Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: From the Vault: Lore

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: From the Vault: Lore

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Congrats.
    Thanks, number 6 and so should complete our playset+EDH+Cube versions of children. (Plus the minivan will be full.)

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumC View Post
    I wholeheartedly support people jacking up the price of a product that no one needs for any competitive format. This is where the pimp money should stay.

Now, if we could just keep that pimp money away from dual lands...
    I just collect one of each FTV (except 20, I got 4 of those), all I am missing was Dragons (because I wasn't really paying attention when it came out).
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Begle1 View Post
    I didn't realize there was "lore" behind Beseech the Queen, Cabal Ritual and Phyrexian Processor?
    It's called "asspulls".

At least Cabal Ritual was nifty.

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

Nothing really spicey price wise, but a cool list of cards. Unmask, depths, Jitte and Cabal Ritual are cool to see. Dig the art of cabal ritual.
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Feb 2012
    Tienen

Quote Originally Posted by Crimhead View Post
    No Teferi's Isle I guess. :(

In many ways the heart and soul of this game died with Time Spiral block.
    The last decent block. Ever since then, we got some good cards, and a whole lot of flavourless nonsense.

These are sold in MTGO right? Isn't Unmask really expensive on there and this could help out?

I'm not saying I'm super wowed by this, but in paper this does seem nifty enough for EDH players and Marit Lage token is nice as well.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Not that it's surprising, but lol no Rishadan Port in a FTV about Lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Quote Originally Posted by Begle1 View Post
    I didn't realize there was "lore" behind Beseech the Queen, Cabal Ritual and Phyrexian Processor?
    Phyrexian Processor ties in nominally to Xantcha, Urza's Phyrexian companion during the events of Saga and some of Legacy. They were used to grow newts, uncompleated Phyrexians, and later to grow sleeper agents for the purpose of infiltrating and corrupting worlds with useful resources.

Cabal Ritual I suspect is just there as a nod to the Cabal, one of the main story line drivers of the Odyssey and Onslaught blocks. Braids is banned in Commander and not particularly playable elsewhere, Cabal Patriarch doesn't even rustle the jimmies of EDH players, and Chainer, Dementia Summoner is an okay-ish EDH card. Most other Cabal-y cards are forgettable or have been reprinted. Ritual at least is exciting to Legacy and Vintage Storm players.

I'm kind of puzzled by Beseech the Queen too. Oona was the antagonist in both Lorwyn and Shadowmoor, and the causative agent for the Great Aurora going off during that time (also, coincidentally, when Nissa was on the plane during her initial planeswalk). Oona herself was reprinted in FTV: Legends, and there aren't tons of direct references to her that don't show something else, so I guess it was this or just skip over LRW/SHM.

Wasn't Ashling the primary character from Lorwyn/ Shadowmoor?
    Was Gaddock Teeg not really involved? Or Nath, or Colfenor?

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Set looks like ass, and the way these foils curve out when exposed to air they should really be called FTV: Pringles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Set looks like ass, and the way these foils curve out when exposed to air they should really be called FTV: Pringles
    Man, this may be the best burn I've ever heard. FTV: Pringles. Bravo, bravo. It's so true!

Maybe they fixed the foiling process. Did FTV: Angels have the warping issue?

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Just 1-2 weeks ago, Aaaron Forsythe asked on Twitter about how we've been liking the current FTV foiling process. The responses have been overwhelmingly negative. He then asked why exactly why didn't like it and the answers were divided between curling and "looking cheap".
    Last edited by Julian23; 08-02-2016 at 11:57 AM.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Just 1-2 weeks ago, Aarcon Forsythe asked on Twitter about how we've been liking the current FTV foiling process. The responses have been overwhelmingly negative. He then asked why exactly why didn't like it and the answers were divided between curling and "looking cheap".
    Always good to solicit customer feedback after making the same shitty mistake a dozen+ times with another set already printed

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Just 1-2 weeks ago, Aarcon Forsythe asked on Twitter about how we've been liking the current FTV foiling process. The responses have been overwhelmingly negative. He then asked why exactly why didn't like it and the answers were divided between curling and "looking cheap".
    A decade of FtV sets later, they ASK for feedback? Wasn't years of negative Feedback in Social medias enough for them to realize there is something wrong? Do they even care?

And the last question being the most important one: Is that ther usual reaction speed to complaints? Maybe they ask for Reserved List Feedback in 5 years then
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    You sir are a master. You win the internets today.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Oct 2005
    Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Arschmann View Post
    Maybe they fixed the foiling process. Did FTV: Angels have the warping issue?
    As a person who personally purchased FTV-Angels, I felt horrified upon opening the package and seeing the cards curled into a U shape.

You wanna talk about looking like Ass? That Cabal Ritual art is ass. I mean, it's a fine piece of art, but it doesn't even hold a candle to THIS:

The contrast, the thickness and depth of the exaggerated whirlwind coming out of the cup, creamy like soft-serve ice cream. Soft-serve Darkness?

Quote Originally Posted by Wynk View Post
    As a person who personally purchased FTV-Angels, I felt horrified upon opening the package and seeing the cards curled into a U shape.
    Is there some particular reason why they use a different foiling process for FTV sets? I mean, the regular set foils work fine. The FTV cards appear to have a polymer layer or something on top that makes them smoother and shiner and, obviously, reacts differently to changes in temperature and/or moisture and/or pressure than the back of the card -- hence the curling.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Beseech the Queen
    Conflux
    Glissa, the Traitor
    Memnarch
    Mind's Desire (New Art)
    Momir Vig, Simic Visionary (New Art)
    Near-Death Experience
    Obliterate
    Phyrexian Processer
    Unmask
    Do any of these cards actually matter?
    I mean, maybe a couple of them above see regular play, like Unmask, but there's not exactly a long list of people asking for a foil version of it.
    Disappointing....

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by slave View Post
    Do any of these cards actually matter?
    I mean, maybe a couple of them above see regular play, like Unmask, but there's not exactly a long list of people asking for a foil version of it.
    Disappointing....
    I can't speak for Commander, but I agree in general. FtV are sets to reprint old, obscure cards in foil like Smokestack. Printing Beseech the Queen, Glissa or Mormir instead of stuff like Imperial Seal, Loyal Retainers, Grim Tutor or whatever old cards with a certain demand are around, is beyond me
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I can't speak for Commander, but I agree in general. FtV are sets to reprint old, obscure cards in foil like Smokestack. Printing Beseech the Queen, Glissa or Mormir instead of stuff like Imperial Seal, Loyal Retainers, Grim Tutor or whatever old cards with a certain demand are around, is beyond me
    They cant just reprint imperial Seal, a 400€ card. I mean they could but... but yah whatever -.-
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Thread Information