Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy: Take the Crown

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: Conspiracy: Take the Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    A single one can rebuild an army due to grab Flickerwisp --> flicker it --> grab another Flickerwisp --> etc.

Imperial Recruiter was already good against Miracles by chaining 1/1s. This one can chain 3/1 flyers...
    Jup. Thats what I was hinting at
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Here is a short list of random cards that new recruiter can get, that the old recruiter couldn't get, 3 CMC or below (plus evoke type cards) that may be interesting:

Boon Satyr
    Matter Reshaper
    Spirit of the Labyrinth
    Tireless Tracker
    Troll Ascetic
    True-Name Nemesis
    Shriekmaw
    Vendilion Clique
    Flickerwisp
    Kitchen Finks
    Asylum Visitor
    Bloodbraid Elf
    Spitebellows

Jul 2013
    Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Cambriel View Post
    That's how Aluren works. It used Dreamstalker previously, since it was harder to kill. You need a blue card to bounce for Harpy.

Aluren seems like it could probably adapt for this. I'm still irritated as hell that it doesn't support Painter, but oh well. Can't have everything.
    Ok I just did a quick check of replacements for Dream Stalker and I think they exist. (Shrieking Drake, Keymaster Rogue [nm 4 cmc]). Does the deck function that way other than getting these guys Bolted with the ability on the stack?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Since it doesn't force red like Imperial does, it also opens up other ways to splash:

Green has access to Noble Hierarch to power it out faster. KotR and Pridemage are the most important targets. Reclamation Sage is also nice to have in the board, as is Gaddock Teeg somewhere in the 75.

Blue has V. Clique, TNN (both very blue heavy), Meddling Mage, Geist of Saint Traft.

Black has Bob, Tidehollow Sculler and Orzhov Pontiff. It also grabs Shriekmaw or those 3/1 all players sac a creature Zombies for .

Spirit of the Labyrinth is an interesting one, I think. Now you don't need Enlightened Tutor to find your bad-in-multiples silver bullet, but you can side in Tutors and/or extra copies if you really want it.

This can also find Notion Thief, though that's less good since Thief's main value is in the gotcha.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Not sure how useful a 3 CMC tutor would be though for finding your Storm hate.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

@Barook. . . yeah - looking at the above list I made, other than Shiekmaw, Flickerwisp, TNN and Clique (maybe Spirit), there aren't that many great new targets . . . . I mean those 4/5 cards may be enough to make this card worth it, but the true stregnth of this card is that it opens up tutoring for previous targets in non-red decks.

Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Ok I just did a quick check of replacements for Dream Stalker and I think they exist. (Shrieking Drake, Keymaster Rogue). Does the deck function that way other than getting these guys Bolted with the ability on the stack?
    There are replacements, sure. Being Bolted wasn't really the issue. The combo itself is pretty resilient. Dream Stalker was just incrementally better. Might as well get a 1/5 over a 1/1 if you can.

Aluren may end up marginally improved by this. It's hard to say. There's a lot of interesting sideboard applications if you can splash white heavily enough. It's still a sorcery speed combo deck until the turn you go off, so I doubt it affects how often you end up seeing it. If someone places highly, you can count on Aluren jumping up into the played tier of reserve list pricing.

Jun 2015
    NYC

Not sure how useful a 3 CMC tutor would be though for finding your Storm hate.
    It's very strong when your other option is topdecking it.

On the play t1 Vial into t3 tutor lets you get a Thalia before their t3.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I am more worried about this into new Thalia. That card fucks me so hard. Its really hard to play with 40% of your deck gets the tag "ETB Tapped".
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

There's potential for dopey double combo decks..

4 Imperial Recruiter
    4 Recruiter of the Guard
    4 Food Chain
    4 Aluren

1 Man-o-War
    1 Cavern Harpy
    1 Parasitic Strix

1 Kiki-Jiki Mirror Breaker
    1 Lightning Crafter

May 2013
    Paris, France

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Here is a short list of random cards that new recruiter can get, that the old recruiter couldn't get, 3 CMC or below (plus evoke type cards) that may be interesting:

Boon Satyr
    Matter Reshaper
    Spirit of the Labyrinth
    Tireless Tracker
    Troll Ascetic
    True-Name Nemesis
    Shriekmaw
    Vendilion Clique
    Flickerwisp
    Kitchen Finks
    Asylum Visitor
    Bloodbraid Elf
    Spitebellows
    +
    Ranger of eos
    Melira
    Spike Feeder
    Viscera Seer
    Karmic Guide

Etc...

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
    +
    Ranger of eos
    Melira
    Spike Feeder
    Viscera Seer
    Karmic Guide

Etc...
    I mean. . . sure, but none of those cards meet the criteria of that list, which wasn't cards this could tutor up, but cards that the old recuriter couldn't and yet were 3cmc or below or could be cast another way for 3cmc or below

A single one can rebuild an army due to grab Flickerwisp --> flicker it --> grab another Flickerwisp --> etc.

Imperial Recruiter was already good against Miracles by chaining 1/1s. This one can chain 3/1 flyers...
    If you're playing the right colors (or a vial) it could fetch Grenzo after a terminus too.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    If you're playing the right colors (or a vial) it could fetch Grenzo after a terminus too.
    Mardu and "right colors" don't go into the same sentence.

The strenght of the card is being a) mono-white and b) being able to grab some stuff Imperial couldn't. I don't see a reason to run Grenzo when this alone can already rebuild an army of Flickerwisps all by itself.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Mardu and "right colors" don't go into the same sentence.

The strenght of the card is being a) mono-white and b) being able to grab some stuff Imperial couldn't. I don't see a reason to run Grenzo when this alone can already rebuild an army of Flickerwisps all by itself.
    Not to mention fetching Grenzo after a Terminus would defeat the whole point, since you'd shuffle and have nothing on the bottom. Grenzo is terrible, just use Recriuter to find good creatures.

I do wonder if this might somehow make Ranger of Eos somehow playable. That card is a heck of an engine in and of itself, but I doubt if it costing 4 can be overcome. It would be pretty sweet versus Miracles though.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Jul 2008
    Seattle, WA

It's too bad you can't fetch Enlistment Officer for a more goblins style soldier deck seeing as how this new recruiter is very close to Goblin Matron.
    It would take Death and Taxes from tax/equipment/vial to tax/swarm/vial.

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

Up to $30 now at SCG.
    With Ben's teaser I think I'll have to buy a box now and spin the wheel!
    Damn you Wizards!!
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    Be a part of the magic! OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

I feel like it should be more of a 10-15 dollar card. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

I feel like the non-yoyo Big 4 will be Miracles/Grixis Tempo/Eldrazi/D&T for the time being. I know, I'm ballsy.

Thread Information