Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp

Re: [Primer] Tentacle Smash – Eldrazi Aggro Feat. 10 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    if it "can" attack it's huge.

The point is that it doesn't deal with Moat, Humility and Ensnaring Bridge. If your opponent doesn't play that it's pretty much the best creature in the deck. With Conduit/Eye, overall, that's a 4 mana spell
    there expect many moat,humility and ensnaring bridge in side...........

oh yes. That's why I personally prefer Ulamog 1.0 or Kozilek 1.0 for Miracle

It can come back and back and back with Eye and post-manabif countered. 2.0 finishes when he hits the graveyard

oh yes. That's why I personally prefer Ulamog 1.0 or Kozilek 1.0 for Miracle

It can come back and back and back with Eye and post-manabif countered. 2.0 finishes when he hits the graveyard
    prefer Ulamog that is written in the list?

This http://magiccards.info/mm2/en/6.html

It's shuffled back and normally 1 permanent is more tham enough to win (when you play already Karn and Ugin)

This http://magiccards.info/mm2/en/6.html

It's shuffled back and normally 1 permanent is more tham enough to win (when you play already Karn and Ugin)
    It is not bad indeed

Why not play a 1 of karakas so you can deal with multiples of crap like moat with 1 newlamog? It's what I end up doing most of the time with him playing 12 post.

You're not going to see a 1 of Karakas with any consistency.

Karakas is an interesting idea if you want to use the old Ulamog instead. But karakas doesn't help with New Ulamog if it gets countered and ends up in the yard. If counters are the issue in your meta, would recommend playing 2 Cavern of Souls MD instead of Karakas.

Also, I'm now playing 3 Damping Matrix in my board instead of the Cursed Totem and a Phyrexian Revoker. The Damping Matrix has been solid so I recommend making that switch.

After testing various builds, the build below has proven the strongest against a variety of matchups.

Manabase
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    3 Glimmerpost
    3 Vesuva
    3 Eye of Ugin
    2 Cavern of Souls
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Core Cards
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Endless One
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Conduit of Ruin
    1 Breaker of Armies
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

Flex Slots
    4 Eldrazi Mimic
    2 Trinisphere
    2 Dismember
    2 Warping Wail
    1 Umejawa's Jitte

Sideboard
    3 Faerie Macabre
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Tsabo's Web
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Damping Matrix
    2 All is Dust

Damping Matrix has been absolutely fantastic. I find myself siding it in more often than not since it shuts down so many different annoyances.

Tsabos Web has been awesome as well especially since it cantrips.

Just wish I could find a way to squeeze in Phyrexian Revokers into the deck.
    Last edited by Captain Hammer; 03-31-2016 at 01:50 AM.

That's great! I've played the deck a few times since, and it has been very strong. Breaker of Armies after Tangle Wire seems really good. A "Sweeper" after locking them down with Tangle Wire should be very frustrating to deal with.
    Re: Eldritch Moon and Emrakul

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    You're right that the set symbol is a pretty big giveaway though, and it's not like anyone was expecting anything else after the last block. It's like they brought out Neil Pert and Alex Lifeson, then announced a "mysterious special guest" would be joining them. Well of course it's fucking Geddy Lee.

Ive been playing this deck for a couple of weeks and im liking it very much. Although the biggest issues seem to be two:

1) Since this version is a bit slower than the regular stompy one, aggro decks (like delver or merfolk) could be an issue. Have you thought of MD Platinum Emperion? You can tutor it with CoR and although eye cant help cast it, after conduit it only costs 6 and its a permanent thats virtually impossible to deal with for everything that doesnt pack swords to plowshares.

2) 27 lands seem to be an awful lot. I've tried dropping the City of Traitors completely (since its the land that has the less sinergy with the rest of the deck), but that seems to make us lose some early game raw power. Any ideas on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    After testing various builds, the build below has proven the strongest against a variety of matchups.

Manabase
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    3 Glimmerpost
    3 Vesuva
    3 Eye of Ugin
    2 Cavern of Souls
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Core Cards
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Endless One
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Conduit of Ruin
    1 Breaker of Armies

Flex Slots
    4 Eldrazi Mimic
    2 Trinisphere
    2 Dismember
    2 Warping Wail
    1 Umejawa's Jitte

Sideboard
    3 Faerie Macabre
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Tsabo's Web
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Damping Matrix
    2 All is Dust

Damping Matrix has been absolutely fantastic. I find myself siding it in more often than not since it shuts down so many different annoyances.

Tsabos Web has been awesome as well especially since it cantrips.

Just wish I could find a way to squeeze in Phyrexian Revokers into the deck.
    Nice list...no tangle wife main deck?

