Thread: Teferi's Realm and Choke

Soulless Eldrazi Player
    Aug 2015
    Special place in Hell

Teferi's Realm and Choke

I'm searching for a confirmation of the interaction between Teferi's Realm and Choke.

Let's say I control 3 basic Islands, all tapped, and my opponent controls a Choke. Is there any way to get my Islands to untap?

I say no, with the following logic:
    - If I choose "non-Aura enchantments" in my upkeep for my Realm trigger, the Choke phases out, but then it phases back in on my opponent's untap step and continues to lock down my Islands.
    - If I choose "lands," my lands all phase out, and phase back in, tapped, during my next untap step.

(Choosing "artifacts" and "creatures" are both irrelevant to the situation.)

I'm like 99% sure I have this interaction correct, but there's nothing I can find on the Internet regarding it so I want to make sure.
    Roses are colorless.
    Violets are colorless.
    Everything is nothing.

Jan 2015
    Boston, MA

Re: Teferi's Realm and Choke

Quote Originally Posted by Delvis View Post
    I'm searching for a confirmation of the interaction between Teferi's Realm and Choke.

Let's say I control 3 basic Islands, all tapped, and my opponent controls a Choke. Is there any way to get my Islands to untap?

I say no, with the following logic:
    - If I choose "non-Aura enchantments" in my upkeep for my Realm trigger, the Choke phases out, but then it phases back in on my opponent's untap step and continues to lock down my Islands.
    - If I choose "lands," my lands all phase out, and phase back in, tapped, during my next untap step.

(Choosing "artifacts" and "creatures" are both irrelevant to the situation.)

I'm like 99% sure I have this interaction correct, but there's nothing I can find on the Internet regarding it so I want to make sure.
    You are correct, if you choose to have your lands phase out, they will return to the battlefield tapped. Don't forget that if you chose non-Aura enchantments, your Teferi's Realm will also phase out.

Also, for future reference you can ask a judge anytime on: http://chat.magicjudges.org/mtgrules/

Thread Information