Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp

Re: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbunny View Post
    Finally managed to find some time to play again. Went to Indy this weekend, dropped in the Open, and played a turbo and a challenge for legacy. Won my turbo and went 4-0 in the challenge.

Changes: One Ulamog/Top threat for a walking ballista and the pithing needle in the side was switched to the 4th spyglass.

Turbo - Czech Pile
    2-1
    IN:
    2 Endbringer
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Ugin the Spirit Dragon
    1 All is Dust

Out:
    2 Voltaic Key
    2 Thran Dynamo
    1 Walking Ballista
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    Lost game 1 and won the next 2. Overall it feels like a grindy matchup but they don't have wastelands to take you off mana. Tax effects are more important because they can play abrupt decay and like 3 K-Command. If they can 2 for one you enough (via Jace/K-Command/Hymn) they can definitely get there, but a resolved wurmcoil is generally enough for game.

Challenge - Dredge
    2-1
    IN:
    4x Leyline of the Void
    1x Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    1x All is Dust
    2x Endbringer

OUT:
    2x Thran Dynamo
    2x Voltaic Key
    3x Sorcerous Spyglass
    1x Walking Ballista

Dredge does not seem like a great matchup for us; pre-board is dependent on lock pieces. I got game 1 because he was on a mull to 5 and I had a trinisphere to lock him out of casting spells. He went off G2 T1 and G3 was more trinisphere/chalice fun. Post-board I think you have to keep a hand with either leyline or trinisphere in order to do any real work.

Challenge - Czech Pile
    2-1
    Same as before
    Played the same guy from the night before and it went the same as before. Keeping creature hands is better than lock pieces and hand but obviously both are the best.

Challenge - ANT STorm
    2-1
    IN:
    2x Thorn of Amethyst
    1x Ratchet Bomb
    2x Endbringer

OUT:
    3x Sorcerous Spyglass
    1x All is Dust
    1x Walking Ballista

I had chalices on 0-3 G1, he killed me T1 G2, and I trinisphere'd him G3. Storm decks are generally pretty easy for us because we have very strong disruption (TKS/Artifact Lock) and strong clocks that come cheap (Smasher).

Challenge - UW Miraclse
    2-0
    SB is same as Czech Pile

Trinisphere was an all-star both games. TKS took a council's judgement G1 and I finished him off after he tapped out for entreat with a Ballista. G2 was the usual with a Trinisphere resolving and me throwing creatures until he died. Creature hands are best here but a mana hand with eye is fine too. It generally becomes a game of how many terminus can he draw before he dies.

Overall thoughts on my list: Wurmcoil is still overperforming even in spirit, 1x Ballista has not been very impressive, Trinisphere should be played in the main as a minimum 2 of; the card is just too nuts against the field right now. I haven't done much testing with what you guys have been posting but I'll probably start looking into:
    More Planeswalkers (Karn/Ugin)
    More MUD (Basalt Monolith)
    Lodestone Golemn?
    Faerie Macabre as GY hate

Thoughts on some other stuff:
    Oblivion Sower is bad; unless you're trying to high-roll combo and hit some crazy stuff, more often than not you just get some useless fetches or nothing. At 6 mana Endbringer is both better value and a better threat.

Conduits of Ruin are very mediocre in my opinion. They can setup powerful turns with their discount ability (ayy Ulamog) and guarantees gas next turn, but they're mostly just meh. If I was to play them I would play them along side Endbringer as a strong target.

Coercive Portal as card advantage has been very underwhelming; keys can give stronger starts and more creatures improves control matchups.
    Great report!!!, Thanks!!!, What do you tunk about the new Karn, Scion of Urza? I think is the best Planeswalker fo this deck, I think 3-4 copies in the deck. Do you like this planeswalker?

G'day All,

It has been a long time since I have played Legacy (I had to sell my collection back in 2009.) and am looking to get back into it via two decks that seem reasonably affordable, Eldrazi and D&T. The reason why I am telling you this is that gives the reader an idea of where I am coming from for my next question.

Is City of Traitors necessary in Eldrazi? At the current price tag (at around US$260.00) it is a big investment and something which I would be keen to avoid for the time being at least, especially if there are other alternatives I can use. I have put together the following land base for the deck:

4 Glimmerpost
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Vesuva

Is that a competitive land base to play with, given I do not, currently, have access to City of Traitors? I ask as I have done some research, looking at the current builds in this thread and at lists recently competed at legacy events and would like to hear the wisdom of experienced players, because, if playing City of Traitors is critical, I reckon I am going to have to put the deck aside for now and fork out for them.

Thanks in advance!

Further more, is Grim Monolith also necessary? Can Eldrazi be competitive without it?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Gibs View Post
    G'day All,

It has been a long time since I have played Legacy (I had to sell my collection back in 2009.) and am looking to get back into it via two decks that seem reasonably affordable, Eldrazi and D&T. The reason why I am telling you this is that gives the reader an idea of where I am coming from for my next question.

