Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354
Results 1,061 to 1,069 of 1069

Thread: Shadows over Innistrad

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: Shadows over Innistrad

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Not really a true Legacy player yet outside of some Miracles sb application, but Nahiri, the Harbinger has made major waves in Modern in Jeskai and Mardu shells. Nahiri is essentially a one-card combo that is hard to disrupt once resolved. Was at like $13, now up to $35 and climbing.
    She functions a bit differently than the common walkers as she's much worse at protecting herself due to her more conditional kill ability. Thus, she needs a bit more protection. But she also wins the game much faster once she's left on her own.

Haven't heard anything about Mardu shells in Modern, but she sees play in KikiChord.

Wow. And I was disappointed when I cracked Nahiri in my FNM pity pack for going 1-1 drop because it wasn't an Archangel Avacyn.

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Haven't heard anything about Mardu shells in Modern, but she sees play in KikiChord.
    The entire deck is just composed of Nahiri + Liliana, removal spells in PtE and burn, discard spells, and Lingering Souls for value. Maybe a couple draw spells like Wall of Omens or Painful Truths. That said, it does a fantastic job protecting Nahiri. It seems better at doing so than Jeskai, but is far more reliant on ulting Nahiri in the first place.

Win or lose, it begins with...
    Mar 2007
    Milwaukee, WI

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    The entire deck is just composed of Nahiri + Liliana, removal spells in PtE and burn, discard spells, and Lingering Souls for value. Maybe a couple draw spells like Wall of Omens or Painful Truths. That said, it does a fantastic job protecting Nahiri. It seems better at doing so than Jeskai, but is far more reliant on ulting Nahiri in the first place.
    This. Mardu traditionally lacked a finisher that the other grindy midrange decks had, namely Goyf. Nahiri definitely allows Mardu to close games that it normally wouldn't have been able to. It is very much a real deck that people should be aware of in Modern.
    Discussing the impact of True-Name Nemesis on Legacy:

Quote Originally Posted by 2Rach View Post
    And format warping itself isn't necessarily a bad thing for that matter.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Interesting wording on the +2. You have to have a card or she just kinda sits there - unless you want to -2. If it is like a Slow and Tell, how bad is it to even use the -2? Better than just losing, I suppose.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Win or lose, it begins with...
    Mar 2007
    Milwaukee, WI

Yeah, if hellbent, her +2 doesn't do anything besides build loyalty. I do like that it's a "may" for the times that I'm holding a few cards, but all of them are absolute haymakers I don't want to part with.
    Discussing the impact of True-Name Nemesis on Legacy:

Quote Originally Posted by 2Rach View Post
    And format warping itself isn't necessarily a bad thing for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    She's the real deal and the Emrakul kill might be legit enough to see more play in various decks, not just Miracles. I do wonder into which else decks she could go. Painter has already been called. Maybe Aggro Loam since she synergizes extremely well Punishing Fire and Life from the Loam while being on-color? T3 Nahiri via Mox is a T5 kill if left undisrupted.
    Seems super awkward in Loam. Accidentally loaming into an Emrakul and turning your KotR into a 2/2 pud or breaking up the wasteland lock/cycling land thing they do seems bad.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeron View Post
    Accidentally loaming into an Emrakul and turning your KotR into a 2/2 pud or breaking up the wasteland lock/cycling land thing they do seems bad.
    Swap Emrakul for Blightsteel Colossus? Not saying it's good, just that it solves that issue.

Dec 2014
    Philly area

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeron View Post
    Seems super awkward in Loam. Accidentally loaming into an Emrakul and turning your KotR into a 2/2 pud or breaking up the wasteland lock/cycling land thing they do seems bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Swap Emrakul for Blightsteel Colossus? Not saying it's good, just that it solves that issue.
    Dark Confidant becomes a much more exciting proposition with 4, 11, and 15 CMC cards lurking in the library. I suspect that Dark Depths/Thespian's Stage is a more on-plan "oops, I win" combination than Nahiri with Dark Confidant, Loam, and Knight in the deck.

Zombardment, though, now that seems like a place to put in a discard outlet.

Thread Information