Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp

Re: [Primer] Tentacle Smash – Eldrazi Aggro Feat. 10 Post

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    Nice, side in and side out guide?
    At points I change my sideboarding from game to game, so I will give you a general guide and hope that it isn't too wrong :)
    * Generally I always keep an Ulamog for quicker matches. You never know when a burn player brings in Ensnaring Bridge or whatever crazy tech try for their boards.
    * Pithing Needles are for Lands, Hex-mage. I am not sure they should be sided in versus DnT, because you end up siding out something useful. But if you do there are many good targets and I think Vial is a good option. On the play I would pick Wasteland especially if I need to protect a Cloudpost from being wasted before Vesuva can copy it. I don't like it too much versus Miracles either, a few are ok to stop Top from generating Monks.
    * All is Dust for Shardless, DnT, Mentor Miracles, Reanimator, Dredge. Versus DnT I would go down one in game 3 due to Sanctum Prelate. I have not tried AiD against BR Reanimator, but it may work. Against the normal reanimator deck All is Dust i great.
    * Against decks with many Leovolds I would take Thought-Knot out. At the point of writing I would consider removing a few versus Miracles before removing Endbringer, Endless One or Oblivion Sower as the matches goes long and it doesn't do too much after a while.
    * Matter Reshaper is sided out versus Reanimator, Miracles. Probably should be sided out versus Dredge as well.
    * Versus Blood Moon decks I keep Monolith in
    * I have removed Monolith versus fast decks, but Monolith also gives us speed so not sure about that. I am thinking it may depend on us being on the draw versus play. I think removing one versus DnT is ok to lessen the impact of Revoker.
    * In this sideboard there is a tention between chalice on 1 and the one drops. Versus reanimator I keep them in. Against lands I think it is ok to keep them in.
    * Ratchet Bomb versus DnT, UR Delver (1 counter), Miracles (3 counters), Shardless (2 counters)
    * Thorn in versus Storm, Burn, UR Delver

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    Awesome list. Any changes you wish you made?

What do you think about playing a 1 of Kozilek Butcher in place of one Ulamog to give you something to tutor up vs control when they are holding counters. Ulamog if it gets countered doesn't do enough to win you the game. Kozilek Butcher if it gets countered gets shuffled back in so you can tutor it up again, drawing you 4 cards each time. It gives you inevitability.
    Well, there are some "problem areas" with the deck. Only 3 Eye of Ugins is the reason I am running 2 Ulamogs. Having an Ulamog in the starting hand sucks. I am considering Conduit instead of the one Ulamog or even an Eye of Ugin, but I am on DnT for the next weeks and won't have time to test it out.

I would probably add Fearie Macabre instead of the other graveyard hate.

Well, long thought process short. I see your point now that I have played with Ulamog more, so I will add one Kozilek and remove an Ulamog for it. Sundering Titan could also be fun...

In the current meta, I've seen so many traditional eldrazi decks lose because they simply can't deal with any creature bigger than a 5/5, losing to large KoTRs, Goyfs, Thragtusks, Rhox or reanimated fat or even Jitte. This build can deal with them without issue.

Right now, if you want to win with Eldrazi, either go big or go home. This meta is the best reason yet to play Tentacle Smash or the Oblivion Build from the second post in this thread instead of traditional Eldrazi lists. The meta adjusted for other Eldrazi lists but is basically a buffet line for Cloudpost based Big Eldrazi lists.

In the current meta, I've seen so many traditional eldrazi decks lose because they simply can't deal with any creature bigger than a 5/5, losing to large KoTRs, Goyfs, Thragtusks, Rhox or reanimated fat or even Jitte. This build can deal with them without issue.

Right now, if you want to win with Eldrazi, either go big or go home. This meta is the best reason yet to play Tentacle Smash or the Oblivion Build from the second post in this thread instead of traditional Eldrazi lists. The meta adjusted for other Eldrazi lists but is basically a buffet line for Cloudpost based Big Eldrazi lists.
    Hi, my current meta is death and taxes, bug shardless, miracle, ant, reanimator br, Sneak attack/Omnitell..help me main deck list and side. Thanks

I have only played with the deck once in tournament play since my big win, but I have experimented with a few cards, to get diversification versus Sanctum Prelate, but also for fun, which leed me to this:
    * Nevinyrral's Disk, better versus BR Reanimator with Collective Brutality, better versus all Reanimator decks, about the same speed as All is Dust but enters the board a turn earlier so it can't be discarded as quickly. -1 All is Dust from the sideboard
    * Planar Bridge, it is better once you get it activated as you don't have to spend 7 to search and then cast the creature you get, but it doesn't add much for our late game that Eye of Ugin already doesn't cover.
    * Skyship Sovereign, it is good versus miracles, it is an additional removal spell versus many other things. I think it could be run in the main. But my testing lead me to...
    * Lightning Greaves! I have just started testing it, but it has been soo good! Example of situations it is good:
    ** Play it turn 1, equip Thought-Knot Seer turn 2.
    ** Play it turn 2, equip Oblivion Sower turn 3.
    ** Follow up the above play with any other creature than Reality Smasher (and Matter Reshaper) for another powerful and quick attack.
    ** When you need extra speed and protection (Miracles).
    ** When you race the other deck (UR Delver, Reanimator).
    ** When they don't have sweepers (DnT).