Is City of Traitors necessary in Eldrazi? At the current price tag (at around US$260.00) it is a big investment and something which I would be keen to avoid for the time being at least, especially if there are other alternatives I can use. I have put together the following land base for the deck:

4 Glimmerpost
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Vesuva

Is that a competitive land base to play with, given I do not, currently, have access to City of Traitors? I ask as I have done some research, looking at the current builds in this thread and at lists recently competed at legacy events and would like to hear the wisdom of experienced players, because, if playing City of Traitors is critical, I reckon I am going to have to put the deck aside for now and fork out for them.

Thanks in advance!

Further more, is Grim Monolith also necessary? Can Eldrazi be competitive without it?
    i think 3x copy main deck city of traitors is very important

Grim Monolith and City of Traitors are two of the most important cards in the deck...
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

I've realised that I have posted in the wrong thread! I am looking for the Eldrazi Stompy thread, not ramp. My apologies and thanks for the replies. :)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_AGUILA View Post
    Great report!!!, Thanks!!!, What do you tunk about the new Karn, Scion of Urza? I think is the best Planeswalker fo this deck, I think 3-4 copies in the deck. Do you like this planeswalker?
    Thanks! It's been awhile since I've played much paper magic at all so I'm not sure. Initially I wasn't too sure how great he is because I feel that his CA engine is kinda mediocre, but I think he might be able to find a home in the deck. I think if we were going to run him it'd be over spyglass and maybe some big dudes. The awkward parts about him is the usual with temple and eye along with his engine not being the best, but this deck is fine with getting extra lands to jam big dudes. If you are going to run him though I would say 3 minimum, 4 recommended otherwise you won't be able to consistently get enough value with his minus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbunny View Post
    Thanks! It's been awhile since I've played much paper magic at all so I'm not sure. Initially I wasn't too sure how great he is because I feel that his CA engine is kinda mediocre, but I think he might be able to find a home in the deck. I think if we were going to run him it'd be over spyglass and maybe some big dudes. The awkward parts about him is the usual with temple and eye along with his engine not being the best, but this deck is fine with getting extra lands to jam big dudes. If you are going to run him though I would say 3 minimum, 4 recommended otherwise you won't be able to consistently get enough value with his minus.
    I would like to play this deck in the next tournament:
    Creatures:
    1 Emrakul the Promise End
    1 Walking Ballista
    2 Kozilek the Great Distorsion
    2 Ulamog the Ceaseless Hunger
    4 Thought Knot Seer
    Planeswalkers:
    3 Karn The Scion of Urza
    3 Ugin the Spirit Dragon
    1 Basalt Monolith
    3 Thran Dynamo
    3 Trinisphere
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Voltaic key
    2 Eldrazi Temple
    2 Eye of Ugin
    2 Thespian's Stage
    3 Vesuva
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    SIDEBOARD
    2 Wurmcoil Engine
    1 Trinisphere
    4 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 All is Dust
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Warping Wail

What do you think about the deck?changes??

Please, Can anybody help me with the deck? I have a Legacy's tournament this week and I don't know how do the decK, please!!!!somebody

Please, Can anybody help me with the deck? I have a Legacy's tournament this week and I don't know how do the decK, please!!!!somebody
    You have a decklist right above. Nobody knows what the meta will be like, just roll with it. If you fear RUG delver add ratchet bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by JackaBo View Post
    You have a decklist right above. Nobody knows what the meta will be like, just roll with it. If you fear RUG delver add ratchet bomb.
    Yes the decklist is two speaker up, my doubts,if I play Trinisphere the main or Sorcerous Spyglass the main and how many?

Yes the decklist is two speaker up, my doubts,if I play Trinisphere the main or Sorcerous Spyglass the main and how many?
    This has been on my mind this week; on one hand hitting wasteland is nice, on the other there are no DRS' to hit anymore. If you expect a goodly amount of DNT and Lands I'd run Spyglass, otherwise I see Trinisphere as the more generic mainboard option.
    Lands, MUD, Stax, and Miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by Barachai View Post
    This has been on my mind this week; on one hand hitting wasteland is nice, on the other there are no DRS' to hit anymore. If you expect a goodly amount of DNT and Lands I'd run Spyglass, otherwise I see Trinisphere as the more generic mainboard option.
    I have the solution,the deck;
    CREATURES
    1kozilek the Great Distortion
    2 Ulamog the Ceaseless Hunger
    2 Walking Ballista
    3 Endbringer (the best criature vs show and tell, reanimator, tokens, Eldrazi agro)
    4 Thought-knot Seer
    SORCERIES
    2 All is Dust
    PLANESWALKERS
    2 Ugin the Spirit Dragon (necessary with agro and
    2 Karn Scion of Urza (is great at first, defender with token artifacts 3/3 minimum and give me importants cards,the artifacts draws,big creature artifacts)

