Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Results 301 to 316 of 316

Thread: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp

  1. #301

    Re: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp

    This list 5-0ed at a big mtgo tourney. Karn looks like it has potential...

    Eldrazi Post
    Creatures (13)
    3 Walking Ballista xx 45.03
    4 Thought-Knot Seer 3c 30.40
    4 Endbringer 5c 2.44
    2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger 10 79.68
    Planeswalkers (5)
    4 Karn, the Great Creator 4 39.56
    1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon 8 75.35
    Spells (2)
    2 All Is Dust 7 13.64
    Artifacts (14)
    4 Chalice of the Void xx 260.00
    2 Voltaic Key 1 2.48
    4 Grim Monolith 2 442.16
    4 Thran Dynamo 4 22.92
    Lands (26)
    4 Ancient Tomb 96.12
    4 Cloudpost 2.84
    4 Eldrazi Temple 32.04
    3 Eye of Ugin 23.97
    4 Glimmerpost 0.80
    4 Thespian's Stage 9.80
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth 14.99
    2 Wastes 1.34

    Sideboard (15)
    1 Tormod's Crypt 0 0.69
    1 Walking Ballista xx 15.01
    2 Warping Wail 1c 0.98
    2 Ensnaring Bridge 3 90.80
    1 Oblivion Stone 3 7.56
    1 Trinisphere 3 31.13
    4 Leyline of the Void 2bb 198.84
    1 Ravenous Trap 2bb 3.48
    1 Mycosynth Lattice 6 36.95
    1 Wurmcoil Engine 6 26.19

    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/tourname...19-05-04#paper

    And this 5-0 list is crazy spicy...

    Creatures (3)
    3 Walking Ballista xx 45.00
    Planeswalkers (14)
    4 Karn, Scion of Urza 4 76.00
    4 Karn, the Great Creator 4 39.80
    3 Ugin, the Ineffable 6 20.82
    3 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon 8 226.41
    Artifacts (18)
    4 Chalice of the Void xx 270.60
    2 Voltaic Key 1 2.48
    4 Grim Monolith 2 480.00
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass 2 2.99
    3 Trinisphere 3 91.89
    4 Thran Dynamo 4 22.80
    Lands (25)
    4 Ancient Tomb 96.00
    4 Blast Zone 31.92
    1 City of Traitors 210.00
    4 Cloudpost 2.84
    4 Glimmerpost 0.80
    1 Karakas 20.91
    4 Thespian's Stage 9.96
    3 Vesuva 106.38
    Sideboard (15)
    1 Tormod's Crypt 0 0.69
    1 Walking Ballista xx 15.00
    1 Ratchet Bomb 2 1.65
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass 2 2.99
    2 Warping Wail 1c 0.98
    3 Ensnaring Bridge 3 134.97
    1 Trinisphere 3 30.63
    4 Leyline of the Void 2bb 199.96
    1 Mycosynth Lattice 6 35.99
    75 Cards Total

  2. #302

    Re: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp

    My list
    4 cloudpost
    4 glimmerpost
    4 ancient tomb
    3 city of traitors
    3 vesuva
    2 blast zone
    1 eye of ugin
    1 karakas
    1 Urborg
    1 eldrazi temple
    1 vein

    4 Seer
    2 ulamog
    1 Kozilek 2.0
    1 ballista

    4 Grim monolith
    4 chalice
    4 dynamo
    3 Voltaic key
    3 trinisphere

    3 ugin 1.0
    3 ugin 2.0
    3 karn 2.0

    Side
    4 leyline
    3 ensnaring bridge
    2 warping wail
    1 spyglass
    1 trinisphere
    1 lattice
    1 tormod
    1 ratchet bomb
    1 ballista

    Yesterday 3 league 4 1

  3. #303

    Re: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp

    Yesterday 5 0 on league mtgo

    My list
    4 ancient tomb
    4 cloudpost
    4 glimmerpost
    3 city of traitors
    3 thespian
    2 vesuva
    2 vein
    1 karakas
    1 blast zone
    1 eye of ugin

    4 chalice
    4 Grim monolith
    3 dynamo
    3 trinisphere
    3 Voltaic key
    2 basalt monolith
    4 ugin 1.0
    3 karn 3.0
    2 ugin 2.0

    4 Seer
    2 ulamog
    1 ballista

    Side
    4 leyline
    4 ensnaring bridge
    2 spyglass
    2 warping wail
    1 trinisphere
    1 lattice
    1 tormod
    Last edited by caprino; 05-20-2019 at 12:28 PM.