I think it is main deckable in the right meta and I will try two in my main and remove -2 End Bringers

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    Hi, my current meta is death and taxes, bug shardless, miracle, ant, reanimator br, Sneak attack/Omnitell..help me main deck list and side. Thanks
    A few suggestions:
    • Fearie Macabre is good versus Reanimator.
    • Pithing needle shuts down Sneak Attack, Griselbrand, Wasteland, Aether Vial, Sensei's Top.
    • I would consider Karakas, but I don't like it much.
    • Grafdigger's Cage is great, lets us play the "long game" versus Reanimator.
    • Basilisk Collar helps versus Reanimator, your creatures can race theirs.
    • ANT you just need the 4 chalices in the main and 3 thorns in the side.

I played in a casual tournament a few weeks ago, went 3-1. Lost to DnT and myself... It is not always that I want to compete when it is a casual tournament, even if it is for a league... Anyway.

Played in a casual tournament today (start of a new league), went 3-0-1. Here is a report before going to bed.

BUG Leovold (2-0). He sided out Leovold as a 3/3 does so little in this match-up from their perspective. I think I boarded +2 All is Dust, +2 Ratchet Bomb, +1 Surgical, +1 Pithing Needle, -3 Thought-Knot, -1 Thorn, -1 Endless One (great as it can grow bigger than goyf, bad versus Decay), -1 Matter Reshaper (small dude, great versus Liliana, good for grinding, but I rather take this than any of the big dudes). In retrospect I should have taken out -4 Chalice, -1 Thorn, +2 All is Dust, +1 Surgical (very good with Oblivion Sower), +2 Pithing Needle...

Dark Bant (I think) (1-1-1). Stand off versus Batterskull, I only drew lands, he only drew lands, an eternity later I won. Game two went quickly to him. Game 3 went to time and I was 1 turn away from winning... I think I sided +1 Surgical, +2 All is Dust, +2 Ratchet Bomb. -4 Chalice, -1 Thorn. I didn't think about playing quickly as it was a casual tournament and neither did I think to push my opponent to play quicker until it was too late.

Dark Bant (2-0). Batterskull and True-Name are difficult to contend with and Leovold is good versus certain effects (Thought-Knot, Oblivion Sower, Jitte, Endbringer etc) and they have too few creatures and can't board out Leovold. I think I boarded +2 All is Dust, +2 Ratchet Bomb, -3 Thought-Knot, -1 Thorn.

Jund (2-0). Not much to fear from this deck except wasteland, Toxic Deluge, goyf, possible loam and Liliana. Sideboarding:+1 Surgical, +2 Pithing Needle, +2 All is Dust, -4 Chalice, -1 Thorn (yes I ran it in the main due to leaving an Endbringer home).

---

Some thoughts, I didn't like Nevinyrral's Disk for any of these match ups and Basilisk Collar might be better versus BR Reanimator and has applications against other decks? I am trying other things out as I don't like Leyline of the Void. If we have to mulligan just to find it, then we aren't proactive.

Lightning Greaves won me a few games a few turns quicker. It really made a difference. Had I played Jitte first instead of Greaves, I would have won the game that went to time. I just played one, another would have been nice. Possibly a card that should be boarded out on the draw?

Surgical for Wasteland in combination with Oblivion Sower should be used more often. Watch out for Deathrites trying to nab them before you can get rid of them.

I have been playing a bunch of other decks but I think I am going to stick with this and try to play in a few european tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by ratninja View Post
    So the last tournament was just a check to see if I should bring this deck to a large tournament. I did and I won. My result was 9-1-1.

Current record is 23-2-5, 4 of which are IDs. I think it is up there competing for the spot of the most powerful deck.

4 Endless One
    4 Matter Reshaper
    4 Oblivion Sower
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    3 Endbringer
    2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Grim Monolith
    2 Umezawa's Jitte

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Cavern of Souls
    3 Eye of Ugin
    3 Glimmerpost
    3 Vesuva
    2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Sideboard:
    4 Pithing Needle
    3 All is Dust
    3 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Grafdigger's Cage
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    1 Surgical Extraction
    You've won me over on maindecking 2 Jitte in lieu of Revoker and testing Grim Monolith in place of Conduit of Ruin or Endless One.

