Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Bichon_Blitz View Post
    I'm as pumped to draft this set as I am that I didn't pre-order a box of it. Limited looks fun AF, though I think white looks a little OP.
    I think the power level is just really high in general. Draft elves looks like it will be silly strong too.

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

Quote Originally Posted by ramanujan View Post
    If the set was more loaded, like including port, fluster storm, recruiter, mana drain, Zendikar fetches, and all the other stuff people expected to get, retailers wouldn't sell the set for 10 dollars a pack.
    What makes you think retailers would not sell for more than 10 dollars a pack? From Reddit reports it looks like stores are already charging $50+ for drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bichon_Blitz View Post
    I think the big winner's here are pauper and EDH commander. Maybe they should've changed their marketing/branding for it, I think a lot of people read this as "Legacy Masters", which I don't think that's even a possibility with a reserved list. Better marketing I think by WotC would've fixed this.
    I think it's only because we're on a Legacy forum that people are reading this as Legacy Masters. Every set and every announcement is viewed through the lens of Legacy, not necessarily due to how WOTC marketed it.
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

May 2008
    Des Moines, Iowa, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Plague Sliver View Post
    What makes you think retailers would not sell for more than 10 dollars a pack? From Reddit reports it looks like stores are already charging $50+ for drafts.

I think it's only because we're on a Legacy forum that people are reading this as Legacy Masters. Every set and every announcement is viewed through the lens of Legacy, not necessarily due to how WOTC marketed it.
    You have taken my statement completely out of context. The purpose of my statement was to say that if the set were even more stacked than it is now, prices of sealed packs and boxes would dramatically increase beyond what they are at for the set in its current version. I don't know how that is unclear, but I won't be responding back if you disagree with this statement. I feel I have been clear enough.

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

Quote Originally Posted by ramanujan View Post
    You have taken my statement completely out of context. The purpose of my statement was to say that if the set were even more stacked than it is now, prices of sealed packs and boxes would dramatically increase beyond what they are at for the set in its current version. I don't know how that is unclear, but I won't be responding back if you disagree with this statement. I feel I have been clear enough.
    Got it, thanks, clear now.
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Plague Sliver View Post
    From Reddit reports it looks like stores are already charging $50+ for drafts.
    So really then, this is the second expansion in Commander's Arsenal Block
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

I was thinking of selling off a few Legacy staples that I'm not using - both cards like Tarmogoyf and Snapcaster Mage that aren't among the reprints and also cards like Chrome Mox, Jace and Vindicate that are.

So I wanted to ask you guys, if this is a bad time to sell - for one or both of the groups mentioned above? What did Modern Masters teach us in this regard?

Thanks!

bruizar

foil gamble, foil chain lightning without the ftv foiling, and some other foils are damn nice.

Man of the Bounce
    Apr 2011
    City of Angels

I was thinking how funny it was that they included Worldgorger Dragon alongside Animate Dead. But I don't believe it leads to anything unfortunately.
    WESTCOAST
    DREDGE Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Que View Post
    I was thinking how funny it was that they included Worldgorger Dragon alongside Animate Dead. But I don't believe it leads to anything unfortunately.
    Someone already mentioned that it is a winning combo with either Shaman of the Pack or Goblin Charbelcher.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post
    Someone already mentioned that it is a winning combo with either Shaman of the Pack or Goblin Charbelcher.
    Unless I'm mistaken, it also works with:Mogg War Marshal and Siege-Gang Commander give you a huge army of 1/1's. SGC lets you use your infinite mana and 1/1's to shock your opponent to death.

Stuff like Wall of Omens, Abundant Growth, Baleful Strix or (to an extent) Phyrexian Rager lets you dig until you find your win-con.

There are also some cards (5 of which are lands) that would let you gain 'infinite' life.

Man of the Bounce
    Apr 2011
    City of Angels

Oh snap thats actually a lot more applications than I thought. I was just looking for a filter for the infinite mana that we could generate as opposed to abusing all the various ETB Triggers haha. Good stuff.
    WESTCOAST
    DREDGE Playlist

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, it also works with:Mogg War Marshal and Siege-Gang Commander give you a huge army of 1/1's. SGC lets you use your infinite mana and 1/1's to shock your opponent to death.