  4. #304

    Re: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp


  5. #305

    Re: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp

    Today another 5 0

    4 cloudpost
    4 glimmerpost
    4 ancient tomb
    4 City of traitors
    3 vesuva
    2 eye of ugin
    2 karakas
    2 vein

    4 chalice
    4 Grim monolith
    4 Voltaic key
    3 dynamo
    3 trinisphere
    1 basalt

    4 ugin 1.0
    4 karn 3.0

    4 thought Seer
    2 ulamog
    1 Kozilek 2.0
    1 ballista

    Side
    4 leyline
    4 ensnaring bridge
    2 warping wail
    1 ratchet bomb
    1 trinisphere
    1 ballista
    1 tormod
    1 lattice

  6. #306
    Hymn-Slinger
    H's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    The U-easy-anna
    Posts

    2,385

    Re: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp

    Interesting, congrats. New Ugin just not really making the cut any more?
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    —Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

  7. #307

    Re: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp

    Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Interesting, congrats. New Ugin just not really making the cut any more?
    Thanks.
    The new ugin is a beautiful card, but it didn't impressive me.

    I think ugin old is best in this deck

  8. #308

    Re: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp

    I can't find the Big Eldrazi thread anymore so I post here.

    Took down a 20-men tournament yesterday with updated version of Big Eldrazi.
    Here's the list :

    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    3 Vesuva
    2 Thespian Stage
    2 Eye of Ugin
    2 Blast Zone
    1 Karakas

    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo
    3 Trinisphere
    2 Voltaic Key

    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Ulamog, The Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Kozilek, The Great Distortion
    1 Walking Ballista

    3 Karn, The great Creator
    3 Ugin, The Ineffable
    3 Ugin, The Spirit Dragon

    SB : Mycosynth Lattice, Trinisphere, Ratchet Bomb, Spellskite, Walking Ballista, 3 Ensnaring Bridge, 2 Sorcerous Syglass, 4 Leyline of the void, Warping Wail

    Beat UR Delver, UR Pteramander, Eldrazi Post and Death and Taxes in the first four rounds while been crushed by UW Stoneblade in the last round.
    Semi final was a rematch versus Death and Taxes, and beat this time Stoneblade in final.

    Deck felt busted all day long. Being able to steal games while mulliganing to 5 was amazing.
    New Ugin is underrated. Card advantage, costs reducer and problem solver in one card that sticks is huge.
    New Karn is a 10 mana combo that wins on the spot if unanswered. Was not that much impressed by the toolbox aspect so far but the sample is too light to make conclusions.
    Blast Zone is nice, removed Delvers and Vials. Wish I had more space for a third one but doesn't suit well with the ramp strategy.

    I dodged some bad match ups to be fair, there was some Burn decks and Omnitell around.

    The player on Eldrazi Post finished 5th and has done well in big events with the deck.
    Kinda like the idea of still being an underdog, but the deck is stupidly solid, only folds to Wastlock decks... and Back to Basics.

  9. #309

    Re: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDissent View Post
    I can't find the Big Eldrazi thread anymore so I post here.

    Took down a 20-men tournament yesterday with updated version of Big Eldrazi.
    Here's the list :

    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    3 Vesuva
    2 Thespian Stage
    2 Eye of Ugin
    2 Blast Zone
    1 Karakas

    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo
    3 Trinisphere
    2 Voltaic Key

    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Ulamog, The Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Kozilek, The Great Distortion
    1 Walking Ballista

    3 Karn, The great Creator
    3 Ugin, The Ineffable
    3 Ugin, The Spirit Dragon

    SB : Mycosynth Lattice, Trinisphere, Ratchet Bomb, Spellskite, Walking Ballista, 3 Ensnaring Bridge, 2 Sorcerous Syglass, 4 Leyline of the void, Warping Wail

    Beat UR Delver, UR Pteramander, Eldrazi Post and Death and Taxes in the first four rounds while been crushed by UW Stoneblade in the last round.
    Semi final was a rematch versus Death and Taxes, and beat this time Stoneblade in final.

    Deck felt busted all day long. Being able to steal games while mulliganing to 5 was amazing.
    New Ugin is underrated. Card advantage, costs reducer and problem solver in one card that sticks is huge.
    New Karn is a 10 mana combo that wins on the spot if unanswered. Was not that much impressed by the toolbox aspect so far but the sample is too light to make conclusions.
    Blast Zone is nice, removed Delvers and Vials. Wish I had more space for a third one but doesn't suit well with the ramp strategy.

    I dodged some bad match ups to be fair, there was some Burn decks and Omnitell around.

    The player on Eldrazi Post finished 5th and has done well in big events with the deck.
    Kinda like the idea of still being an underdog, but the deck is stupidly solid, only folds to Wastlock decks... and Back to Basics.
    Congratulations...spellskite in side you side vs matchup?

