that they produce tokens.

I am always open to suggestions.

If you can come up with a list of 48 tokens and 6 bonus tokens that you think would better fit a player of the format please share it with me. The project goes live on Tuesday so if you can get it to me tomorrow, I will be able to make adjustments

Jun 2014
    The Arctic

Most of the tokens look fine to exist except for Sapling, but I assume that is a renaming of Saproling for the same reasons as Mr. Lage.
    The issue I am seeing are more with the format pack contents.

For Standard you need to re-think the cards as with an August release Khans and Fate Reforged will have rotated out by the time people get them (no more 3/4 Birds, Monks or Manifest), and they will have what 2 months left with Dragons and Origins (Morph and thopters). So some of those tokens will not longer be Std legal, and others will be about to leave Std. I do no know the cutoffs for sending files to print, but You will kind of need to see what is in Shadows of Innistrad and included some keyed to it (aside from the likely more zombies).

For Legacy I do not think Manifest sees enough play in the format and you need more Angels to account for entreat, so maybe make those 2 tokens Angels instead.

I think you probably also need a Casual or EDH pack, which is where both Morph and Manifest belong, but the full set probably covers that.

Though one token I think might be worth adding (unless it is there and I missed it) is an emblem token to represent ones made by planes walkers.

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

The campaign has launched and I've thrown my $$ into the ring. Off to a great start, Josh. Quick question for you: are we able to pledge toward add-ons yet? (I'm new to the Kickstarter)
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    Be a part of the magic! OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

6.6k$ in about 2 days?

That's amazing, and I'm really happy that this will become something!

Still hoping for that GP Prague shipping :)!

Backed for the Silver+Playmat backing.

If nothing else, this will Definitely become something.

@the Thin White Duke

You can either increase your pledge by the appropriate amount for your desired Add Ons or you can wait until the Backer surveys go after the project ends. You can also go in any modify your pledge at any time before the project ends.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

Pledged! Can't wait to sling some classy-ass tokens.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

If nothing else, this will Definitely become something.

@the Thin White Duke

You can either increase your pledge by the appropriate amount for your desired Add Ons or you can wait until the Backer surveys go after the project ends. You can also go in any modify your pledge at any time before the project ends.
    It's already over $12,000, I'd say that's at least something, .

What I really want is 2 Full Sets and a playmat. Is it easier for me to just get the 1 Full Set and the Playmat now, then add my other set later? It seems like it might be confusing for you if I just do $79 right now, since then you'd have to go back and change it later.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Oct 2015
    Paris

@KrauserKrauser

Do you have a picture of an uncut sheet ?

@H

You can just add on the extra $30 for the Full Set to your pledge when you back the project, or change it as needed until the project ends. We will be using Backerkit to handle the Add Ons, which will make this much easier than if I had to do this by hand or via Kickstarter's built in backer survey. Since we are using Backerkit, you can also get more Add Ons once the surveys are sent out, in case you see something that suits your fancy.

@Douif

I will be sharing a picture of the Uncut Sheet in an update. Most likely once we hit the $25,000 Stretch Goal.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

@H

You can just add on the extra $30 for the Full Set to your pledge when you back the project, or change it as needed until the project ends. We will be using Backerkit to handle the Add Ons, which will make this much easier than if I had to do this by hand or via Kickstarter's built in backer survey. Since we are using Backerkit, you can also get more Add Ons once the surveys are sent out, in case you see something that suits your fancy.

@Douif

I will be sharing a picture of the Uncut Sheet in an update. Most likely once we hit the $25,000 Stretch Goal.
    OK, fair enough, I will back soon, I don't have my credit card on me at the moment. Also, didn't realize Greg was involved in the project too, glad to hear he was.

Are there plans for a 3/3 Centaur or a 3/3 Elephant?
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

@H

Yes, with the Stretch Goals, we now have a Centaur and an Elephant in the full set of tokens.

Thanks in advance for the support!

Thread Information