One question regarding your list, why Matter Reshaper instead of Eldrazi Mimic? Mimic seems like it would be stronger with all the large Eldrazi you're playing.

You've won me over on maindecking 2 Jitte in lieu of Revoker and testing Grim Monolith in place of Conduit of Ruin or Endless One.

One question regarding your list, why Matter Reshaper instead of Eldrazi Mimic? Mimic seems like it would be stronger with all the large Eldrazi you're playing.
    Nice :)

I am actually thinking about cutting Matter Reshapers as they are quite week. They do however carry a jitte, sacrifice for liliana and accelerate us upon a block like a champ, so they have their role to fulfill. But I need to add more Lightning Greaves (first I need to buy more). And Lightning Greaves has a similar effect as Mimic. But I have considered Mimic and since we don't have the same overall speed as the aggro deck I have been cold on it. I am however thinking that it would be nice in combination with the Lightning Greaves :D

Well done Caprino.

I think your list (and Ratninjas) have the best records at major tournaments so far so I would recommend one of them for anyone looking to pick this deck up.

Are there any changes you made to the deck since your finish?

Well done Caprino.

I think your list (and Ratninjas) have the best records at major tournaments so far so I would recommend one of them for anyone looking to pick this deck up.

Are there any changes you made to the deck since your finish?
    Today i test main deck - 1 emrakul - 1 kozilek new + 1 kozilek butcher +1 all is dust

Side i play 2/3 copy ashen rider o spine of ish

Nice! I really like those changes. Emrakul seemed too high cc to be reliable. I just wish the deck had room for two more kozileks or some reality smashers.

Faerie Godfather

Jul 2005
    Finland

About the manabase (Caprino's): Do the Eldrazi Temples still feel that good compared to extra Vesuvas with the amount of artifacts in the deck? The fact that they only tap for 1 to cast any of the artifacts and to activate Eye seems a bit annoying, and it feels the Vesuvas would help to get to those 3+ tapping Cloudposts for the big Eldrazi faster than Temple anyways. They seem at their best to cast TKS. The big disadvantage of Vesuva feels like it's the CiPT, but as it can often copy a Post, it still should add 1 mana at least on the turn it comes into play a reasonable portion of the time, adding 4+ the turn thereafter if you had a Cloudpost to copy.

Another question: When you lose games, how does it usually happen? Do you ever find the comparatively low threat density a problem? Or are you generally just cut off your mana or outraced, before the big guns come online?
    Last edited by Eldariel; 04-01-2017 at 08:28 AM.

Eldrazi Temples are still some of the best lands in the decks. The artifacts are just there to get you mana to play the big threats. The Temples are key to playing those big threats.

Losses when they happen seem to happen from not getting a game winning threat fast enough for me but I think Caprino can shed more light as he has played the deck longer.

I'm curious about Eldrazi based mana acceleration such as Kozilek's Channeler, Oblivion Sower and Conduit of Ruin.

Eye and Temple make them cheaper, Conduit also doubles as a tutor and they come with a nice big body to help with beat down or defense.

Are we certain that Thran Dynamo is better than Channeler for example?

Caprino, what do you think of this list?

4 cloudpost
    4 glimmerpost
    3 vesuva
    3 city of traitors or is thespian stage better here?
    4 eye of ugin
    4 eldrazi temple
    4 ancient tomb
    2 urborg

4 seer
    4 reality smasher
    4 oblivion sower
    3 ulamog
    1 kozilek butcher
    1 kozilek new

4 all is dust
    4 grim monolith
    4 chalice of the void
    3 Trinisphere

Side
    4 leyline of the void
    4 spatial contortion
    4 pithing needle
    3 warping wail

Caprino, what do you think of this list?

4 cloudpost
    4 glimmerpost
    3 vesuva
    3 city of traitors or is thespian stage better here?
    4 eye of ugin
    4 eldrazi temple
    4 ancient tomb
    2 urborg

4 seer
    4 reality smasher
    4 oblivion sower
    3 ulamog
    1 kozilek butcher
    1 kozilek new

4 all is dust
    4 grim monolith
    4 chalice of the void
    3 Trinisphere

Side
    4 leyline of the void
    4 spatial contortion
    4 pithing needle
    3 warping wail
    Is good, i prefer thespian stage(no city)
    I dont like smasher in this deck.. I prefer trigger creatures

What does your current list look like?

Thread Information