3 Sorcerous Spyglass (see de opponent's decks and pitting cards very dangerous,can exit at first with ancient tomb and city of traitors)
    3 Thran Dynamo
    3 Voltaic Key
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    LANDS
    2 Eye of Ugin
    2 Urbog, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    2 Vesuva
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    SIDEBOARD
    4 Leyline of the Void (the best anti graveyard decks)
    1 Spatial Contortion (agro)
    2 Ratched Bomb (RUG is very difficult)
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass ( more pitting anti wasteland, stoneforge, jace,fetchs, vial,maze of Ith,.....)
    3 Trinisphere (combo)
    2 Warping Wail (combo)
    2 Wurmcoil Engine vs Burn UR Delver,mirror

What do you think about the deck?,Do you agree with the explication?

Quote Originally Posted by Barachai View Post
    Great Legacy's tournament, finish 9 with 3-2 win Blue Painters (2-0), Goblins (2-1) and Death & Taxes (2-0) and lost vs Show & Tell and Ad Nauseam (0-2) both of them. Versus agro the deck is great but versus combo need more hate, I change three sorcerous spyglass for three Trinisphere. The deck is great only need some changes

Joseph Santomassino won 1st place at the SCG Legacy Classic Rochester on 7/15/18 with the following list...

Creatures (22)
    3 Walking Ballista
    4 Matter Reshaper
    3 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    2 Endbringer
    2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

Planeswalkers (1)
    1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Spells (2)
    2 All Is Dust

Artifacts (10)
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Grim Monolith
    3 Trinisphere

Lands (25)
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    2 Vesuva

Sideboard (15)
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    3 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Dismember
    2 Faerie Macabre
    3 Leyline of the Void
    3 Mindbreak Trap

The list looks extremely consistent and I think it gives us a great direction to take this deck in the post ban environment.

I'm hoping to get some input on the correct mix of Oblivion Sower and Endbringer to play in the deck.

Endbringer can be a boon versus Show and Tell, gives you a way to ping your opponent through Ensnaring Bridge and draws you gas so it's a definite 2 of. The question is, should I play more than 2 maindeck.

Oblivion Sower has gotten better post ban. The number of fetchlands have fallen since decks don't need them to fuel their Deathrite Shamans and Stifle has made a huge comeback post ban. As a 5/8, it's a great answer to Anglers and Goyfs.

This is why I am going with a 2/2 split of both, even though my list only has room for 1 Urborg.

If you think I should cut a Trinisphere or an Oblivion Sower or a Spyglass to play the 3rd Endbringer, let me know.

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

This thread should probably be merged with the BigEldrazi thread in New and Developmental Decks.

Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post
    This thread should probably be merged with the BigEldrazi thread in New and Developmental Decks.
    This thread was started earlier and always had a more detailed primer. I would be fine with the content from Big Eldrazi being added to it but I think its quite a bit of work for the mods.

Big squid won a league recently, list below. Just wondering, why do you guys think spyglass is main? Why two Basalt main over 4x Grim? Is the stage needed? Are two wastes in the side really needed? No All is Dust seems odd to me too

4 Endbringer
    4 Matter Reshaper
    3 Oblivion Sower
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    4 Walking Ballista
    2 Basalt Monolith
    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Grim Monolith
    3 Sorcerous Spyglass
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Thespian's Stage
    3 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    3 Vesuva
    2 Karn, Scion of Urza

1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Faerie Macabre
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Wastes

Spyglass prevents post from getting Wastelanded. Also answers Planeswalkers, dark depths, karakas, vial, lions eye diamond or the ferchland you saw in your opponents hand. It’s basically always good.

Stage and Wastes are not needed. Stage is a decent way to use your opponents Dark Depths against them and its a 2 mana vesuva that taps for mana the turn you play it, so its fine.

Basalth doesnt make any sense to me. Hes not even playing Trinisphere so Grim Monolith is strictly superior.

In Response - Podcast
    Jun 2007
    Berne, Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    Spyglass prevents post from getting Wastelanded. Also answers Planeswalkers, dark depths, karakas,vial, lions eye diamond or the ferchland you saw in your opponents hand. It’s basically always good.
    You can technically Needle a LED - and if your opponent has ever played Storm or Dredge he will kill you the turn after.

IMHO one of the biggest reasons to play the Spyglass main is gone as it was never a dead draw. Especially against the matchups where you are already need fast hands like Reanimator or Storm the spyglass does virtually nothing.
    You better board in 3 when they are good.
    Last edited by hofzge; 07-26-2018 at 10:30 AM.
    Chalice on 1

Thread Information