Thread: Link to the Official Reserved List?

Jul 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Link to the Official Reserved List?

It might just be my feeble google skills or it might just be wotc's famous ineptitude at running a website, but I can't find an updated list (or any list, really) of the reserved list. Google gives me this link: http://magic.wizards.com/go/magazine.../reprintpolicy

In google it reads as "Official Reprint Policy : Daily MTG : Magic: The Gathering" but as you can see it's a dead end.

I can find a list on mtg-wiki but I'm looking for the official wotc list which, surely, must be there. Anyone able to help?

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Re: Link to the Official Reserved List?

The link has been down for quite some time.

That said it exists as an archive on the mtg site, which is probably fine since it isn't subject to updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Jul 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    The link has been down for quite some time.

That said it exists as an archive on the mtg site, which is probably fine since it isn't subject to updates.
    On Google the link above looks to take you to an archive page, but instead it dead-ends.

Feels a bit unsettling to not be able to find any official list anywhere.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Site Contributor

Feb 2015
    Detroit, MI

I wonder why this is not posted on their official site.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
    I wonder why this is not posted on their official site.
    It's a known issue, they migrated servers, and as a result a bunch of older pages got disconnected, RL among them. They've tweeted about it in the past, it's in a thread on the Source here somewhere. So no larger conspiracy than usual guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Jun 2015
    Broomfield, CO

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    It's a known issue, they migrated servers, and as a result a bunch of older pages got disconnected, RL among them. They've tweeted about it in the past, it's in a thread on the Source here somewhere. So no larger conspiracy than usual guys.
    Except they also announced conspiracy 2 today, so there is a way larger conspiracy than normal...

Jun 2014
    The Arctic

I keep thinking there is an option in Gatherer to extract the reserved list.

blocked at work or I would double check.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by sjmcc13 View Post
    I keep thinking there is an option in Gatherer to extract the reserved list.

blocked at work or I would double check.
    Some search engines have it but Gatherer is not one if them.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Dec 2015
    NB, Canada

I don't know much about the Reserved List but I'm curious about one thing. I heard they modified it once (or maybe twice) in the past already. What was their reasoning, and how do we know they won't be changing it again? It seems a bit ridiculous to me to have a list of cards that you promise never to reprint if you can just change the list at any time. Sounds almost too much like a loophole.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious Insanity View Post
    I don't know much about the Reserved List but I'm curious about one thing. I heard they modified it once (or maybe twice) in the past already. What was their reasoning, and how do we know they won't be changing it again? It seems a bit ridiculous to me to have a list of cards that you promise never to reprint if you can just change the list at any time. Sounds almost too much like a loophole.
    Scroll up a bit on the previous wiki page to here: http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Reserved_List#History

tl;dr - the two major revisions were 2002 (Masques) when the decided nothing new was going on the list and 2010 when they removed the "foil loophole" that allowed them to reprint cards like Mox Diamond as foils.

As far as I understand, the RL has only ever been modified to make it more restrictive, not less.
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    Scroll up a bit on the previous wiki page to here: http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Reserved_List#History

tl;dr - the two major revisions were 2002 (Masques) when the decided nothing new was going on the list and 2010 when they removed the "foil loophole" that allowed them to reprint cards like Mox Diamond as foils.

As far as I understand, the RL has only ever been modified to make it more restrictive, not less.
    No, they've actually removed some cards from it. For example, Clone used to be on it; it was taken off when they took all non-Rares from Alpha off in 2002 or so.

EDIT: Here's the link of them announcing this change:
    http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...icy-2002-07-19

"Commons and uncommons from Limited Edition (Alpha and Beta) were removed from the reserved list due to overwhelming public support for this change."

Of course, at the same time they removed those, they added on a bunch of Rares from earlier sets, so it got harsher while it also got more lenient... but the fact remains, they straight up removed cards from the list.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    No, they've actually removed some cards from it. For example, Clone used to be on it; it was taken off when they took all non-Rares from Alpha off in 2002 or so.

"...due to overwhelming public support for this change."
    *facepalm*

Dec 2015
    NB, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post

EDIT: Here's the link of them announcing this change:
    http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...icy-2002-07-19

"Commons and uncommons from Limited Edition (Alpha and Beta) were removed from the reserved list due to overwhelming public support for this change."

Of course, at the same time they removed those, they added on a bunch of Rares from earlier sets, so it got harsher while it also got more lenient... but the fact remains, they straight up removed cards from the list.
    Ah, that's what I was looking for, thanks!

Thread Information