Vatija Mlohavich
    May 2010
    Croatia

Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

So far had a ROI of 3 for every dollar invested. Not bad

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    PTT (Formerly of MTT) - We make Champion

It was an absolute blast to draft though, I got to draft four times and loved it.

Even my wife, who is vey much a novice, did well all four times and much preferred it to either Battle for Zendikar or Shadows of Innistrad draft. They did a great job keeping the majority of the cards pretty simple and fun, and it was well-balanced, and you could do a lot of very-fundamentally-different things.

I don't want packs to move, I want a glut so I have the chance for a few more $35-45 dollar drafts in a few months.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

It's relevant news. Carry on.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Aug 2016
    Charlotte, NC

The last paragraph about booster drafting is an odd push. I know it was designed as a draft set, but there's also a lot of people who would love to draft it that don't want to dish out money for a draft when they're $10/pack.

They better have goyf in there, it's a staple for both legacy and a must have for not blue modern decks.

Same with scm, he's hurting for a reprint along with others.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    They better have goyf in there, it's a staple for both legacy and a must have for not blue modern decks.

Same with scm, he's hurting for a reprint along with others.
    I think you're misunderstand what thread this is
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by RobNC View Post
    The last paragraph about booster drafting is an odd push. I know it was designed as a draft set, but there's also a lot of people who would love to draft it that don't want to dish out money for a draft when they're $10/pack.
    Yeah, I drafted it once and it was amazing. It was one of the only drafts I did all year. If the packs were $4 each, I would have drafted it for months on end it was so much fun. But at $30 or more per draft? No thank you.
    Cockatrice: Bosque

Site Contributor

Feb 2011

I found the draft format incredibly disappointing. I loved the first Modern Masters and was really excited about this as well. Got my hands on two boxes at a reasonable price, but didn't bother opening the second one because the draft format, the games and the value sucked. We did a cube draft afterwards which was just so much more fun (and free!). Really a shame, I was looking forward to drafting this set, but after one bad experience and at the price these packs have, I'm not willing to give it another try just to blow $240 on another mediocre experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Non games are not only a common sight in Legacy, they are every decks plan. [...] Playing a deck like DnT and then complaining about "Non games" is hypocritical, because non games are your plan, you just disapprove of the way someone else is trying to achieve that same goal.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Wonder if it will be made available online
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

To each their own, I thought the draft format was incredible! So many cool strategies and a very deep focus on synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    Wonder if it will be made available online
    They usually put up powered cube over the holidays so that might detract from it a bit, but would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

EMA draft was awesome. Nuff said. Looking forward to it again

Quote Originally Posted by Bosque View Post
    Yeah, I drafted it once and it was amazing. It was one of the only drafts I did all year. If the packs were $4 each, I would have drafted it for months on end it was so much fun. But at $30 or more per draft? No thank you.
    I think, if it had been around $15-20/draft, that would have been the perfect point at which to buy in. That said, I can't help but think that Wizards were trying to exploit the expansion of the playerbase in recent years. EMA is such a great set to draft, wehile also not being completely beholden to the whims of cracking packs.

Thread Information