Thread: [EDH] Nebuchadnezzar

May 2011
    Albany, NY

[EDH] Nebuchadnezzar

Here it is, my latest project: Nebuchadnezzar. I've been sort of burning out on finishing deck ideas lately, so I decided I'd give this whole 93/94 thing a shot and limit myself to only cards printed from Alpha - Alliances. I almost added in Mirage block because Ice Age and Mirage were where I really got my start, but I decided to give this a shot for now. The list isn't 100% what I want it to be, and there's a hell of a lot of white bordered cards in it due to the absurd prices on random stuff lately and what I had on hand...but I'm hoping that over time I'll be able to pick up some better stuff. There's also a bunch of cards I'd love to play that are way out of my current budget (see list at the end). Without further adieu, the list:

Commander:
    Nebuchadnezzar

Creatures:
    Air Elemental
    Clone
    Hypnotic Specter
    Living Wall
    Mahamoti Djinn
    Prodigal Sorcerer
    Royal Assassin
    Seasinger
    Sengir Vampire
    Sorceress Queen
    Time Elemental
    Vesuvan Doppelganger
    Wall of Bone

Instants:
    Arcane Denial
    Boomerang
    Brainstorm
    Counterspell
    Dark Banishing
    Hurkyl's Recall
    Lat-Nam's Legacy
    Lim-Dul's Vault
    Memory Lapse
    Power Sink
    Ray of Command
    Terror
    Unsummon

Sorcery:
    Ashes to Ashes
    Braingeyser
    Demonic Tutor
    Library of Lat-Nam
    Mind Twist
    Portent
    Recall
    Reconstruction

Artifact:
    Basalt Monolith
    Bottle of Suleiman
    Fellwar Stone
    Howling Mine
    Icy Manipulator
    Ivory Tower
    Jalum Tome
    Library of Leng
    Mana Vault
    Nevinyrral's Disk
    Rocket Launcher
    Sol Ring
    Tawnos's Coffin
    Tormod's Crypt

Enchantments:
    Animate Dead
    Binding Grasp
    Control Magic
    Dance of Many
    Dance of the Dead
    Flood
    Greed
    Mystic Remora
    Necropotence
    Pestilence
    Power Artifact
    Steal Artifact
    Zur's Weirding

Lands:
    City of Brass
    Glacial Chasm
    Mishra's Factory
    Snow-Covered Island
    Snow-Covered Swamp
    Soldevi Excavations
    Strip Mine
    Underground River
    Urborg
    16 Island
    13 Swamp

The main plan here is to assemble Basalt Monolith, Power Artifact and either Rocket Launcher or Braingeyser to kill the table. Plan B is winning with Mahamoti Djinn and friends. I'm sure it'll be hard to pull off and very inconsistent, but hey, this is EDH after all. I've also got a couple of clones and control magic type cards which may randomly get me there depending on the quality of my opponent's decks.

I might end up adding Mirage block in eventually too as that gets me access to Vampiric Tutor and Mystical Tutor among other things.

Stuff I'd Play if I could Afford It:
    Force of Will
    Guardian Beast
    Mana Drain
    Underground Sea
    Timetwister
    Diamond Valley
    Transmute Artifact

Re: [EDH] Nebuchadnezzar

I don't really have much to add, but I'm mostly posting for moral support. The concept of running period friendly Commander decks appeals to me greatly from a stylistic point of view. The only thing keeping me from making one of my own is the fact that it would get owned at my lgs. In a perfect world, it would be great to rock them against other like decks.

May 2011
    Albany, NY

Re: [EDH] Nebuchadnezzar

Quote Originally Posted by Phreshdawg View Post
    I don't really have much to add, but I'm mostly posting for moral support. The concept of running period friendly Commander decks appeals to me greatly from a stylistic point of view. The only thing keeping me from making one of my own is the fact that it would get owned at my lgs. In a perfect world, it would be great to rock them against other like decks.
    Thanks for the support. My meta is somewhat casual, so I should be OK with this pile in most games. I have plenty of other decks to play should I feel the desire to win, too. This is mostly just a fun little project to see if I can get there with 99 "bad" cards when everyone else is playing "good" cards. Not to mention a healthy dose of nostalgia.

Thread Information