Thread: Keep or sell a few staples?

Keep or sell a few staples?

So I'm currently building Grixis Pyromancer. I own a Tundra, 2 Rishadan Ports and 1 Karakas. With the way prices have been fluctuating lately would the best bet be to hold what I have or sell what I'm not using to get the Volcs and Trops I need?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Keep or sell a few staples?

Port and karakas are potential reprints in eternal masters so I'd probably look at putting those towards blue duals if you are OK with parting with them.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I will be shocked if Port is reprinted. The Judge Foil was only just released.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch253 View Post
    So I'm currently building Grixis Pyromancer. I own a Tundra, 2 Rishadan Ports and 1 Karakas. With the way prices have been fluctuating lately would the best bet be to hold what I have or sell what I'm not using to get the Volcs and Trops I need?
    Karakas is largely useless outside of Maverick, a 1-of in some Miracles builds (and hotly debated against), and D&T (but you need 2-4; 2 being bad IMO.)
    Ports are largely useless outside of D&T or Lands. You're probably not building Lands, so I'd sell those unless you're taking a loss (then you might hold to see if there's a bump.)

I'd keep the Tundra so you can still splash White in your blue decks. You might even want it in your sideboard for hatebears. (A la Shardless)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

So?

Port is among the rumored cards that are often cited to be reprinted, alongside Wasteland (confirmed) and Karakas.

Spoiler season for EMA going to be fun!

More on topic though, I'd trade the stuff you have for the things you want to play. The blue duals aren't going to get cheaper anytime soon, so trading everything you've listed towards Volcanic Islands and Underground Seas is likely a good move, particularly since Karakas and Port are both possible reprints in EMA.
    Cockatrice: Bosque

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    So?

Port is among the rumored cards that are often cited to be reprinted, alongside Wasteland (confirmed) and Karakas.
    Based on price, port and karakas would be mythic, but since it is supposed to be a draft set, would that actually happen?

If I recall correctly they printed a Jude Promo of Survival of the Fittest right around the time SotF was banned. I wouldn't put too much stock in what they print as Judge promos.
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

Apr 2011
    South Jersey

I'd dump Karakas. I just sold both my English Legends versions on eBay now too long ago. I can't see how that card is still holding such a high value.
    Legacy deck of choice: Enchantress

bruizar

I have 4 foil masques ports. I'm holding on to them as I don't think reprints will make the price come down for original foils too much.

Any thoughts on keeping or selling LotV?

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Quote Originally Posted by Ltj999 View Post
    Um sell? Who wants to buy that? Reprint killed any value it had, but what are the specs on it? Rus foil DIS is a keeper.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Ltj999 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snorlaxcom View Post
    Um sell? Who wants to buy that? Reprint killed any value it had, but what are the specs on it? Rus foil DIS is a keeper.
    I'm pretty sure he means Liliana of the Veil, not Leyline of the Void.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    I'm pretty sure he means Liliana of the Veil, not Leyline of the Void.
    Lol yes, I certainly do mean Liliana of the Veil.

Soo, any thoughts on keeping or selling her?

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

Liliana will likely be reprinted sometime in the next year or so, probably MM3 at the latest. I'd hold onto that one at your own risk.
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

Thread Information