Stuff like Wall of Omens, Abundant Growth, Baleful Strix or (to an extent) Phyrexian Rager lets you dig until you find your win-con.

There are also some cards (5 of which are lands) that would let you gain 'infinite' life.
    Just make sure you stack the triggers right with the token guys. ;)

And don't forget, if you're running the draw or life combo plan, you need to either have instant-speed removal or another creature in either graveyard, or else you'll just end the game in a draw (or a loss if you loop with Omens/Strix...XD).

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

I was thinking about this set some. I like the set and I think wotc did a good job of balancing the concerns of collectors with folks buying packs for powerful cards. That's a tightrope act for them, and it is guaranteed to upset people on both sides. It seems to me that at the msrp of $10/pack the set is actually appropriately stocked with goodies. The problem is in the dealers jacking up the price. Let them keep the shit in inventory until they lower the price or deal with their greed. But I just don't see wotc responsible for the scenario when there is an open market deciding on the price we pay.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    The problem is in the dealers jacking up the price. Let them keep the shit in inventory until they lower the price or deal with their greed.
    Yeah, right. Cause obviously sealed product will lose value the longer the dealer's hold on to it.
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

"limited printing' means the price will always be scalped.

Sep 2004
    South Florida

Crimhead, according to your logic, all dealers should buy infinite numbers of boxes.

Phonics, no it does not. A set of all basic lands would not be. Scalping only occurs when demand is high enough. So, the better the set, the higher the scalped price. The better the cards, the higher the price they can charge unless twerps buy product that is not worth the price.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Crimhead, according to your logic, all dealers should buy infinite numbers of boxes.

Phonics, no it does not. A set of all basic lands would not be. Scalping only occurs when demand is high enough. So, the better the set, the higher the scalped price. The better the cards, the higher the price they can charge unless twerps buy product that is not worth the price.
    Saying a limited run of a set of regular basic lands that are already in great supply is disingenuous, since such a product would never exist. However, we can see that in cases where basic lands have been given limited print runs (promos/ apac/ guru/ judge/ ect) that they probably almost unanimously command a higher price than any basic land printing in an actual set (outside of abu and summer if you count that). Consider the arena 2000 land promos, which are worth significantly more than their practically identical mercadian masques counterparts. Both were printed at the same time, with the only difference between them being a slightly smaller 'shooting star' (they are basically indistinguishable unless you are looking for the difference) on the arena version. Limited printing creates exclusivity which in turn creates demand for itself, this is pretty much how mtg cards work. The only time this wouldn't happen is in a set of mono unplayables/ undesireables. FTV: Annihilation is about as close as it has gotten to that.

Sep 2004
    South Florida

Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Saying a limited run of a set of regular basic lands that are already in great supply is disingenuous, since such a product would never exist. However, we can see that in cases where basic lands have been given limited print runs (promos/ apac/ guru/ judge/ ect) that they probably almost unanimously command a higher price than any basic land printing in an actual set (outside of abu and summer if you count that). Consider the arena 2000 land promos, which are worth significantly more than their practically identical mercadian masques counterparts. Both were printed at the same time, with the only difference between them being a slightly smaller 'shooting star' (they are basically indistinguishable unless you are looking for the difference) on the arena version. Limited printing creates exclusivity which in turn creates demand for itself, this is pretty much how mtg cards work. The only time this wouldn't happen is in a set of mono unplayables/ undesireables. FTV: Annihilation is about as close as it has gotten to that.
    Seriously? I hope you did not spend a lot of time typing that report on nothing there. I only said that we should all not buy the product if it is overpriced. Now I want my minute back for reading that paragraph of trite.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Keep it calm.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Seriously? I hope you did not spend a lot of time typing that report on nothing there. I only said that we should all not buy the product if it is overpriced. Now I want my minute back for reading that paragraph of trite.
    I don't understand, I said limited printings end up costing more, you said they don't unless people buy over costed things (which happens so I don't know how this is an argument) and I provided an example. I didn't realize it was possible to be offended so much by wasting time reading a single paragraph that you have to waste yet another precious minute of your time making a reply to remark about how offended you are, I tried to make this reply extra short just for you.

Thread Information