Thread: [Video] MTG Training Grounds - Episode 4, Merfolk vs. ANT

[Video] MTG Training Grounds - Episode 4, Merfolk vs. ANT

New episode of MTG Training Grounds available on the YouTube page! Check it out and if you like the content, leave us comments and subscribe. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/6RVy8FCYlL8

Jul 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: [Video] MTG Training Grounds - Episode 4, Merfolk vs. ANT

I wasn't aware of you guys until now. Nice with some Legacy content!

If I can comment I'd say that I don't think the "Versus" format works very well. The fact that you're making your opponent aware of what you are thinking, even if you try to not say the actual card names aloud is a pretty big detractor from what we can really draw from the actual games. If I had the setup you guys do I would actually just play the matches and then ideally have a 3rd person commenting from another room. If that's not possible I'd actually still prefer to not have audio from the actual games and instead have you two sit and comment on the recorded material afterwards. It would need some pausing probably here and there when a key moment needs discussing, but that would be quite interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nevilshute View Post
    I wasn't aware of you guys until now. Nice with some Legacy content!

If I can comment I'd say that I don't think the "Versus" format works very well. The fact that you're making your opponent aware of what you are thinking, even if you try to not say the actual card names aloud is a pretty big detractor from what we can really draw from the actual games. If I had the setup you guys do I would actually just play the matches and then ideally have a 3rd person commenting from another room. If that's not possible I'd actually still prefer to not have audio from the actual games and instead have you two sit and comment on the recorded material afterwards. It would need some pausing probably here and there when a key moment needs discussing, but that would be quite interesting to me.
    Thanks for the input. We'll look into what we can do to improve the hidden information aspect. We unfortunately cannot do commentary from a 3rd party (at least not yet) but maybe we can figure something else out.

I'll continue to upload videos for everyone interested, should have another two in the next couple days. I hope you all like some brews

Also, check out the footage of our tournament series, the Legacy Tour - Huntsville. The next event is Feb. 13th. I'm not sure we'll be able to stream it live (http://www.twitch.tv/svyelunite/profile), but I almost always get commentary edited footage up within 10 days of the event on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUl..._Z7ipH9Qz36LTA)

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

I did not know about you guys until now, I love watching legacy matches. I'll be sure to subscribe to you guys. :)
    Also keep up with those videos, and good job.

Thread Information