Thread: Living Plane and Containment Priest

Living Plane and Containment Priest

Hi, I'm not sure if this was bought up when Containment Priest was first spoiled, but how does it interact with Living Plane? Does all subsequent lands that are played gets exiled? Any clarification would be much appreciated, thanks.

Jan 2015
    Boston, MA

Re: Living Plane and Containment Priest

Quote Originally Posted by midnightAce View Post
    Hi, I'm not sure if this was bought up when Containment Priest was first spoiled, but how does it interact with Living Plane? Does all subsequent lands that are played gets exiled? Any clarification would be much appreciated, thanks.
    From a nice man in the ask a judge IRC chat:

1. The replacement effect of Containment Priest applies before the land actually comes into play.
    2. The continuous effect from Living Plane does NOT factor into that replacement effect's check per rule #614.12.
    3. So Containment Priest asks "are you a creature?". The land says "no". Containment Priest says "okay" and wanders off, satisfied.
    4. Now you're done with all the replacement effects, so the land comes in, as a 1/1 creature.

So the short answer is, if you have Containment Priest and Living Plane out, lands will enter the battlefield as normal.

Nice card. I assume that Humility and Living Plane together would lead to a lot of 1/1's that are unable to tap for mana?

Thank you very much, skyout, very clear explanation. Now I can see clearly the difference of this compare to Dryad Arbor.
    Nothing witty to say.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post
    Nice card. I assume that Humility and Living Plane together would lead to a lot of 1/1's that are unable to tap for mana?
    Indeed.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post
    It does. I had this happen last year!!!

It was a 2hg game, and it was entirely random that these two cards ended up on the table at the same time. Fun for the first 1/2 hour. Then terribly tedious.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Thread Information