Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy: Take the Crown

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: New set announced - "Conspiracy: The Reign of Brago"

I love you guys.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Judgy Curmudgeon
    Feb 2006

I mean, I'm as excited as the next guy about new cards in Legacy (and the random reprints in foil) but...

How many different products are they going to try to make stores keep track of? It's bad enough that boxes of the previous set die on the shelves when the new one comes out, but supplemental product is even worse. It's super popular, then it's not popular, then 2 years later it's insanely valuable, unless they've reprinted the 2 cards everyone wants twice again already.
    Check out my Legacy UBTezz Primer. Chalice of the Void: Keeping Magic Fair.
    -----
    Playing since '96. Brief forced break '02-04. Former/Idle Judge since '05. Told Smmenen to play faster at Vintage Worlds.
    -----
    Most of the 'Ban brainstorm!' arguments are based on the logic that 'more different cards should get played in Legacy', as though the success or health of the format can be measured by the portion of cards that are available and see play. This is an idiotic metric.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Cartesian View Post
    My first thought:
    The Legacy banned list will be expanded with 13 new completely irrelevant draft cards... Again.
    Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    The worst part about this is how the Legacy and Vintage Banned list will now have about 183* cards on it, for no real reason.

Could they please, please, please just make a blanket "All card woth the Conspiracy-type are banned in Legacy and Vintage."

*Not the actual correct number, I'm just saying it's way too many and unnecessary to list them all.
    This is my single wish list from the set as well. By my count, Conspiracies make up 17% of the current banned list. If they add the same number of conspiracies, that number will go up to ~30% :/

Alternatively, I'd really like it if the list was at least organized. Something like:

Ante Cards
    list
    Conspiracy Cards
    list
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    This is my single wish list from the set as well. By my count, Conspiracies make up 17% of the current banned list. If they add the same number of conspiracies, that number will go up to ~30% :/

Alternatively, I'd really like it if the list was at least organized. Something like:

Ante Cards
    list
    Conspiracy Cards
    list
    Yeah, I mean, we know what is on the list, because we've been around the block a few times. However, for newer players it's just obnoxious. At the very least it should be separated like you said.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Cool, a special product that's actually affordable and stands a chance of actually reducing the price of some cards.

I'm already much more excited for this than Eternal Moneygrabsters.

Soulless Eldrazi Player
    Aug 2015
    Special place in Hell

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaican Zombie Legend View Post
    Cool, a special product that's actually affordable and stands a chance of actually reducing the price of some cards.

I'm already much more excited for this than Eternal Moneygrabsters.
    This, plus the fact that they can print brand new cards in Conspiracy that go directly into the Eternal card pool without passing Go or collecting $200 (unless they're foil Japanese mythics or something).

I hope the draft format is less broken this time around. I know a lot of people enjoyed it, and the mechanics were actually pretty cool, but after drafting the set twice I knew I'd never do it again. Conspiracies were just unreal good - I had an opponent start with Double Stroke and he had drafted like 8 Tyrant's Choice. He burned everyone out on turn 4 or 5.

Now, is that sweet? Yeah. But it made for some really not-fun draft games.
    Roses are colorless.
    Violets are colorless.
    Everything is nothing.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    But not to Bolt. Thing is a Modern champion.
    Bolt isn't good in modern anymore. Didn't you get the memo?

Dies to Dismember.

*This is also the only place where it's downright expected to dislike something, just because they are Wotc. Conspiracy have been considered one of the most fun draft sets in recent history, yet people here complain because they aren't the target audience. Nice mates, lighten up.

**Pillerfield Ox is also amazing. Please notice the flavor text on it.

Feb 2016
    Maryland

Man they really missed out on a sweet title. Announcing Conspiracy 2: The Electric Bugaloo!

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Delvis View Post
    I hope the draft format is less broken this time around. I know a lot of people enjoyed it, and the mechanics were actually pretty cool, but after drafting the set twice I knew I'd never do it again. Conspiracies were just unreal good - I had an opponent start with Double Stroke and he had drafted like 8 Tyrant's Choice. He burned everyone out on turn 4 or 5.

Now, is that sweet? Yeah. But it made for some really not-fun draft games.
    Wasn't Conspiracy supposed to be drafted in pods of 8 and then broken into two 4-player-free-for-all games? The Double Stroke / Tyrant's Choice strategy is pretty terrible if the table votes 'death' over 'torture'... I think you were doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Delvis View Post
    This, plus the fact that they can print brand new cards in Conspiracy that go directly into the Eternal card pool without passing Go or collecting $200 (unless they're foil Japanese mythics or something).
    Totally forgot about this, which makes this release all the better. They've actually been doing a decent job printing interesting, if not overly powerful, non-Blue cards in supplemental products. Maybe one will finally break through.

Very glad Wizards made a product for normal players this summer. Screw the Masters sets.

Conspiracy 1 was sweet and had good reprints. I'm sure we can expect more of the same from the second one. Good stuff.
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

Do you have a moment to talk about Primeval Titan?

May 2013
    Canada, eh

I wonder how wotc will decide what to reprint in EMA and CNS2.

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Quote Originally Posted by barcode View Post
    I wonder how wotc will decide what to reprint in EMA and CNS2.
    Scene 1: (non-RL)staple card XXXX is confirmed not included in EMA.

Scene 2: card XXXX's price skyrocketed.

Scene 3: rumor says card XXXX would be reprinted in CNS2.
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Man they really missed out on a sweet title. Announcing Conspiracy 2: The Electric Bugaloo!
    Conspiracy 2: Electric Brago-loo

Apr 2011
    Germany

A second eternal reprint set? (I don't care much about the few new cards that will be in that conspiracy X set.)
    WotC just announced 3 sets in a row, plus that duel deck. I think that is a bit too much. They keep spamming that stuff out there so fast that you don't have time to collect or play.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by joven View Post
    A second eternal reprint set? (I don't care much about the few new cards that will be in that conspiracy X set.)
    WotC just announced 3 sets in a row, plus that duel deck. I think that is a bit too much. They keep spamming that stuff out there so fast that you don't have time to collect or play.
    I assume they figured out how to spread product between their different audiences more effectively. That would certainly explain two summer sets - EMA for the spikes, Bragaloo 2 for the more casual groups.

Apr 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I assume they figured out how to spread product between their different audiences more effectively. That would certainly explain two summer sets - EMA for the spikes, Bragaloo 2 for the more casual groups.
    I think there are a lot of magic players out there that are into more than one or two formats. It is getting increasingly hard to keep up when you want to get somewhere in Legacy or Modern plus a bit of Standard and still collect cards for Highlander/Commander and other casual decks.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...g-conspiracy-2

Set re-announced. The king is murdered. Set is not 221 cards, but 220.
    Jedi mind tricks...
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...g-conspiracy-2

Set re-announced. The king is murdered. Set is not 221 cards, but 220.
    Jedi mind tricks...
    I thought it was pretty funny.

About the different audience non-sense... Well that would make sense if they don't put any solid reprints or legacy caliber cards in Conspiracy 2... but somehow I think they want to sell those packs...

Nov 2014
    Italy

This gives me hope for Conspiracy 3: the adventures of Bayou Billy.
    (The only set where they will say "fuck it" and reprint Bayou)

Inviato dal mio LG-D605 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by clavio View Post
    Brainstorm is easy to play

Thread Information