Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadows over Innistrad

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Re: Shadows over Innistrad

Madness was pretty sweet the first time around, but most instances of it in Time Spiral were shite. Given the relative boost in creatures since Odyssey - Wild Mongrel was once the two-drop to end all two-drops - I wonder what will constitute playable Madness cards.

In particular, I wonder if they'll push the outlets or if they'll be shitty and make sure that there's a mana cost tied to their activation. There's a reason the next best enabler besides Mongrel was Aquamoeba :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I don't know, but with discard being the main way that you control games in Modern, they could use the space quite well. It would be cool if they printed a card that had to be picked if you used Targeted discard on someone with a cool madness effect. Kind of like hand protection.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Madness was pretty sweet the first time around, but most instances of it in Time Spiral were shite. Given the relative boost in creatures since Odyssey - Wild Mongrel was once the two-drop to end all two-drops - I wonder what will constitute playable Madness cards.

In particular, I wonder if they'll push the outlets or if they'll be shitty and make sure that there's a mana cost tied to their activation. There's a reason the next best enabler besides Mongrel was Aquamoeba :/
    In UG, yes, but Tog had Tog as well as (at least when I was building it) Compulsion. Even with Compulsion costing mana it wasn't bad at all with Obsessive Search or Circular Logic.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post

My money is on a few reprints (as we've already seen with Fiery Temper) on worse, overcosted version of old, popular Madness cards.

Discard with manacosts attached are almost a given with their current design philosophy.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by btm10 View Post
    In UG, yes, but Tog had Tog as well as (at least when I was building it) Compulsion. Even with Compulsion costing mana it wasn't bad at all with Obsessive Search or Circular Logic.
    Well, Tog :/ lol I mean you're not incorrect but Tog wasn't really a Madness deck, it's like saying decks with Dig Through Time are Delve decks, right -- it's incidental.

Aaaanyway, we understand what I'm saying - if not, I'm more or less interested in seeing what a competitive Standard Madness deck ends up looking like. If they actually push Madness instead of having it be a throwaway thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Mindbreaker Demon 2BB
    Creature - Demon
    Flying, trample
    When ~ enters the battlefield, put the top four cards of your library into your graveyard.
    Delirium—At the beginning of your upkeep, you lose 4 life unless there are four or more card types among cards in your graveyard.
    4/5

Would have been a good addition to Demon Stompy, but lately I would rather play Eldrazi Stompy.

Edit -

Also

Warping Wail and Invasive Surgery make for one wicked FU to any sorcery speed combo deck.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

When do they reveal the contents of the accompanying dual deck?

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

The second set of SoI is Eldritch Moon. More Eldrazi comign boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    Eldritch Moon - 2C enchantment that turns all nonbasics into Wastes?

Apr 2011
    Germany

Eldritch Moon is announced to have 205 cards. Uff, small sets are getting bigger and bigger! :/

Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    Next block confirmed to be named "We've Clearly Learned Nothing".

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    Next block confirmed to be named "We've Clearly Learned Nothing".
    I don't know - I like Eldrazi, and they sell well. The biggest issue with the last block IMO was the awful formatting of having lands that produce 1 in set one and then errata them into C in set 2.

Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    and they sell well.
    They sell well because they consistently break the format in a "play or hate" manner. You literally have to buy the product because everything else gets immediately usurped.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    They sell well because they consistently break the format in a "play or hate" manner. You literally have to buy the product because everything else gets immediately usurped.
    Eh, I play draft or legacy - so this is less "break it the format" than - we have a fun new stompy deck that may be competitive in the long term.

Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Eh, I play draft or legacy - so this is less "break it the format" than - we have a fun new stompy deck that may be competitive in the long term.
    "I only pay attention to 35% of the game, so this design is fine on an overall scale."

Also, I'm pretty sure some shit happened with Eldrazi the last time around that resulted in a lot of anguishing cries for a ban of Show and Tell. They will always try to push Eldrazi because they have to. That's the design philosophy of Eldrazi. They're bigger and badder than anything in the universe, and it only serves to accelerate power creep.

All the copies target you.
    Apr 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario

You guys know that "eldritch" is just a word, right? Like, that it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Eldrazi?
    "I'm willing to imagine a TES where Past in Flames replaces Ill-Gotten Gains entirely, and we just don't play Diminishing Returns." - me, 29/09/2011
    Founding member of Team Scrubbad: Legacy Legends

Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by thefringthing View Post
    You guys know that "eldritch" is just a word, right? Like, that it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Eldrazi?
    Dat "Spooky Moon". I'm sure there is potential for it to be something else, but right now I'm bitter about Eldrazi, so it's a fine excuse to vent.

Quote Originally Posted by thefringthing View Post
    I am tired of eldrazi so I hope you are right.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

As for Eldrazi, Hasbro earnings report today said that BFZ was the best selling set of all time. Looks like quality doesn't matter, considering how shitty the set was - somebody will gobble it up anyway.

Given how OGW turned out, I expect another two high Eternal impact sets since Ken Nagle is not only working on SoI, but also EMN (why not EMO? ). Delirium might be the boogeyman this time when cards are pushed and designed only around Standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    As for Eldrazi, Hasbro earnings report today said that BFZ was the best selling set of all time. Looks like quality doesn't matter, considering how shitty the set was - somebody will gobble it up anyway.
    Chalk another win for the Willy Wonka school of marketing !

Thread Information