Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadows over Innistrad

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

Re: Shadows over Innistrad

I feel like you can almost guarantee the Liliana reprint. She's a perfect madness enabler.

The only reason I'd suspect she may not is because she's already insanely good, giving her +1 essentially +2 CA is brutal. Then again, because of Madness, you can avoid her +1.. so who knows.

Still it seems ripe for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Flavor text on Structural Distortion reads

"As Zendikar has bled, so will Innistrad.
    As I have ***, so will Sorin."
    - Nahiri

bruizar

Investigate looks like the first step towards contraptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    They just wrote an article yesterday that Liliana of the Veil was too powerful for current Standard, despite not dominating the first time.
    In the article, they actually only said it was too powerful for the Magic 2015 Standard. They didn't explicitly state it's too powerful for current Standard. There's an implication, but Wizards of the Coast has a tendency to imply something, then go against it afterwards and claim "we never explicitly said that."

What's the over/under on investigate cards in affinity?

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Flavor text on Structural Distortion reads

"As Zendikar has bled, so will Innistrad.
    As I have ***, so will Sorin."
    - Nahiri
    See you soon Emrakul

Site Contributor

Feb 2015
    Detroit, MI

Quote Originally Posted by tescrin View Post
    I feel like you can almost guarantee the Liliana reprint. She's a perfect madness enabler.

The only reason I'd suspect she may not is because she's already insanely good, giving her +1 essentially +2 CA is brutal. Then again, because of Madness, you can avoid her +1.. so who knows.

Still it seems ripe for her.
    Not that I really care but is there a precedent for reprinting PWs in expansion sets? Wizards always seemed to use the core sets for this. I don't keep careful track so I could easily be mistaken

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    Builder for 2G, 2/3 or 3/3 and may return a land card from your graveyard to hand upon entering the battlefield.

This is a really interesting card. If we get some good return land cards , and i guess we will since there's a "discard land" theme, mox diamond decks could get much stronger, and again, fetches BOHOO. This is essentially a 3/3 for 2G that return a fetch/wasteland to your hand. It's already borderline playable and it's a common. I know witness exist but this is tomb-mox castable.
    lol wut? tilling treefolk

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by ReAnimator View Post
    I feel like i'm discovering a lot of new imba cards today!

bruizar

Whenever I look at land graveyard recursion I look at Orcish Lumberjack. Some day I'll break you Orc.

Apr 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    [...]
    Liliana of the Veil is an interesting one since it works so well with madness, but they tend to use PWs to advance the story and I think she's old news. I am excited for new madness cards though to play with my Lili set in Modern.
    Liliana is still walking around with the Chainveil. So storywise it fits as far as I know. I hope WotC goes for it. Would be bad to miss this opportunity IMO.

Kind of funny that they essentially made a new threshold that's even more of a pain to keep track of.
    +1
    "Goyfhold"

Smells like there could be a Tarmogoyf reprint possible in that block .. maybe. Who knows? Would be more than about time! But it would also be said, I thought somebody said Tarmogoyf originates from Muraganda.
    Also, Tarmogoyf is said not to be too strong for Standard, but we'll have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    In the article, they actually only said it was too powerful for the Magic 2015 Standard. They didn't explicitly state it's too powerful for current Standard. There's an implication, but Wizards of the Coast has a tendency to imply something, then go against it afterwards and claim "we never explicitly said that."
    +1

--
    So far I'm not really impressed by the spoiled cards.
    The extract effect on Invasive Surgery seems a bit overpowered for just one mana. But since I don't like combo I don't mind that much. ;)
    The Devil tokens with that death trigger seem to be an interesting idea, but probably more for Limited.
    Skulk seems interesting.
    I don't care much for Madness.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

While it's useless for legacy, the 4RR create 5 demons that ping on death at sorcery is seriously some good value for standard formats. I guess we'll get a R instant that make a Devil? That'd be really good with prowess and pyromancer, i'm hoping. I also really like Devils being mechanically red.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Fwiw, I think that someone has already announced that Goyf will not be printed in shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Fwiw, I think that someone has already announced that Goyf will not be printed in shadows
    Didn't WotC say they would never want to reprint goyf in a set that hits Standard, hence the printing in Modern Masters?
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

They might not print Goyf, but they might have a crack at a fixed version. Delirium's asymmetry is a start, and they'll probably make it UG or RG or something.
    "I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. I do not think they will sing to me." -T.S. Eliot

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer Click here to comment

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I could totally see them printing something like this:

Delirium Goyf
    Creature - Lhurgoyf
    Delirium - Delrium Goyf gets +4/+4.
    0/1

Edit: Or something more akin to Sylvan Advocate if they want to push the power level.

Jun 2014
    The Arctic

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    Didn't WotC say they would never want to reprint goyf in a set that hits Standard, hence the printing in Modern Masters?
    Not certain, but it make sense because re-printing Goyf in a Std set would tank the price majorly, and aggravate allot of players and collectors who paid a premium for their (foil) sets. It would also kill one of the major selling points for future Modern Masters sets.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

They stated that they didn't like threshold because it was too swingy... then they print this instead of printing something like Threshold 4 (or a variable number instead of 7 cards to get the bonuses, i think 4 is pretty much what you want , sorta like spell mastery) with moderate bonuses??

The only reason i can think of of why they wanted delirium is that threshold make you want to run 12+ fetches for no good reason but to fuel threshold were delirium want you to play every kind of card in your deck which is more elegant on deckbuilding restriction. The problem is instant-sorcery are two different types which go with land and then you need just 1 more card, which mean this is super good for tempo and so-so in permanent based decks, at least until enchantments remain underpar compared to other things.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by btm10 View Post
    That card is borderline maindeckable as a 1-of in some Delver shells, and completely changes Delver's relationship with cards like Terminus postboard. I've Enveloped a Ponder more than once, and taking all of someone's Ponders in the Delver mirror is far from terrible. Loam? Ancestral Vision ? Sign me up.
    And full information of deck + hand.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Whenever I look at land graveyard recursion I look at Orcish Lumberjack. Some day I'll break you Orc.
    Was used in panda burst. Pandamonium + saproling burst.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Thread Information