Tangle Wire has been kind of swingy, amazing in some situations and near worthless in others. I've been doing better since I cut it for a couple of Trinispheres and Warping Wails.

Tangle Wire has been kind of swingy, amazing in some situations and near worthless in others. I've been doing better since I cut it for a couple of Trinispheres and Warping Wails.
    the list that you would play is the last you've written?

prefer Ulamog's Crusher or Breaker of Armies?
    Last edited by caprino; 04-11-2016 at 12:26 PM.

Yes.

Prefer Breaker of Armies to Crusher.

Yes.

Prefer Breaker of Armies to Crusher.
    Read private message. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    Read private message. Thanks
    You're welcome. :)

It took a while but finally, the most popular and successful Eldrazi Aggro decks have adopted the same core threats as this deck. Colorless Eldrazi decks maindecking Ulamog took up 2 of the top 8 slots at the latest SCG. The only difference is that they are not playing Cloudpost which is a big mistake imo. Post mana significantly improves the viability of Eye activations and the castability of the Ulamogs they are maindecking.
    Last edited by Captain Hammer; 09-20-2016 at 06:30 PM.

Just as an update, for the current meta dominated by "fair" decks like Miracles, Grixis, Death and Taxes and with other Eldrazi Aggro variants being a very frequent matchup, I recommend playing the below list...

Manabase
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    3 Glimmerpost
    3 Vesuva
    2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Core Cards
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Endless One
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Oblivion Sower

Flex Slots
    4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Matter Reshaper
    2 Dismember
    2 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Phyrexian Revoker

Sideboard
    2 Faerie Macabre
    2 Tsabo's Web
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Trinisphere
    2 Damping Matrix
    2 All is Dust
    1 Duplicant

Do you have any feedback regarding this build?
    Last edited by Captain Hammer; 09-20-2016 at 06:12 PM.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

for the current meta dominated by "fair" decks like Miracles, Grixis, Death and Taxes and with other Eldrazi Aggro variants
    If this statement is true, isn't Chalice of the Void mediocre more than half the time? If so, is there a more impactful replacement for those main-deck slots, like perhaps Candelabra of Tawnos or Winter Orb or more Phyrexian Revokers or even Amulet of Vigor?

Those arent the only decks people are playing. They just happen to be the most popular/competitive ones. Chalice is useful against most everything except the mirror, and its too ridiculously powerful against too many matchups to cut imo.

However, if for some reason you just cant get your hands on Chalice or you play a metagame of mostly Stompy and Eldrazi decks, to gear towards your particular meta, you can swap them to maindeck hate like more Phyrexian Revokers or play maindeck Warping Wail/Rachet Bomb/Thorn of Amethyst/Trinisphere/All is Dust. The cards you mentioned could work too, possibly even Expedition Map, Ive just never tried them here.
    Last edited by Captain Hammer; 09-20-2016 at 09:15 PM.

Would appreciate some input on the sideboard.

The list has been ridiculously good all weekend. The only matchup that gave me any difficulty at all this entire weekend was Dredge, and I attribute that to not expecting this matchup and thus not playing 4 Leyline of the Void in the board. Especially with the current build now playing 2 Urborg, Leyline makes perfect sense.

I am more confident than ever that if I find a way to make room for 4 Leylines in the sideboard, the deck is damn near unstoppable in the current meta. The cloudpost mana base has indeed made the deck more consistently able to overrun opponents and has also made the deck much more resistant to Wasteland, making it less reliant of Temple/Eye and far better able to recover from Grixis's attempts to cripple the mana base.

However I can't figure out what to cut from my current board, aside from the 2 Fairie Macabre, to make room for 4 Leylines. Every sideboard card in my list ended up being useful.

What do you guys think is the least essential card in my current sideboard that should get cut to make room for the last 2 Leylines? This is in reference to the below list...

Manabase
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    3 Glimmerpost
    3 Vesuva
    2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Core Cards
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Endless One
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Oblivion Sower

Flex Slots
    4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Matter Reshaper
    2 Dismember
    2 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Phyrexian Revoker

Sideboard
    2 Faerie Macabre
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Tsabo's Web
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Trinisphere
    2 All is Dust
    1 Duplicant

Would greatly appreciate any input you can provide on this. Because I am convinced more than ever after this past weekend that this is the strongest deck in Legacy at the moment.

My current inclination is to cut Rachet Bomb and thus go...
    SB +4 Leyline of the Void
    SB -2 Fairie Macabre
    SB -2 Rachet Bomb

However, even Rachet Bomb has been solid, blowing up a ton of Pyromancer tokens and Delvers this past weekend. So I'm not 100% certain this is the best card to cut.

Thread Information