Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Official] Bitching about prices. (Modern edition.)

Jun 2014
    The Arctic

Re: [Official] Bitching about prices. (Modern edition.)

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    Which is a factor how if people aren't using it? There's an equal number of Ancient Amphitheaters floating around on the market that see about the same degree of play as Sower of Temptation, but for some reason the Amphitheaters are only $0.89 while the Sowers are $20.

There are stupid prices on cards for little actual reason.
    actually there are more Amphitheatres since it was re-printed in the last commander set.
    As to use, sower does see some Modern play, as well as EDH, while Amphitheatre is pretty much just a EDH tribal giant card.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBasicIsland View Post
    Now let's take a look at a few examples of what happened with the market over the weekend.
    Ironically, Modern is currently dominated by blisteringly fast aggro decks, at least one of which (Eldrazi) is likely to be hit by a banning come April. I even suspect that things won't end there becuase WotC are so trigger-happy. You're probably better off buying a Standard deck and modifying it as needed over a year or so. You'll spend $500 at most and your deck may actually be legal for a longer period of time. Standard isn't perfect, but to me at least, it seems healthier and more interesting than the present state of Modern.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

One of my mates wants to play the deck at GP Melbourne. I am going to have him sell it when he is down there. If this thing stays unbanned I am going to be shocked. I am 8 for 11 in sanctioned games, one of them I lost to a Tron player having the exact triple runner he needed (Even he admitted that) and another to not knowing how to properly play against Affinity the first time I faced it. This is a deck I had never played before Wednesday. It's nuts. I would love to keep playing it, it feels like Shops Lite, but thats not likely so... Yea.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

The colourless Eldrazi deck is basically Modern MUD, which is disgusting imo.

However, when I observed something from wizard over the last couple of years, if the deck does not crush the 3x GP weekend (which I imo doubt atm), it won't see a banning in April but rather 3 months later.

Greetings,
    Kathal

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Kathal View Post
    The colourless Eldrazi deck is basically Modern MUD, which is disgusting imo.

However, when I observed something from wizard over the last couple of years, if the deck does not crush the 3x GP weekend (which I imo doubt atm), it won't see a banning in April but rather 3 months later.

Greetings,
    Kathal
    whatever, wizards wants to sell boosters... expect a ban in 6 month only minimum.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    whatever, wizards wants to sell boosters... expect a ban in 6 month only minimum.
    I second this expected pattern for the only eternal format WotC can still control on both ends (printing and banning). They are not going to ban anything as long as the deck is selling them
    packs
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Mar 2013

I am not as cynical. I would be willing to make a wager than if the deck continues to put up the numbers it is now, it will eat a ban. Example: Treasure Cruise.

Anyone want a wager on this? Because this deck is getting Banned if nothing changes.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Example: Treasure Cruise.
    I doubt that sub-uncommon cards sell post-Legends packs.

Mar 2013

Willing to take a wager on it. If it keeps putting up these numbers, it goes away.

All I'm gonna say is I bought Scalding Tarns at $50 USD, and since Cliques have lost $40 from the last time I saw em, and my final Snapcaster I need for a playset is as low as $60 USD! (:/)

It's a less painful time to be a blue mage's wallet.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Quote Originally Posted by gemeye View Post
    All I'm gonna say is I bought Scalding Tarns at $50 USD, and since Cliques have lost $40 from the last time I saw em, and my final Snapcaster I need for a playset is as low as $60 USD! (:/)

It's a less painful time to be a blue mage's wallet.
    Blue is the worst color in modern and arguably standard.
    MTGO: Ricardio

Nic Fit: legacy's magical EDH deck

I came here to party and resolve prime time triggers.

"Well, I ain't calling you a truther." -Josh

IMGUR:http://ricardio69.imgur.com/all/

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardio View Post
    Blue is the worst color in modern and arguably standard.
    That is why a Ux deck won another Pro Tour

Greetings,
    Kathal
    Last edited by Kathal; 02-19-2016 at 04:36 AM.

Blue and Red are the worst colors in Standard because they don't cast Siege Rhino.

Jul 2013
    Detroit, MI

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Could you explain this to me? How does the dominance of Eldrazi decks in Modern sell boosters?

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    Could you explain this to me? How does the dominance of Eldrazi decks in Modern sell boosters?
    Currently the format is beat them or join them, with about 50% joining them.
    A majority of the cards from the deck are from the most recent (in print) block.
    The 50% of the meta playing Eldrazi compiled their decks because boosters are being opened to find the pieces (either by players, or vendors to sell to players).

Jun 2014
    The Arctic

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Currently the format is beat them or join them, with about 50% joining them.
    A majority of the cards from the deck are from the most recent (in print) block.
    The 50% of the meta playing Eldrazi compiled their decks because boosters are being opened to find the pieces (either by players, or vendors to sell to players).
    If the core of the deck was not mostly from the most recent set, I doubt it would have hit 50% nearly this fast. It take time to build a new deck with cards that have not been printed in a while, as they get lost in collections. But the amount of the eldrazi decks that have been printed in the last year is a bit disturbing, For the UR lists I think Cavern of souls and Steam Vents are the only main deck cards not printed at some point in the last year (ignoring the Steam Vents expedition)

Thread Information