  10. #310

    Re: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp

    Thx Caprino :)

    The guy who usually wins our local tournaments is on Infect, so it was mainly for that (and some corner cases vs Burn) but this is a really flex slot.
    Warping Wail is the natural fit if I went to a bigger tournament (going up to 2 so).

  11. #311

    Re: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDissent View Post
    Thx Caprino :)

    The guy who usually wins our local tournaments is on Infect, so it was mainly for that (and some corner cases vs Burn) but this is a really flex slot.
    Warping Wail is the natural fit if I went to a bigger tournament (going up to 2 so).
    I see you play 2x key,what do you think 4 Grim monolith 3 dynamo 2 basalt 3 key main deck, i think basalt is good card for mana ramp.
    My side in this moment is 4 leyline 4 ensnaring (I love 3x side in vs delver, sneak, reanimator ecc.. And 1x in the side for wish karn) 1 tormod 1 ratchet bomb 1 spyglass 1 lattice, 1 ballista, 2 warping.
    Do you like kozilek 2.0?

  12. #312

    Re: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp

    The problem with key is that it doesn't do anything alone, so I tend to play the less I can.
    I hate when the deck goes turbo mana into nothing while we die to Delver beats.

    But you're certainly right on Basalt, switching one Dynamo for it is the right choice.

    Yes sometimes you need to fetch Kozilek, to grab some Glimmerpost when you're low on life for example, and drawing 7 when you have Ugin Ineffable in play is huge.
    I finally cut Emrakul V2, notably cause I don't play All is Dust anymore, and because she really shines versus control, but we beat control anyway.

    I'm not sold on 4 Ensnaring Bridge but that's my take on the deck, I may be wrong again. 3 is fine and it makes space for more toolbox elements or a 2nd Sorcerous Syglass, a card we still need cause Wasteland is the enemy.
    But your deck seems consistent, you're more focused on mana rocks (3 keys, 9 rocks) so you can dodge more easily Wasteland, and probably don't need 2 Spyglass.

  13. #313

    Re: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp

    Yesterday 5 0 in league

    4 cloudpost
    4 glimmerpost
    4 ancient tomb
    4 blast zone
    4 thespian
    3 vesuva
    1 city
    1 karakas

    4 chalice
    4 Grim monolith
    3 dynamo
    3 key
    3 trinisphere
    2 basalt
    1 spyglass
    3 ballista

    3 ugin 1.0
    3 ugin 2.0
    3 karn creator
    3 karn scion

    Side

    4 leyline
    3 ensnaring bridge
    2 warping wail
    1 spyglass
    1 trinisphere
    1 ratchet bomb
    1 lattice
    1 tormod
    1 ballista

  14. #314

    Re: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp

    They just spoiled an upgraded Voltaic Key.

    Manifold Key 1
    1: Tap: Untap another target artifact
    3: Tap: Target creature can't be blocked this turn.



    How essential is Chalice?

    I'm wondering if it's worth it to play 10-12 Monoliths, 8 Voltaic Key, a couple of Candelabra of Tawnos to pair with Cloudpost and just aim to hardcast massive Eldrazi, Ballistas and Ugins every game. KGC can tutor the pieces out as well.

  15. #315
    lolspam
    Amon Amarth's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2006
    Location

    Oregon
    Posts

    1,096

    Re: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    They just spoiled an upgraded Voltaic Key.

    Manifold Key 1
    1: Tap: Untap another target artifact
    3: Tap: Target creature can't be blocked this turn.



    How essential is Chalice?

    I'm wondering if it's worth it to play 10-12 Monoliths, 8 Voltaic Key, a couple of Candelabra of Tawnos to pair with Cloudpost and just aim to hardcast massive Eldrazi, Ballistas and Ugins every game. KGC can tutor the pieces out as well.
    Seems like it adds too much air. Chalice of the Void is too essential. I feel the 3 Voltaic Keys most decks run is enough and I don't really think the unblockable ability means jack shit. Once I have an Eldrazi or huge Walking Ballista they're pretty much screwed already. Also, that art is ugly.
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

  16. #316

    Re: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp

    Quote Originally Posted by Amon Amarth View Post
    Seems like it adds too much air. Chalice of the Void is too essential. I feel the 3 Voltaic Keys most decks run is enough and I don't really think the unblockable ability means jack shit. Once I have an Eldrazi or huge Walking Ballista they're pretty much screwed already. Also, that art is ugly.
    I cut down to 3 Keys in my list anyway. And yeah, the second ability is somewhat worthless except in some corner cases when you are attacking ftw with ulamog or something.

    I think what we really need is another Grim Monolith. Thran Dynamo and Basalt Monolith are decent but they ain't Grim Monolith. If we could play 8 Grim Monoliths instead, then we'd really be talking.



    This might actually be worth trying as a draw engine in this deck, however.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)